WVU spring game: Will Grier has the arm, experience to move WVU

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
A couple comments here...if you are stocked at QB...sure...you tell him to take a hike. I get it. We have players that can take your place. If not, guess what? You make it work. Yeah, you do. Don't give me some BS excuse. If you have the talent to spare then fine. If not, then you UNDERSTAND this guy is the only QB on your roster that is worth a crap. If you choose to let him go and you have no decent replacement...that's on you. I'm not even sure that if Grier stayed our offense would be much better. Nuss sucks out loud.

Zero sum game between Grier staying and Nuss as OC.

2018 is the year I hear!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Will Grier is better than any QB we have had at UF since Tebow. Sad that he got caught up in such a technical violation. Maybe he is a spoiled rich kid but he can still throw the ball.

Best Quarterback prospect since Cam Newton and Tim Tebow... no doubt.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A couple comments here...if you are stocked at QB...sure...you tell him to take a hike. I get it. We have players that can take your place. If not, guess what? You make it work. Yeah, you do. Don't give me some BS excuse. If you have the talent to spare then fine. If not, then you UNDERSTAND this guy is the only QB on your roster that is worth a crap. If you choose to let him go and you have no decent replacement...that's on you. I'm not even sure that if Grier stayed our offense would be much better. Nuss sucks out loud.

2018 is the year I hear!

TRex, Grier was still under scholarship when he left. He wasn't released from his scholarship. All we have is snippets from Grier without context of what was said before or after them, and the same with Butters. We don't know the truth, because neither side has told it. Just their version of the story, with only the pieces they want you to hear.

Also think even with Grier we are hovering around an offense ranked about 80, because Nuss is Nuss.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TRex, Grier was still under scholarship when he left. He wasn't released from his scholarship. All we have is snippets from Grier without context of what was said before or after them, and the same with Butters. We don't know the truth, because neither side has told it. Just their version of the story, with only the pieces they want you to hear.

Also think even with Grier we are hovering around an offense ranked about 80, because Nuss is Nuss.

My point is I don't believe a word propaganda2222 says. Mac thought he had 6 years(like CSU) to produce results. Oops. The natives are restless...why? I wonder.

Again, you hear people yell all the time..."oh you want to fire Mac...who you gonna replace him with..." Tell me you don't hear that all the time. How is that not the same freaking thing?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There were a lot of posts here saying LDR was better than even Grier in practice prior to last season. I guess we may see who is better this year looking at team results. Grier having a bunch of yards is guaranteed there so results is what matters.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

2018 is the year I hear!
F VCKING THIS X 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. I'M done but if this McNeuheisel wannabe fails this will be the first reason on the list...Number 2 will be the inability to hire qualified coaches tied with a slack ass mentality toward recruiting the most FERTILE RECRUITING grounds in the entire CFB world....Some of you jackasses laughed when I told you Bert was a better coach and that was proven on the field....Shame someone without a clue but plenty of agenda runs this prolific program further into the ground.....Enjoy.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
My point is I don't believe a word propaganda2222 says. Mac thought he had 6 years(like CSU) to produce results. Oops. The natives are restless...why? I wonder.

Again, you hear people yell all the time..."oh you want to fire Mac...who you gonna replace him with..." Tell me you don't hear that all the time. How is that not the same freaking thing?

Yes you hear that from me. I was well trained not to go to my boss with a problem without a reasonable solution. I have heard some potential solutions. I heard Freeze at one time which was a very long shot and it might have turned out badly. I have not seen an option that I think is superior, perhaps I am stupid.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes UF should have an explosive offense, but we are starting this season with an unseasoned QB.
He's a total rookie. But I think he will get better really quick. His teammates know what a rookie he is and they will throw themselves into helping him out - 'cause now they've got a QB that can fire it.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
His teammates know what a rookie he is and they will throw themselves into helping him out - 'cause now they've got a QB that can fire it.

Dangit rog, you dun gone and dun it again. That is something I'll bet a lot of these folks haven't really considered. I like where your head is here.

goodone.gif

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt Grier was the most talented we've had since TT. Who knows what the real story is. Just my .02, but I think deep down that WG and Daddy wanted a guarantee from Mac that he'd be the starter. Too much Drama with Chad. If so, you're asking a HC to give you a promise that you'll be the starting QB after you've just popped positive for PEDs? The Grier's aren't too smart. If WG would have just done the time for doing the crime he'd been the starter last season midway and the rest would have been up to Nuss inept play calling and how Grier would have gotten through it.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't actually read this garbage, but I was curious to see what his stats were in the game. I didn't see any stats, so I am guessing the game didn't happen yet.

Did someone really start a thread on a god damned fluff piece for West Virginia?

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Yes UF should have an explosive offense, but we are starting this season with an unseasoned QB.
He's a total rookie. But I think he will get better really quick. His teammates know what a rookie he is and they will throw themselves into helping him out - 'cause now they've got a QB that can fire it.

Isn't Franks situation the same as Grier's was when he was starting for the Gators? We'll see how Franks does.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't actually read this garbage, but I was curious to see what his stats were in the game. I didn't see any stats, so I am guessing the game didn't happen yet.

Did someone really start a thread on a god damned fluff piece for West Virginia?
Indeed it has not happened yet.
Game to be played April 15th at 1pm.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

2222 is a pumper of the extreme sense. I don't have a problem with asking who you are going to replace him with, and last years market (in my opinion) was pretty dry. He gets 3 years, and if he $hits the bed (which I expect) we will truly see what we have in our New AD. I have been consistent from the beginning, he gets 3 years. This year is year three, with 60% of his roster being players he has recruited.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
2222 is a pumper of the extreme sense. I don't have a problem with asking who you are going to replace him with, and last years market (in my opinion) was pretty dry. He gets 3 years, and if he $hits the bed (which I expect) we will truly see what we have in our New AD. I have been consistent from the beginning, he gets 3 years. This year is year three, with 60% of his roster being players he has recruited.

There's quite a few on this list I'd have taken....and they won't be available next year or the year after (if we're having a job search) due to the way contracts are written these days (unless we want to pay a $10+ million buyout, plus McElwain's buyout - if he's let go):

New head coaches.png
New head coaches 2.png

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's quite a few on this list I'd have taken....and they won't be available next year or the year after (if we're having a job search) due to the way contracts are written these days (unless we want to pay a $10+ million buyout, plus McElwain's buyout - if he's let go):

I like a few on this list, but I don't know if any of them were UF ready... similar to neither Muschamp or McElwain (from what we have seen so far) being ready for the big time. There is a difference in being a P5 coach, and a top 5-10 NCAA program coach. Even through we are down, the organization as a whole is a still a top 5 program. When led by proper coaching and administration, we are better than 99% of the NCAA programs out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator