Taron Vincent 5* - Baltimore
TJ Pledger 4* - West Hills CA
Houston Griffith 4* - Chicago
Brendan Radley-Hiles 4* - Las Vegas
Brian Hightower 4* - Calabasas CA

This past signing day Rivals 100, FSU 1, Michigan 2, TAM 1, LSU 1, Bama 1
2016 - LSU 2, Miss 1, Georgia 1, Clemson 1
2015 - FSU 1

I dont know that you can extrapolate anything with those numbers. If anything the variability is consistent with the hypothesis that these kids are coming from all over the country and IMG just happens to be in Florida. They are going to be interested in schools in the region that they are coming from.

They are going to be interested in schools in the region they are coming from, but you also can't deny that many of them do come from Florida. We can't treat IMG or those prospects like they don't exist. Remember... our top QB target for next year is playing at IMG now. We have had him in camp... it seems like at this point we have a very good chance if not the best chance for him. We have to be able to pull him and break down that barrier.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont know that you can extrapolate anything with those numbers. If anything the variability is consistent with the hypothesis that these kids are coming from all over the country and IMG just happens to be in Florida. They are going to be interested in schools in the region that they are coming from.
I extrapolate from those numbers that the assertion about it being a school which only FSU can recruit is inaccurate.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
Bammer? Huh? I have no clue what you are rambling about.

Happy to clarify...

From my time living in Alabama from 1986 - 1994, I recognize the pattern of your comments, actions and general demeanor since they are directly equivalent to the entire Bammer Nation's attitude from 1983 through 2008 when their world was completely out of whack because the Tide was not functioning in the manner to which they felt they were entitled. This includes, by the way, the period under Gene Stallings when they actually had an undefeated season on the way to a National Championship but he never got their full support because apparently he didn't follow up the 13-0 season with another one quickly enough.

So, if one whines like a Bammer, squawks like a Bammer, and lives in a self made fantasy world like a Bammer, well you can do the math. (or maybe not since you are now walking the Bammer path... :) )

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Happy to clarify...

From my time living in Alabama from 1986 - 1994, I recognize the pattern of your comments, actions and general demeanor since they are directly equivalent to the entire Bammer Nation's attitude from 1983 through 2008 when their world was completely out of whack because the Tide was not functioning in the manner to which they felt they were entitled. This includes, by the way, the period under Gene Stallings when they actually had an undefeated season on the way to a National Championship but he never got their full support because apparently he didn't follow up the 13-0 season with another one quickly enough.

So, if one whines like a Bammer, squawks like a Bammer, and lives in a self made fantasy world like a Bammer, well you can do the math. (or maybe not since you are now walking the Bammer path... :) )
We obviously the "whining" didn't get UF, a coach like Bammer, maybe we need to turn it up a notch?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Happy to clarify...

You should seek help. Wow.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Depends on how much you value your soul...
If Saban was our coach and we were winning like Bammer not a single one of u choirboys would be wringing ur hands over ur soul, to say otherwise would be BS , and u know it

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He is bringing back Nusschamp and Nord.

As much as I try to like him, I can't forgive him for doing that to my school. Plus, we now know that even if they are fired after another disastrous performance by the offense and STs, Butters will prefer to wait til March to replace them (assuming Butters himself isn't fired).

Bringing NussNord back puts backs against the wall -- a fine time for a firing squad.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
And yet.... every other team can pull kids out of there.
The Noles don't consider us as just one of all the other teams. There's no question in my mind that Weinke feels that way too. These kinds of "arch-rivalries" mean somwthing to a lot of the players. Think SOS and Georgia. That's just my take on the situation.
And yet.... every other team can pull kids out of there.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I for one would prefer it if Mac doesn't win you back so maybe you and those like you would just go away. The level of negativity and angst that has been constantly spewed by you and those with similar perspectives has become tiresome at best and at at its worst it has gotten to the point of rivaling the sad state of GSMB to the point where it wasn't even worth trying to peruse the site.

I get that you and some others feel that you have some sort of entitlement to a program that is at the top of every list of accomplishments because that was where we were for a couple of glorious periods in our program's fairly recent history. For those of us who were Gator fans in the decades prior to 1990, however, many of us still have the perspective of what it was like prior to reaching those lofty heights so we can still appreciate what awesome achievements those were while also understanding that those heights are not guaranteed simply because of our status as a university or by the geographic advantages we enjoy by being located in a state that is a recruiting gold mine.

Ultimately, if one takes a balanced view of Coach Macs tenure so far, it is hard to really understand why there has been so much vitriol directed his way when:

a) he inherited a team decimated by injury, attrition and poor recruiting at key positions especially at OLine where he had too few lineman to even stage a solid Spring game.
b) he inherited a team with virtually no QB experience
c) he was able to pull together a recruiting class that netted our best offensive player (Calloway) and several really solid D players (as we discovered when he had to replace over half our starters on D this year) in spite of starting late and the situation he walked into
d) when 1st season play began, he was able to cultivate a redshirt QB that somehow Muschamp had yet to fully offend/ruin but that guy pulled a bonehead maneuver and got booted mid season
e) He had to survive all year with an OL so depleted that a transfer from Furman was our most important player due to his versatility in playing multiple positions and ability to remain unhurt
f) He still won the SEC East in spite of these challenges
g) he was able to pull together a better recruiting class in year 2 including an unprecedented 12 early enrollees the majority of which made significant contributions in the following season
h) he was able to win the East a second time despite massive injuries and an admittedly challenged stable of QBs with skills below the needed level to run his offense
i) he pulls in a top 10 recruiting class yr 3 which thankfully has quality personnel available to fill in at the areas of greatest need

If it was any other coach in any other school, I believe most rational people would be willing to give a guy with that track record the benefit of the doubt especially when they considered the uniquely difficult pattern of setbacks he's had to deal with during his relatively brief tenure. Not to say that there isn't still a great deal of room to improve, but given everything that has happened and Mac's ability to achieve some positive results in spite of those challenges, I think it is a much more reasonable approach to be cautiously optimistic than wildly and rabidly negative especially for those few like yourself who can't even accept an unambiguously positive outcome without finding some way to tarnish it so it can fit into your overall corrupted picture that overrides all aspects of your opinion of the program.

If it is really this unpleasant for you to be a Gator fan, perhaps it is time to find a new team to follow that will live up to your expectations so you can leave us poor deluded Gator fans behind to wallow in our delusions. In all honesty you and those like you would be much better Bammers anyway. After living in Alabama for multiple years, many of them during down years for Bama, I can honestly say that most of the so called "dumpers" on this forum have an attitude and outlook that is a way better fit with Bama anyway. Just remember, Bama wasn't always this good either and there was a realllllyyyyy long time period between the Bear and Saban in which their fan base was deluded to the point of being ridiculous. Bill Curry got run off after a string of 10+ win seasons because he couldn't beat Auburn and Gene Stallings got limited love even though he had an undefeated season with a national championship. So I'd suggest you make the switch soon so you can ride the remaining glory years out with Saban before they have to move on to the next poor SOB who has to follow that up. Clearly, though, you already have all the skills necessary for the post Saban era since you are clearly well versed in how to be both unsatisfied and severely disgruntled with anything that falls short of your unrealistic expectations. Heck, I think you've even got the stuff to make it as a regular caller to Finebaum's show! So, with that, I will close this response with the mantra that I hope will ultimately make you happier and more satisfied with your lot in life as a fan.... "Roll Tide, T-Rex!!!"
Excellent post! This x 1000.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I extrapolate from those numbers that the assertion about it being a school which only FSU can recruit is inaccurate.
I ddn't say anything close to that. Don't try to pull a t-rex on me. I know damn well that many other schools have gotten recruits out of there. I suspect there's been a lot of anti-Gator rhetoric and maybe anti-Gator culture at IMG for the last several years because of the person who's been running the show.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I honestly believe that if we can just get a functioning offense, the recruits will come. Florida sells itself. Kids will always want to come here. But this ineffective, blow your brains out offense going on 7 seasons now has turned players away. And I honestly can't blame them. Bring back the offense and we'll bring back the recruits. Go Gators.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly believe that if we can just get a functioning offense, the recruits will come. Florida sells itself. Kids will always want to come here. But this ineffective, blow your brains out offense going on 7 seasons now has turned players away. And I honestly can't blame them. Bring back the offense and we'll bring back the recruits. Go Gators.
We fired our previous coach and hired the current one to do just that. :waiting:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator