Yet another Trask thread

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I'll kick this can. Think the kid has huge upside.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/3-things-we-learned-from-florida-spring-practice

When Trask committed to the Gators last summer as a two-star recruit who was the backup quarterback at his high school, UF fans and media were scratching their heads at the decision. The 6-foot-5 gunslinger quickly showed in practice why he received a scholarship from Florida. Trask has a perfect throwing motion, his passes are beautiful and his accuracy is deadly. Now, it remains to be seen if he can develop into an SEC starter down the road. But there’s no doubting his pure passing ability and he showed it in the spring game, easily outperforming fellow true freshman and highly-touted recruit Feleipe Franks.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Good for us. At least in the future we know we will have a back up that can see over the line and throw a nice pass. I'm kinda glad Appleby will only be here for one year because it looks like this guy may have a better make up for our offensive system. Time will tell though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I remember when some of you were high on Christian Provancha and Jacob Guy. Errbody loves the clipboard holder.

Poland._Trash_002.JPG

Last edited:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I've never doubted his ability to throw a pretty ball. I question his arm strength. All his passes float a little and I've never seen much zip on them.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Never? Like never ever in his entire three possessions in the spring game never? Pull the scholly, make him walk home.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I've never doubted his ability to throw a pretty ball. I question his arm strength. All his passes float a little and I've never seen much zip on them.

Actually, his arm is probably the strongest on the team. He just recognizes that he doesn't need to throw it as hard as he can on every throw like Grier did and Franks does.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There is one thing for sure......Trask > Freon! If anything he had a great spring and played well in the Debut. We are far better off in the QB position than we have been in years. I don't think many are ready to anoint him yet. But, he does seem to have some going hmmmmmm. The Competition at QB is only going to make us better.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No reason to think that Trask will not have that upside. We've gone with bigger *'s in the past. Brantley, Driskel, so why not see what a 2* can do.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, his arm is probably the strongest on the team. He just recognizes that he doesn't need to throw it as hard as he can on every throw like Grier did and Franks does.
Based on the limited amount I've seen I would bet Franks has the strongest arm.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Based on the limited amount I've seen I would bet Franks has the strongest arm.
That may be true and it's surprising give his motion. I said it earlier, he can throw the ball 70 yards on a rope even with that odd motion. However, it also means nothing. Jordan Reed may have had the strongest arm of any Gator QB ever.

Accuracy is all that matters. Danny Wuerffel, on his way to 4 SEC champ rings and our first NC ring, showed a relatively weak arm, maybe the weakest among the 4 or 5 on our roster. Accuracy, reads and composure in the pocket are everything. I really love what I saw in the ST, yes, even what I saw out of Mr. Houston Baptist. However, anyone can be a hero and stand tall in the pocket while wearing a no contact jersey. Driskel did it every year.

I'm under no illusions that our backup QB transfers will be All SEC. However, to those who thought Applebee's clock was running too fast, let's see what you think after seeing our improving but still probably the weakest OL in the SEC looks against live action. I suspect you will be happy to see LDR and Applebee's clocks moving quickly.

I did really like the array of quick passes I saw. We will need that to force the D out of blitzing us.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I really love what I saw in the ST, yes, even what I saw out of Mr. Houston Baptist. However, anyone can be a hero and stand tall in the pocket while wearing a no contact jersey. Driskel did it every year.

Look at UGA's and USCe's spring games. Their true freshman looked all world. But we all know how they will look when the bullets start firing for real and teams play actual defense. It is a rare thing that a true freshman is productive as a starter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.