WTF? Mac now selling his own branded BBQ sauce. Seriously.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Why do I get the feeling this is a yellowish, mustard based sauce?
giphy.gif

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
It has to be a joke right?? $2.08/ounce is more than a full bottle of Kraft or Sweet Baby Rays.

Since when has Mac had ivory colored teeth as in the ad?? False advertising....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's doing a tv commerial that's a spinoff of Tide's talking mustard stain, "andyet" with Mac's shirt-stain BBQ sauce, even the sound engineer couldn't clear up the statements enough to make sense.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
All jokes aside, I can see him selling bbq sauce more than coaching a football team.

With all his "down home", quirky, "aw shucks" shtick that he does he's better suited for the Food channel than the Sports channel.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How is it that the University and McElwain's don't understand what a bad idea it is to do this during the season after a really really bad loss. It seems like they have completely lost touch with the fan base.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Just when you thought things could not get any worse. We have a head coach who feels more at home in the kitchen than he does in the film room. Grab your ankles, Gator fans, and once again, thanks Jeremy for bringing yet another wannabe coach to Gainesville.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How is it that the University and McElwain's don't understand what a bad idea it is to do this during the season after a really really bad loss. It seems like they have completely lost touch with the fan base.

I'm sure that they have been planning this for months now, and while many of the fans expected a loss to Michigan, I doubt that he saw that coming. The timing of this is still poor, but there really isn't a good time for him to start advertising this stuff especially after that embarrassing loss. It was either now or wait another month in Oct when they play Vandy. I think Mac chose now so he can attempt to make some money while he still can.

I think this may be why he looked so defeated in his press conference earlier this week. He knows his side business (that he probably put a lot of money in) is a complete failure before it even began.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a chance for the fans to let their voice be heard and don't buy any of it

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Who thought this was a good idea? There's a real large disconnect between the athletic dept, the head coach and the fan base.

I'm sorry but this is just a bad bad idea. We've been prison raped by FSU, BAMA and Michigan in 3 of our last 4 games. And you want to sell your BBQ sauce after all that? SMH

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.