You cried for Franks for months...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
well now you have a Franks led team. This is what it looks like. He's 20 times worse than Doug Johnson, but hey the fans wanted this, including over half this board.

I'm going to start saying LDR instead of Del Taco, because he wins that game yesterday. I know Mac sucks because he can't develop Franks, but SOS didn't exactly develop Sablehaus or Berlin who were top flight guys. Zaire was pursued because the coaches knew Franks sucked, but it was more of a hope and prayer because he sucks too.

I don't think that Franks will ever develop. He's lazy and has no real intangibles.

That's not to let Mac and Nuss off the hook. You know you have a one read sack of crap at QB, gameplay around it. If there's a play where we can pick up a great coach do it, but our best bet may be to keep Mac and hope this class gets built and stays together. I just don't see that homerun hire. Regardless changes have to be made in at least the assistant coach department. Maybe we should make a run at Brohm if he keeps this going at Purdue.

But again, Franks isn't the answer. He won't be. This is what the fans asked for, well you got it.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
You're ****ing retarded if you think Frank's lost this game or that it's all his fault.

This staff is the problem. LDR, Applepants, Zaire....

None would.have won the game

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He is limited, of course. We all knew that. But design plays around his strengths. