Yah.... but......thread

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It is the point. It's over the top to say we won back the state of FL. No one outside of our own mouthpieces is saying anything close to that. NOt to mention FSU signed the top DT from Texas and the number two RB in the country. Both 5 stars and out of state kids. We used to do that long ago.

Hate the poster not the truth.

I said state of Florida. Not Texas. Who said anything about out-of-state kids? Just keep changing the information.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's going to take a lot for Mac to win me back. Getting an average UF class isn';t going to do it. That should be the bare minimum. WHy should I lower my bar? ANd even if I did lower it...UGA, Bama and FSU all did way better than us. SO how happy are you? Has Mac proven he can beat teams with more talent in your eyes?

I have never been one to expect to win championships every year. I can ride the ups and downs and still maintain a healthy life. I have no reason to be upset, because I'm happy a bunch of kids chose to be Gators today. Most of them have a good chance to be pretty darn good too from what I can tell from their film and current sizes. I don't see these kids as my lifeblood. I see them as kids, looking at an opportunity to become something great. I honestly believe that's exactly what coach Mac wants for these kids too. I don't know if he's going to be able to make them great, or make us great again (UF Football), but I sure am excited to find out!

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
chicken_little-e1367965640158.png

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, just when I've about had it with Mac and ready to jettison his a$$, he does something that gives me some pause. If he nails down the coach replacements, I'm back on the wait, watch and cheer band wagon... just saying, today was a good day for the Gators considering the was and the now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, just when I've about had it with Mac and ready to jettison his a$$, he does something that gives me some pause. If he nails down the coach replacements, I'm back on the wait, watch and cheer band wagon... just saying, today was a good day for the Gators considering the was and the now.
He is bringing back Nusschamp and Nord.

As much as I try to like him, I can't forgive him for doing that to my school. Plus, we now know that even if they are fired after another disastrous performance by the offense and STs, Butters will prefer to wait til March to replace them (assuming Butters himself isn't fired).

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He is bringing back Nusschamp and Nord.

As much as I try to like him, I can't forgive him for doing that to my school. Plus, we now know that even if they are fired after another disastrous performance by the offense and STs, Butters will prefer to wait til March to replace them (assuming Butters himself isn't fired).

Concur to an extent, part of my "nail down coach replacements" is a wishful 'anybody seen Nord around lately' :grin: But really glad we got some potential players this cycle and in the top 10 conversation, proximity anyway. We knew the body count stays thin but maybe the boat is stabilizing... maybe the Gator drunk finally is climbing out of this gutter of no identity. Idk just happy to see some quality new Gators wanting to join the dream :yes:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We beat Miami and Florida State by bringing in more players in the top 50 and top 100 in the state. When is the last time we did that? Four years ago? Five years ago?

And don't give me that crap about IMG players.
You don't want to hear about IMG? Why? Every other team recruits there just fine.

Taking back the state means not taking a back seat to Trailerbammer, CUMeyes, Clemson, Meatchicken, for the top players in our own damn state. That has never happened in Florida, even before probation.

You know this is near and dear to my heart. I pretty consistently say screw the higher ranked out of state kids (especially Cali) and take the Florida kids. I have forever.

The leftovers were good enough to get us to #9, and 5th in the SEC. I guess if you guys are happy with being fifth in the SEC, then you are. I will tell you this, those kids at the top of the list, they will be leading their teams to championships.

Take back the state my azz.

1Alex Leatherwood OL Alabama

2 Josh Kaindoh DE Florida St.

3 Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama

4 Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M

5 Shaun Wade DB Ohio St.

6 Jordan Anthony LB Michigan

7 Dylan Moses LB Alabama

8 Trevon Grimes WR Ohio St.

9 D.J. Matthews WR Florida St.

10 Cesar Ruiz OL Michigan

11 Navaughn Donaldson OL Miami (FL)

12 Stanford Samuels DB Florida St.

13 Vandarius Cowan LB Alabama

14 Grant Delpit DB LSU

15 Cyrus Fagan DB Florida St.

16 Devan Barrett RB Auburn

17 Zachary Carter DE Florida

18 Ja'len Parks DT Florida St.

19 James Robinson WR Florida

20 Isaiah Pryor DB Ohio St.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I already hate myself for taking the bait and posting in this thread.

