WR recruit Robinson cited for possession on OSU visit - offer pulled

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
<<<<LATEST NEWS ALERT >>>>

The Robinson pot investigation is re-opened and expanded. It seems the Ohio CSI Lab found an usual
substance on the pot-shreads -- later analyzed to be peanut butter..??

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, Mac spoon fed him peds and then called the ncaa to drug test him and then when his dad wanted a promise, he told him to screw off. When will you quit your whining and crying about something that is long gone behind us? Will Grier screwed US and HIMSELF. Nobody else is to blame.
Look on the bright side, he hasn't started a Bert thread in like a year. :yes:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
According to local sports radio, we're not recruiting this guy anymore because of this incident. The administration told Mac he has to pull his offer, is this true?

ChompTown

G8R B8
Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2015
According to local sports radio, we're not recruiting this guy anymore because of this incident. The administration told Mac he has to pull his offer, is this true?

Heard the show as well, if this is true our admin is so weak...

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

God half the team has probably already failed a drug test for pot. This Stricklin is an idiot and is going to be a huge problem for us going forward. I guess he'll end up at one of our rivals and kick our a$$ for the next couple years.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Again our admin is trying to be Stanford. Hey FLORIDA if we were in Colorado where its legal would this be an issue? This guy has serious talent, and to not take him bc of weed when weve been sucking for so long on offense is a disgrace especially when you know half the team does it, and when our rivals teams players do it. I mean seriously we keep getting screwed by the admin not letting in guys we need. Two guys got cited on our team for marijuana this year, yet the admin didn't get rid of them or revoke their scholly, so why take one away from a kid that got caught for the same thing? Especially when our offense has been sucking.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Again our admin is trying to be Stanford. Hey FLORIDA if we were in Colorado where its legal would this be an issue? This guy has serious talent, and to not take him bc of weed when weve been sucking for so long on offense is a disgrace especially when you know half the team does it, and when our rivals teams players do it. I mean seriously we keep getting screwed by the admin not letting in guys we need. Two guys got cited on our team for marijuana this year, yet the admin didn't get rid of them or revoke their scholly, so why take one away from a kid that got caught for the same thing? Especially when our offense has been sucking.

It goes beyond that. The kid isn't even a student at UF yet. The incident happened in a different state, and he only received a citation (ticket), I don't believe it even goes on his record as a criminal prosecution because of the law in Ohio. Swonky would probably know more about that than I do. Bottom line is, UF is being ridiculous here. It's weed. In 2017 weed is now legal in more than half the states in the country in one way or another.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Megatron/dez bryant high profile recruit in Florida's backyard (speaking of Robinson).... they dont take him bc of weed. He goes juco then goes to FSU a year later and proceeds to catch a game winning catch over the cb we have who also smokes weed but never got caught

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Could it have something to do with cannabis being illegal under federal law, despite the state statutes?

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
God half the team has probably already failed a drug test for pot. This Stricklin is an idiot and is going to be a huge problem for us going forward. I guess he'll end up at one of our rivals and kick our a$$ for the next couple years.
I dont know if its stricklan's fault i think its more of the academic administration side whos creating this. I mean youre right, a lot of the players probably do it, but this guy gets his scholly revoked ahhahahahhahahah now thats some funny stuff.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Well then do we have to get rid of scarlett and thompson for the same thing?

Yeah really. I guess we're to only recruit players that never make a mistake, go to church on Sunday, and never have any impure thoughts. What complete BS this is, meanwhile our rivals our laughing their a$$es off at what a joke we've become.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
I grew up in the 60's and I know many respectable people who did crazy things in their teens and twenties. I only hope our administrators took the time to talk to the kid and consider that he may already be embarrassed enough, and, perhaps, maybe he salvaged himself and learned an important lesson. In today's culture, humiliating him further will only alienate other kids.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think this may signal to a rift between Mac and the administration. In the past he has said a couple different times that he needed the proper support from the administration, we're always getting outbid for assistant coaches, now they don't let this kid come for this minor offense. The writing may be on the wall for Mac, but if this is how the administration is going to act going forward, then I have no faith that we'll ever be elite again. SMH

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.