WTH? Who starts in the fall?

Who starts in the fall

• Total voters

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
WTH. Let's take the temperature of the board and see how accurate groupthink is. You may vote for two. Your votes are public.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I picked Franks just because it seems that's where things are headed. However, I would be delighted if Trask or Toney were able to show they are the man for the job.

Trask seems to be a better decision maker. Toney is explosive and a duel threat.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I voted FRANKS but there's only one person on the list with SEC game experience. Don't be surprised if LDR is once again behind center. Yeah I know.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I put Franks and LDR. I'd like Franks but I think it'll be LDR.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Don't care, just anybody but Del Rio.
The choices:

LDR - SEC game experience/not very good post-injury

Franks - big arm/interception-prone

Trask - better decision-making/2nd string for his HS team

Allen - multi HS championships/
0 college-level experience

Toney - dual threat/0 college-level experience

Given the above, I'm going with LDR and Trask.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I voted for LDR because there's no way, if he's able to stand without assistance, he won't be our starter in Dallas. No way.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
LDR will miss spring which will give one of the Fraski to emerge as the leader going in to fall. There's a good possibility that LDR doesn't fully recover or really has the will to recover. He has graduated and is smart enough to know he'll never play at the next level. His 2 3/4 healthy starts were unremarkable other than to note that he doesn't have the arm strength to make the throws demanded by the offense. Despite the fears of the conspiracy theorists I expect to see one of the Fraski under center.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
No way LDR starts lol cmon guys. Mac knows he can't put him out there after how pitiful he looked last year. Fanbase will eat Macs lunch when they play in the Swamp if we are 0-1 without LDR as QB.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If it's LDR, there better be some serious 2nd QB plays called during each game of the season. I mean we have got to figure out whether we have clip board scholly's or a developing stable of talent to wait their turn. Dead wood be gone. LDR is no longer my favorite, even before the injury, I did not see that dangerous stretch the field punishment we long for in an attack... SEC experience, can't argue there, but it isn't that much more. Go Gators!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No way LDR starts lol cmon guys. Mac knows he can't put him out there after how pitiful he looked last year. Fanbase will eat Macs lunch when they play in the Swamp if we are 0-1 without LDR as QB.
Oh yeah? Then explain Nord and Nuss smart guy.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
It would be great if whoever does the best job between now and the openning game. I would hope that would be the case anytime UF does not have an established QB.

This might not be case for a couple reasons both good and bad:

1. One bad reason would be if the job was promised to one particular candidate.

2. One I guess maybe neutral reason if a highly recruited QB and a less highly recruited QB a very close, you go with the highly recruited guy first so he does not transfer. If you with the highly recruited first you can try both if needed. If you go with the less highly recruited guy first, you might lose the other guy before you find out the less highly recruited guy does not have it.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Mac may go LDR based on having any experience. Fear of the fans having a meltdown is not a concern - the concern is who can get us a win.

Franks could start, if he's gotten enough of the plays down and can execute. Only the staff knows if this has happened.

Trask could start, in part to throw a scare into LDR and Franks to step up and be better - ie, you have to be better than Trask. I don't see Trask keeping the job.

No way Toney or Allen with 0 experience come in and start. Zero chance.

===============

I voted Trask, mainly to piss people off. However, I could realistically see it going like this: LDR starts against MICH, and if he's doing ok and we're close or up, Mac sticks with him. Score gets out of hand either way, he puts in Frask to get some live fire experience and uses the first L of the season as a teaching opportunity.

N. Colorado, and perhaps even TN-KY-VAN will be played with more than one QB. I see LDR getting starts if he hasn't imploded from the MICH game. But in each game he gets less and less time as Frask (perhaps both) get more and more playing time to try and determine which should take over midway thru the season. Unfortunately, Mac's tendency towards loyalty might hinder him in pulling the trigger to make the switch, but the first half of the season could very well be audition time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.