WVU spring game: Will Grier has the arm, experience to move WVU

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Based on Stricklands comments, I'd be surprised if Mac doesn't get at least 5 years. Im serious too.
Strickland isnt Fooley. Fooley had many influential backers who kept Fooley in power for a decade past his sell by date.

Strickland has nothing. I wont be surprised to see him removed if he drags his feet.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Damn, being off the juice and strictly on the caine is not a good look on Will.

It's hard to see the actual difference in full uniform, but I think it's noticeable in the lower body. He's always had a sturdy lower build, which helps in the pocket and on the run.

I also think there's no debating which version of Will Grier looks better.

New+Mexico+State+v+Florida+kM3gxKOugizl.jpg

I honestly think this kid has a special career ahead of him. I've never seen an athlete with the kind of pocket awareness he has, like a sixth sense. I wish it was going to be here, but it won't. Hearing about his successes in Morgantown while we struggle at the position down here (assuming that's the case) could be extra challenging, but we have to find a way to move on.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Based on Stricklands comments, I'd be surprised if Mac doesn't get at least 5 years. Im serious too.

More than likely. I definitely feel like he is guaranteed 4 years. Some fans on here don't like hearing this, but Stricklin was hand picked by Foley and I'm sure he'll be very patient with like Foley was. Hopefully Mac can prove a lot of us wrong, but I'm doubtful.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm very sure he'll get a fourth season unless we completely bomb this year, but if it becomes obvious the program is stuck in third gear next year, the noise in the system will reach intolerable levels, esp from influential boosters. Stricklin will be forced to listen.

At some point, there has to be certifiable evidence that the program is on the up, and it all begins with beating your big rivals and winning games against ranked opponents. Say what you want about the overall record, but we've graded no better than C at the important stuff.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would agree with you if that picture was actually Grier........

Wait, you mean this isn't the Clint Trickett thread?
Seriously, I google Grier and they display his lookalike. I'm gonna sue.:headslap:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Yeah, by now we are fvkking experts. Remember when we used to be mad if our coaches took our top 3 talent and made us anything less than a top 10 offense? Remember when we were mad that Zook's first OC only knew bubble screens and couldnt score 40 points vs geographical schools?

Years of Daz, Chimp, and Butters N. Nuss sure have changed that. Now we think rising to the level of Vandy or Kintucky would be a solid improvement, and pumpers would no doubt, ZERO DOUBT, be hailing Butters N Nuss if we rose to 50th as some miracle coaching job.

Amazing what has been done to our program.

Perfect.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I'm very sure he'll get a fourth season unless we completely bomb this year, but if it becomes obvious the program is stuck in third gear next year, the noise in the system will reach intolerable levels, esp from influential boosters. Stricklin will be forced to listen.

At some point, there has to be certifiable evidence that the program is on the up, and it all begins with beating your big rivals and winning games against ranked opponents. Say what you want about the overall record, but we've graded no better than C at the important stuff.

The problem in the system can come from influential booster or inconsequential fans in great numbers not coming to cames even if they have tickets and not spending on concessions etc. But again for the 4 millionth time, like Muschamp the key is not just winning games not just beating rivals. Beating FSU one year 10-7 or winning an SEC title 14-13 would buy some time for McElwain, but does not solve the problem. The product on the field needs to return to being entertaining again.

The worst of all of this has been the timing of it. Foley got enough power to try to force UF to be UAL or UTn in the 1950s just when the concussion issue and associated rule changes made that style even harder to win with. Trying to run a program against the flow or rules changes in the sport and against the tradition of the program itself is just a fools game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The problem in the system can come from influential booster or inconsequential fans in great numbers not coming to cames even if they have tickets and not spending on concessions etc. But again for the 4 millionth time, like Muschamp the key is not just winning games not just beating rivals. Beating FSU one year 10-7 or winning an SEC title 14-13 would buy some time for McElwain, but does not solve the problem. The product on the field needs to return to being entertaining again.

The worst of all of this has been the timing of it. Foley got enough power to try to force UF to be UAL or UTn in the 1950s just when the concussion issue and associated rule changes made that style even harder to win with. Trying to run a program against the flow or rules changes in the sport and against the tradition of the program itself is just a fools game.

I don't think you can uncouple beating your rivals with providing an entertaining product. I didn't hear any complaints about entertainment in 2014 when Donovan's grinders were whittling their way to the Final Four. Winning erases all ills.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The certifiable certifiable Will Grier in new uniform. Looks about the same.

58e70e8c11359.image.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think you can uncouple beating your rivals with providing an entertaining product. I didn't hear any complaints about entertainment in 2014 when Donovan's grinders were whittling their way to the Final Four. Winning erases all ills.

2012 drove people crazy despite the wins but the one loss kept us from making the SECCG. Hard to believe with that crappy offense we were a ND loss to USC away from making the BCSCG that year.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
2012 drove people crazy despite the wins but the one loss kept us from making the SECCG. Hard to believe with that crappy offense we were a ND loss to USC away from making the BCSCG that year.

Yeah with Bama waiting for us. They'd beat us by double digits then too, just like they've been doing since 2009.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The certifiable certifiable Will Grier in new uniform. Looks about the same.

58e70e8c11359.image.jpg

Dang he has less tricep muscle than Trickett in that picture - he better get back on the juice.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dang he has less tricep muscle than Trickett in that picture - he better get back on the juice.

He'll need to do more than supplements if he wants to put on real, sustainable muscle mass. He needs to be in the gym regularly. That upper body tells me he hits it sparingly.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He'll need to do more than supplements if he wants to put on real, sustainable muscle mass. He needs to be in the gym regularly. That upper body tells me he hits it sparingly.

He looks like he hasn't lifted at all since he left here. Looks way too skinny imo.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He looks like he hasn't lifted at all since he left here. Looks way too skinny imo.

I wonder how he will hold up as they say its usually better to have some bulk to take all those hits but you do see some wiry built QBs that never seem to get hurt much.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully Clint Trickett hooked Grier up with a nice connection for quality blow in Morganhole.

He is either one and done or a half and done, I've heard.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Defense definitely didn't prevail with a 44-21 score :lol:
Well, I only see THREE TDs (2 running 1 passing) on those stats. So maybe the 44 points come from some other scheme? 3 points for a 3 and out, 2 points for a punt or whatever.

There sure as hell weren't that many TDs scored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.