WTF coaching moments from the UT game?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There were several head scratchers for me (i.e. terrible, "I'm in over my head" coaching moments for our 'head coach in training'), I'll start:

- Clock management on the last drive w/ 2 timeouts....(which led to the game winning play...which should have never happened - I expected a 60 yard Eddy P FG attempt).

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
3rd and 19 for the Vols, what are 1 and 1a to cover in that situation? A draw or a screen. Yet somehow our coaches don't understand that.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
In all of my years watching football, I don't recall what I saw at the end of the game. Allowing the clock to go from 34 to 9 seconds while still having 2 timeouts blows my mind. Danielson was the same way.

Towards the end of the game we lined up in a jumbo formation on 1 st down. UT had 10 men in the box. Franks had just finished a solid drive. Instead of allowing him to keep the rhythm, you do that? Huh? Spread it out.

Shannon needs to e more aggressive. This d-line is not good enough to just rush 4 90% of the time.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Volts have 2nd and 10, gain 4 yards but are flagged for illegal forward motion. We decline the penalty and opt for 3rd and 6 vice 2nd and 15.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
There were several head scratchers for me (i.e. terrible, "I'm in over my head" coaching moments for our 'head coach in training'), I'll start:

- Clock management on the last drive w/ 2 timeouts....(which led to the game winning play...which should have never happened - I expected a 60 yard Eddy P FG attempt).

Mac claimed that he thought Franks got the 1st down on the scramble( honestly I thought at least a measurement would happen), but it's still inexcusable.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Only one man can dare out-stupid Jim MacElwain...........and that man is Butch Jones.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I was going to start a thread entitled Dumb and Dumber regarding the coaching, but I just got home from the game and I will get my thoughts together. Needless to say both Butters and Bytch Jones are laughable head coaches. BTW has Jones been fired yet? More to come! Oh and we still need a new head coach as well!!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac claimed that he thought Franks got the 1st down on the scramble( honestly I thought at least a measurement would happen), but it's still inexcusable.
Well, here the clue, if the refs blew the whistleto stop the clock then he got the first. If you call that TO, and a replay shows first down then youd get the TO back anyway with the time back on the clock. If not, well you needed the TO anyway.

We were lined up in a goaline heavy before. He was runnimg the clock out, dude.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Well, here the clue, if the refs blew the whistleto stop the clock then he got the first. If you call that TO, and a replay shows first down then youd get the TO back anyway with the time back on the clock. If not, well you needed the TO anyway.

We were lined up in a goaline heavy before. He was runnimg the clock out, dude.

Not defending him, just saying what his excuse was, dude

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Boys, Butch was even worse than Mac. First and goal 2 times and they don't run the guy that was killing us one time. Instead they pass with a kid that sucks in his third career start. The Voles should've never left any time on the clock to end the game, either. Mac sucks, is in waaaaay over his head but could you imagine watch a 5th year of Butch? If either coach was worth a f*ck, they would've blown the other team out.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Boys, Butch was even worse than Mac. First and goal 2 times and they don't run the guy that was killing us one time. Instead they pass with a kid that sucks in his third career start. The Voles should've never left any time on the clock to end the game, either. Mac sucks, is in waaaaay over his head but could you imagine watch a 5th year of Butch? If either coach was worth a f*ck, they would've blown the other team out.
Bytch and Butters...Battle Royale...only champions of Life truly survive

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb