Xanax sales spike in Columbus as OSU loses. Player mutiny?

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He'll leave only when his dream job comes open.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
There's some definite truth to that. But championships also seem to follow in the man's wake, something even his biggest haters have to admit.

Do I think he's going anywhere? Hell no. That place isn't like Florida, where he felt out of place. He's home, and even with a dysfunctional team he can win 10 games a year.

And even if he does leave, he'll probably just head to the next stop and win a title for someone else. I'm not sure if there's ever been a coach quite like that guy. Who knows, it's possible that his style just lends itself to burn-out over the course of 5 years, and he can't stay anywhere long-term.

Contrary to the popular belief that I'm a huge fan and pull for him, blahblahblah, the ONLY reason I defend him at all is because of the enormous success he brought our Gators. I don't care how he left, you can't take that away from him and I don't think he deserves the vile hatred. Obviously some people disagree with me on that. I don't wish for OSU to be successful. Never have, never will.
'
He is an anomaly. Players want to play for him. He gets great talent and gets them to play well and hard. But then something happens.......too soon to say its over at OSU but it is interesting. Like Ox I understand his impact at Fla.......He was a hired gun and more than earned his check. Cannot hate him but I dont pull for him to succeed, Maybe to meet us in title game and beat his assss. But that mofo can coach a bowl or title game. He understands that time frame.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Urbs will be a non-factor next season....road games:

at Sooner Schooner
at Whisky
at Pedophile State
at Sparty

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer is also the master at getting his team ready for big games, especially rivalry games. Personally I think they're going to beat the **** out of Michigan this week.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The schedule didn't prepare them well for this kind of back-to-back intensity.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I suppose you were one of the people that just KNEW Bama was going to blow out OSU last year. Whoops.
I'll admit I thought Bama would win, never thought it would be a blow out. Still I don't recall a player mutiny happening the week before the game either.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'll admit I thought Bama would win, never thought it would be a blow out. Still I don't recall a player mutiny happening the week before the game either.
Hell, that one asshat already apologized for his outburst. This "mutiny" will probably bring a team that hasn't played well all year together. I think they are going to be particularly motivated.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
If I were Meyer I would just hand off to Ezekiel every play until time ran out or they had to take him out on a stretcher, whichever first. He wants to tote more of the rock, give him the rock.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
This whole thing is funny to me. OSU won the NC last year, and had won 23 freaking straight games. They finally lose a game to a good team by No, a lot of programs ew a FG and the whole thing comes crashing down? :crazy:

One hell of a lot of programs wish they had OSU's problems.
. They don't want osu's problems, just their players.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, that one asshat already apologized for his outburst. This "mutiny" will probably bring a team that hasn't played well all year together. I think they are going to be particularly motivated.
Actually he didn't. Ezekiel whatever said he apologized for how he said it, not what he said. Then Leyer agreed that Ezekiel was right. I heard it with my own damn ears.

Leyer is at his best when he's the underdog. When he comes out after running his shiiitty offense all year and lets Chris Leak or Cardale Jones throw for 300 yards. I have trouble thinking Meatchicken has enough horses yet to compete but we will see.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You guys were right. OSU looked awful. It's clear Harbaugh has his number and it's all over for Urban.

:ugh:

It was a joke to think Harbaugh could compete.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I suppose you were one of the people that just KNEW Bama was going to blow out OSU last year. Whoops.
Well, at least your team won this week, Ox. Of course, they will sit at home like the Rejects out West and watch the championship games on tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.