Xanax sales spike in Columbus as OSU loses. Player mutiny?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree Ox but you have to admit that there seems to be a lot of drama regarding the players under Urban. There is no doubt he gets results on the field. But does whatever he's doing kill a program in the long term? Dysfunction seems to follow in the man's wake.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One hell of a lot of programs wish they had OSU's problems.
Did you even read the player comments?

Ever seen that happen to Saban? Why has it happened to your boy twice now?

It's going to be fun to watch, this time.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I agree Ox but you have to admit that there seems to be a lot of drama regarding the players under Urban. There is no doubt he gets results on the field. But does whatever he's doing kill a program in the long term? Dysfunction seems to follow in the man's wake.
There's some definite truth to that. But championships also seem to follow in the man's wake, something even his biggest haters have to admit.

Do I think he's going anywhere? Hell no. That place isn't like Florida, where he felt out of place. He's home, and even with a dysfunctional team he can win 10 games a year.

And even if he does leave, he'll probably just head to the next stop and win a title for someone else. I'm not sure if there's ever been a coach quite like that guy. Who knows, it's possible that his style just lends itself to burn-out over the course of 5 years, and he can't stay anywhere long-term.

Contrary to the popular belief that I'm a huge fan and pull for him, blahblahblah, the ONLY reason I defend him at all is because of the enormous success he brought our Gators. I don't care how he left, you can't take that away from him and I don't think he deserves the vile hatred. Obviously some people disagree with me on that. I don't wish for OSU to be successful. Never have, never will.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Did you even read the player comments?

Ever seen that happen to Saban? Why has it happened to your boy twice now?

It's going to be fun to watch, this time.

I was thinking the same thing Law. I think Saban keeps a tighter reign on the program and how it goes with the players. How else can you explain the strength year in and out Bama. Way totally different philosophies with those two coaches. Saban is more of a disciplinarian, Meyer, perhaps not.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I was thinking the same thing Law. I think Saban keeps a tighter reign on the program and how it goes with the players. How else can you explain the strength year in and out Bama. Way totally different philosophies with those two coaches. Saban is more of a disciplinarian, Meyer, perhaps not.
no doubt urban can win... Saban can sustain a program...

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I think the difference is that nobody is bigger than "the program" in Saban's regime. You can interchange "Saban" with "the program" but whatever the case is, there's no tiered system of preferential treatment or inner circles of trust. Saban is at the top of the pyramid in his program, and everybody knows that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Couldn't happen to nicer group of people from Urban on down.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Urbs is a great recruiter and a great coach. He is a trainwreck at managing a program. He has no idea how to maintain any semblance of discipline within the ranks.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Shelly left the game early to clean house and make a path for the EMT stretcher
come bedtime.

S

Swamp Life

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't know why people are counting us out of the playoffs. We beat FSU and Alabama, we are in, no questions asked. Now...actually doing those two things...ehhh....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Leyer was on the radio today saying his dumbass players are correct.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It's not out of control until Elliot smacks Urbs on the ass on the sidelines.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's easy to see the future here.

ambulance-in-the-snow.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.