WR recruit Robinson cited for possession on OSU visit - offer pulled

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Saw on another board that he was arrested on his Ohio State visit for marijuana possession. Apparently this is why OSU dropped him.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I saw the police report. Small amount of marijuana and a 98 dollar fine (I think that's what I read). His hearing was cancelled. If it's weed I truly don't give a crap. It also said he was 6'4. Sign this kid up now

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I saw the police report. Small amount of marijuana and a 98 dollar fine (I think that's what I read). His hearing was cancelled. If it's weed I truly don't give a crap. It also said he was 6'4. Sign this kid up now

I still can't believe we haven't been able to land this kid.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Just goes to show you what goes on with these recruiting trips and why schools land these kids...you know he didn't fly with that so there is only one place he could have gotten it.....Urbs stash is my guess!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You can't get arrested for that amount of marijuana in Ohio. It is a ticket.

The timing of this leaking suggests to me that he IS going to commit to Meatchicken, or at least the CUMeyes think he is.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ne weed this guy! :lol:
:bandit:

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You can't get arrested for that amount of marijuana in Ohio. It is a ticket.

Its a misdemeanor, instead of taking him to jail he was issued a notice to appear so I guess he gets a 2nd unofficial visit back to Columbus

"Four-star wide receiver James Robinson was issued a citation last weekend by Columbus police while on an official visit to Ohio State and charged with one count of possession of marijuana, according to Franklin County Municipal Court records.

Robinson, a 6-foot-4, 207-pound wideout from Lakeland, Florida, was found in possession at an off-campus apartment on the night of Jan. 21. He returned to Florida the next day, but is scheduled to appear in court for arraignment on March 1.

A minor misdemeanor, possession of less than 100 grams of marijuana carries a maximum fine of $150. "

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I said it's a ticket. Do you really think you are going to school me on this? You can't get arrested for that in Ohio, thus the report is (purposefully) wrong. I guess the CUMeyes didn't like him not committing to him.

He isn't going back to Ohio. He paid the ticket.

Last edited:

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I said it's a ticket. Do you really think you are going to school me on this? You can't get arrested for that in Ohio, thus the report is (purposefully) wrong.

Oh yea.....so where did he get the $150 from?:box: :owned:

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
I said it's a ticket. Do you really think you are going to school me on this? You can't get arrested for that in Ohio, thus the report is (purposefully) wrong.

Can you shed any light on the record? ... it does show an arraignment on March 1, but admittedly I don't entirely know what I'm looking at here.

http://www.fcmcclerk.com/case/view

Search James Robinson DOB 12/14/97

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You have the right to contest a ticket. He wasn't arrested.

What are you not understanding?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Nord planted it on him. The only way we have a chance at recruits is to get other teams to drop them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nord planted it on him. The only way we have a chance at recruits is to get other teams to drop them.
Can you imagine Nord trying to buy weed in some alley?

They'd be freaked out by him, no doubt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe or maybe not on the background check for most people. Obviously this one will show when googled even.

When they aren't arrested, and this isn't an arrestable offense, they aren't "booked" through the federal system (NCIC III), so there usually isn't a record one can find when an investigator does a background check. Ohio does however a have a statewide system of tracking this though, through an attorney general's website, but people out of state would have some trouble finding it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.