WWE's Vince McMahon announces new XFL; Tebow already mentioned

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
"Gimmick free" XFL is impossible considering the very existence of the league IS a gimmick. :lol:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why? Does the NFL have a patent on pro football?
Considering they're about to be on year #100, yes. People will turn out for the first week or so and stop caring if all it is is a watered down version of the NFL. I saw he wants games to be 2 hours. You can't get a high school game with 12 minute quarters, no commercials, and a 15 minute halftime done in 2 hours. :lol2:

I'm sure he'll draw a crowd the first week or so, but substandard football is substandard football. You don't see crowds heading out to Minor League Baseball games without gimmicks, do you?

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The best players will still go to bammer. McMahon has a lot of cash, but I doubt he can afford to get in a bidding war with Saban. And if criminal records are gonna matter, then scUM, the semenholes, and tennersee will be just fine, too.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This has disaster written all over it. NFL ratings are decline for multiple reasons.

Why would anyone watch this garbage or attend?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
McMahon was asked by reporters specifically about Manziel, Colin Kaepernick and Tim Tebow playing in the XFL. While Kaepernick does not have a criminal record, he started the NFL movement to protest during the national anthem, which would not be allowed in McMahon's league. McMahon answered the question and only specifically referenced Tebow.

"You want someone who does not have any criminality associated whatsoever with them. Even if you have a DUI you will not play in the XFL," McMahon told reporters. "So that will probably eliminate some of them. Not all of them. If Tim Tebow wants to play, he can very well play."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22213241/vince-mcmahon-gimmick-free-xfl-return-2020
First
@JManziel2: #XFL2020 @VinceMcMahon

Then
@JManziel2: Oh man. I’m not eligible for the XFL?? Looks like I’ve gotta go to my back up plan and apply at @barstoolsports @stoolpresidente

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Considering they're about to be on year #100, yes. People will turn out for the first week or so and stop caring if all it is is a watered down version of the NFL. I saw he wants games to be 2 hours. You can't get a high school game with 12 minute quarters, no commercials, and a 15 minute halftime done in 2 hours. :lol2:

I'm sure he'll draw a crowd the first week or so, but substandard football is substandard football. You don't see crowds heading out to Minor League Baseball games without gimmicks, do you?
You’ve sold me. This is a great idea.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
“A shorter, faster-paced, family-friendly, and easier to understand” style of football. Definitely sounds like he’s trying to reach the demographic we all know he’s after. :lmao2:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I work in academia. The majority of these "modern" brats want a safe place, degree pretty much handed to them and a free ride in life. A truly overall sorry generation.

Maybe a great opportunity for those about to face the parole board.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Orlando has a team and Tebow is their QB, we WILL DEFINITELY be there to watch the games...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt they ever even play a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members