BUT.....

The non-pumper angst is really about the dismal product on the field against top-notch teams up to now. Perhaps, this recruiting class will change that...

BUT.....

Until that happens, pumpers can keep pumping all your top 10 recruiting excitement into the place where the sun don't shine.

I'll pump when we are consistently competitive, against ranked teams.
(SEC East, are you kidding me?).

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We were SUPPOSEDLY going to finished ranked 30th in recruiting but then the miracle happened and Mac got us up to 10th. That's a WIN for UF and Mac so now we are UNDEFEATED this year after DESTROYING Iowa and NSD 2017 much to the dismay of the HATERS and COMPLAINERS who are now OWNED and DESTROYED yet again. Do we know whats going to happen? No. Do we think we know whats going to happen? Maybe. Did you think we would make a HUGE jump in rankings?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. So that's a win. I'm a big time Gators fan so a win is a win baby dolls!! There is a hundred other schools that finished below us so I'm sure they would gladly switch. Is Mac the answer? Probably not. Is 10 wins enough?? It wasn't when SOS was coach. The coaches have to be better FOR SURE but we gotta hope things can get better. So far THIS YEAR 2017, things are looking up baby!! GO GATORS!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah finishing 10th does feel a lot like beating Iowa. Great analogy.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
By Mac improving the recruiting it at least quiets things down on that front. He must show a big improvement with the offense this season as he 100% owns it now.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Id Iike to start this post by saying congratulations to Mac for pulling things together at the end :clap:....... But I'm when you look at our rivals and how they cleaned up today you can't sit back and be satisfied. Am I happy we got into the top 10 absolutely but to know that our rivals were about to pick up a combined nine 5* players and a total of 27 player in the top 100 and we only pull 1 player in the top 100 that is so unacceptable it ain't funny.

FSU had 8 players ranked above our top commit, UGA had 7, LSU had 5 that's 20 players that ranked above our top commit that went to our rivals. We pulled 3 players that were top 10 at their position meanwhile our rivals UGA 11, FSU 12.

While I'm glad we got some decent players this cycles the recruiting has to step up in a big way cause our rivals are loading up on top talent while we continue to try and find diamonds in the rough.

Overall I'm pleased though for how it turned out compared to what it was a week ago.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have never been one to expect to win championships every year. I can ride the ups and downs and still maintain a healthy life. I have no reason to be upset, because I'm happy a bunch of kids chose to be Gators today. Most of them have a good chance to be pretty darn good too from what I can tell from their film and current sizes. I don't see these kids as my lifeblood. I see them as kids, looking at an opportunity to become something great. I honestly believe that's exactly what coach Mac wants for these kids too. I don't know if he's going to be able to make them great, or make us great again (UF Football), but I sure am excited to find out!
Id Iike to start this post by saying congratulations to Mac for pulling things together at the end :clap:....... But I'm when you look at our rivals and how they cleaned up today you can't sit back and be satisfied. Am I happy we got into the top 10 absolutely but to know that our rivals were about to pick up a combined nine 5* players and a total of 27 player in the top 100 and we only pull 1 player in the top 100 that is so unacceptable it ain't funny.

FSU had 8 players ranked above our top commit, UGA had 7, LSU had 5 that's 20 players that ranked above our top commit that went to our rivals. We pulled 3 players that were top 10 at their position meanwhile our rivals UGA 11, FSU 12.

While I'm glad we got some decent players this cycles the recruiting has to step up in a big way cause our rivals are loading up on top talent while we continue to try and find diamonds in the rough.

Overall I'm pleased though for how it turned out compared to what it was a week ago.

Nice post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.