Xanax sales spike in Columbus as OSU loses. Player mutiny?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
This doesn't really help us. This just adds one more one loss team to the mix that the committee has to choose from. Like I posted in another thread a few minutes ago, the best case scenario for us was for ND to lose one more game and for Clemsn, the Big 10 champ (either Iowa or Ohio State) and OK State to all win out. If that happens, we have the best resume of the very few one loss teams that would still remain and we would be in the playoff as at a minimum the 4th ranked team.
Completely disagree. Ohio St is below us now. We have a better resume and they have to hope Mich St loses next week or they are completely out of it. Oklahoma St loses then no way will a 1 loss no conference championship team will go ahead of us. At the moment yes. But if we beat FSU and Alabama 0% chance we don't go.

Out of Michigan St, Ohio St, and Iowa...only 1 can go

Out of Oklahoma St, Oklahoma, Baylor, TCU....only 1 can go, only OkST can be ahead of us if undefeated

Clemson only goes if undefeated

ND only goes if they go ahead of Big 1w

Only us or Alabama can go from the SEC

Out of all these teams, Florida has the 2 toughest games left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Completely disagree. Ohio St is below us now. We have a better resume and they have to hope Mich St loses next week or they are completely out of it. Oklahoma St loses then no way will a 1 loss no conference championship team will go ahead of us. At the moment yes. But if we beat FSU and Alabama 0% chance we don't go.

Out of Oklahoma St, Oklahoma, Baylor, TCU....only 1 can go, only OkST can be ahead of us if undefeated

Clemson only goes if undefeated

ND only goes if they go ahead of Big 1w

Only us or Alabama can go from the SEC

Out of all these teams, Florida has the 2 toughest games left.

I had half a thought to reply with this exact retort, but really. The guy still thinks we got a shot!, lmao

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Completely disagree. Ohio St is below us now.

Maybe OSU is behind us now, then again, maybe not. Regardless, Michigan State is now above us, so the net gain for us, ASSUMING OSU falls behind us, is ZERO. This loss does nothing for us, absolutely nothing. The key for us has been, and will continue to be, Notre Dame. We haven't gained any style points the past several weeks and with LSU continuing to drop games, our "good" loss is getting weaker by the second. The last thing we need is several one loss teams laying claim to the 4th spot. The cleanest thing for us was what I mentioned. That way, you wouldn't have any other one loss teams with anywhere near our resume. Oklahoma, Baylor, Michigan State, ND, Stanford Michigan, Utah, etc. would all be two loss (or more) teams with no conference title to their credit.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe OSU is behind us now, then again, maybe not. Regardless, Michigan State is now above us, so the net gain for us, ASSUMING OSU falls behind us, is ZERO. This loss does nothing for us, absolutely nothing. The key for us has been, and will continue to be, Notre Dame. We haven't gained any style points the past several weeks and with LSU continuing to drop games, our "good" loss is getting weaker by the second. The last thing we need is several one loss teams laying claim to the 4th spot. The cleanest thing for us was what I mentioned. That way, you wouldn't have any other one loss teams with anywhere near our resume. Oklahoma, Baylor, Michigan State, ND, Stanford Michigan, Utah, etc. would all be two loss (or more) teams with no conference title to their credit.

Considering your fall from Grace against lowly Florida Atlantic AT THE SWAMP you have about the same odds of going to the NC Playoffs as Tiger Woods winning the Masters.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
ND doesn't play a championship game and they dont win their conferece...that puts them below us if we win out. Big 12 winner will be behind us unless they are undefeated. 2 teams are not going from any conference this year unless everyone loses 2 games. Not playing in a conference and not playing a conference championship will hurt the teams above us, the others will have to lose for another to win. Again, beating FSU and Bama to win the SEC will be better than any other team can claim

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
ND doesn't play a championship game and they dont win their conferece...that puts them below us if we win out. Big 12 winner will be behind us unless they are undefeated. 2 teams are not going from any conference this year unless everyone loses 2 games. Not playing in a conference and not playing a conference championship will hurt the teams above us, the others will have to lose for another to win. Again, beating FSU and Bama to win the SEC will be better than any other team can claim

Don't be so confident about ND getting left out as a one loss team. They get the benefit of the doubt anytime they are remotely close. I don't see this year being any different. Regarding the Big12, that doesn't really tie in with today's loss by Big 10 Ohio State. If you have a different team that would get the nod ahead of us IF Notre Dame loses IF we win out and IF Clemson, OK State and Iowa all win out, let us know who that team is. I'm all ears. As it stands, my scenario knocks out most, if not all, the current one loss teams that could be a threat to us. It's the cleanest route. Now, it assumes ND loses which may not happen. Because of that, we really want TCU to knock off Oklahoma tonight. That would help us out tremendously.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Quarterback Cardale Jones also suggested on Twitter that he would be leaving Ohio State at the end of the year. He posted a photo of himself walking into the stadium and said, "Last time walking down them steps and into The Shoe, wish the results were different tho."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The wheels could fall off this bus quickly.

Sounds like the circle of trust is failing again.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This doesn't really help us. This just adds one more one loss team to the mix that the committee has to choose from. Like I posted in another thread a few minutes ago, the best case scenario for us was for ND to lose one more game and for Clemsn, the Big 10 champ (either Iowa or Ohio State) and OK State to all win out. If that happens, we have the best resume of the very few one loss teams that would still remain and we would be in the playoff as at a minimum the 4th ranked team.

Before we start worrying about how other team's losses affect our chances, we should be worried about finding a QB and a kicker in the next two weeks.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Before we start worrying about how other team's losses affect our chances, we should be worried about finding a QB and a kicker in the next two weeks.

That disclaimer has been well documented...and there's no reason we can't do both anyway.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, this will get very interesting. If Harbaugh beats the Bucknuts......this could get real.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
347b5f7.jpg
[/IMG]

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Top 1% of 1% indeed. When does Kelly leave ND so Urban can heal himself again and take his third dream job?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Give me one good reason why we shouldn't be ranked ahead of OSU when the polls come out tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator