WTH? Who starts in the fall?

Who starts in the fall

• Total voters

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like the press conference was in regards to spring practice.

McElwain said the following players will be out for spring practice: quarterback Luke Del Rio (shoulder), offensive guard Antonio Riles (knee), defensive end Jordan Sherit (knee), wide receiver Freddie Swain (arm), linebacker David Reese (undisclosed) and safeties Jeawon Taylor (arm) and Quincy Lenton (arm).

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't see the context of the tweet. Is that what he's talking about?

Start at 6:50 mark starts about QBs but then you have to go to roughly the 11:00 to get the full context. LDR Is helping them prep for the O&B Game. He also said there's only a half inch difference between the two...but Kadarius is much shorter...zero laughs. None. Not one chuckle. Awkward.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Here's Kyle Trask throwing against the 4th string defense (*cough*) consisting of Teez Tabor, Duke Dawson, and Marcus Maye (playing safety) in the secondary. Yeah, it's only the Spring game.. yeah, he didn't throw picks like Franks did.. yeah, it doesn't matter because 2-stars.. :whistle:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Start at 6:50 mark starts about QBs but then you have to go to roughly the 11:00 to get the full context. LDR Is helping them prep for the O&B Game. He also said there's only a half inch difference between the two...but Kadarius is much shorter...zero laughs. None. Not one chuckle. Awkward.

I'm not sure that it's JUST the O&B game. Sounds more like overall prepping. Which of course is what any coach should and would do.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think that statement means anything at all either way. The only way it does mean something is if this is outside the norm, the norm being that the upperclassmen helps the younger guys prepare to be a backup. We all know thats ridiculous, upperclassmen are supposed to help the younger guys to be the best they can be, that means prepare as if you're going to play.

This is literally #fakenews lol

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think that statement means anything at all either way. The only way it does mean something is if this is outside the norm, the norm being that the upperclassmen helps the younger guys prepare to be a backup. We all know thats ridiculous, upperclassmen are supposed to help the younger guys to be the best they can be, that means prepare as if you're going to play.

This is literally #fakenews lol
I for one am sick and tired of your LDR pumping. :shakehead:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Trask was a backup quarterback at Manvel High School in Texas, but was the more polished of the two when they competed last spring.

I fully expect Franks to emerge as the starter but if he does freeze under the lights I think Trask comes in and does well. This alone would make donkey dick go on a drinking binge.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In his presser yesterday he clearly said Kyle first when he named them both, so it's obvious he likes Trask better.:grin:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Trask was a backup quarterback at Manvel High School in Texas, but was the more polished of the two when they competed last spring.

I fully expect Franks to emerge as the starter but if he does freeze under the lights I think Trask comes in and does well. This alone would make donkey dick go on a drinking binge.
Sounds like you think he'd be starting a drinking binge . . .

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

In the context shown in the article (I haven't watched the press conference), he's talking about their readiness to be the QB and in particular their understanding [I assume of either the offense or how to be a leader] and respect from their team mates. I see him trying to give credit to LDR for helping them learn to be leaders and prepare for games by watching film. ...not that he's no going to help them prepare, but what he has done (and will continue to do) because of who he is (mature, serious-minded, leader, student of the game, etc.).

The tweet seems at best easy to misinterpret and at worst misleading. Here's the context in his article.

... The Florida Gators will enter spring football camp with a quarterback battle on their hands. What separates the two quarterbacks that will compete for the starting job?

“They’re close. They’re real close. There’s probably about a half-inch difference between them, I think,” McElwain joked. “I don’t know. Kadarius is smaller, though.”

McElwain will give early enrollee Kadarius Toney a chance to play quarterback this spring. Toney was told during his recruitment that he would have the opportunity to play quarterback and Florida is low on numbers, but this is truly a two-horse race.

This won’t be the first spring camp for Feleipe Franks and Kyle Trask; both enrolled early prior to last season and had the opportunity to go through a spring camp. In that spring game Trask completes 4-of-7 passes for 63 yards. Franks struggled. He threw three interceptions on 5-of-11 passing, but did connect with C’yontai Lewis for a touchdown. After the spring game the duo was destined for the sideline, calling in signals for Florida’s starting quarterbacks.

“Their understanding and really the respect of the team piece as far as how they go about their business has been great,” McElwain said of the two quarterbacks. “Not to be overshadowed there is Luke’s involvement in helping them prepare to be a starter.”​

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I for one am sick and tired of your LDR pumping. :shakehead:
LOL. No pumping either way, just keeping it real. Mac's statement, much like most every statement he ever makes, means about as much as toilet paper. I'm not sure if theres another coach in the business that uses more words to consistently say nothing at all than Mac :lol:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well where figuring Mac is concerned, we must think backwards to conclude things. He insisted on "equal" shared time between Grier & Treon? Now how many "inches" apart were those 2 QBs? So we may be looking at a two-headed QB for the first 3 games?

1) If our "new" OL performs as well as other SEC OLs, Trask or Franks should be serviceable.
2) We might have Pro-style QB offense with a "dash" of Toney creating totally "odd" other play problems?
3) We had better have better S & C program over this summer, esp for newcomers out of H.S.

Data shows that the state of Texas by far produces the best-most "Pro-Style" QBs. Trask is from a Texas H.S. :D

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LOL. No pumping either way, just keeping it real. Mac's statement, much like most every statement he ever makes, means about as much as toilet paper. I'm not sure if theres another coach in the business that uses more words to consistently say nothing at all than Mac :lol:
Whatever, LDR pumper :pumper:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

So it's worth about as much as your life. Got it.

:loser:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Typical coach talk, say some words that really don't mean anything. Until we see results in a real game it will be difficult to tell anything. Let's hope the best QB wins.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Brandon "Poor Man's Treon" Harris? lulz.

At least Coach will be happy. He loved him some Brandon Harris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator