You can't use the word chatter at the Gville Sun

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
You know, why don't we mass spam threads with hotlinks to this site till theyban us? They can't block them all at once....and when we do get banned, just use a proxy and keep doing it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ox & us-all, GSMB/Gainesville Sun are treating us like a major competitor …
… like another newspaper = Welcome to the BigTime GatorChatter.com

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n64192 said:
You know, why don't we mass spam threads with hotlinks to this site till theyban us? They can't block them all at once....and when we do get banned, just use a proxy and keep doing it.
Naw, just leave it alone. I'm not worried about it.

When the board first re-opened I was actually sent a personal email from the Admin over there letting me know. Him and I had been in contact numerous times when I was a mod there. I replied with a suggestion that perhaps we could work together in some way, by sharing each other's content and sending traffic back and forth - a mutual benefit. I didn't hear anything back about that one. Instead, they've resorted to trying to keep any of their current members from knowing this board even exists. Silly.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
oxrageous;n64205 said:

When the board first re-opened I was actually sent a personal email from the Admin over there letting me know. Him and I had been in contact numerous times when I was a mod there. I replied with a suggestion that perhaps we could work together in some way, by sharing each other's content and sending traffic back and forth - a mutual benefit. I didn't hear anything back about that one. Instead, they've resorted to trying to keep any of their current members from knowing this board even exists. Silly.

That's why we should get the word out. I despise censorship of information in any form

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The word is out, whether or not we're censored on the GSMB. It's a very easy site to find on Google.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gee I tried the following and at least at first it got by their system: According to the Sun arrests are down, now if we could only as Gators Chat about wins rather than arrests that would be nice.

Remember you can Chat about Gators on the internet, check it out on Google.

PS having arrests down is nice but having wins up is essential to survival of Champ!!!!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n64214 said:
Originally posted by oxrageous View Post

That's why we should get the word out. I despise censorship of information in any form

I have passed the word through FB and other folks getting them to come over. As this site grows, and yes it will compared to GSMB, folks will wind up here. I think just having the GC.com banner flying around UF is a great idea as well.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does it censor the word chatter no matter how it's used? "There is a lot of internet chatter about Will Muschamp this week." Stuff like that?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n64239 said:
Does it censor the word chatter no matter how it's used? "There is a lot of internet chatter about Will Muschamp this week." Stuff like that?

Must be the "noise in the system".

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I spent some time posting in various threads hints to come here and get the opinions of informed posters. I bet management is still in bed so we will see what reaction my actions get later. I do post some over there but not that much and when I insisted on an explanation for their actions I got a polite offer of PM. A public explanation would have satisfied me, but avoiding the truth makes me annoyed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Since you mentioned it in the box, Doggle, try searching "ox" or "oxrageous" on GSMB. It wouldn't allow it when I tried (looking for the drunk Ox pic or the thing Mary posted).

I didn't try posting it. Maybe you are right that they are not banning that.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n65101 said:
I could go to GS and start trashing Gatorchatter. Like, "God I cant believe how crappy Gatorchatter is. Gatorchatter is the low rent version of GS." Also "Gatorchatter is not appropriate for children with all the avatars of big breasts" "Those guys at Gatorchatter are not real Gators. They keep on trashing Muschamp". Stuff like that. Would that work?
No, because the word "Gatorchatter" is censored out.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n65095 said:
I know a hacker who could take care of this. Everybody subscriber would know about Gatorchatter. Muwhaha.

i like this guy

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n64578 said:
There is some serious butthurt going on over there.

says the guy who still post there. Yea I went on there the other day to see who was cheating on us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator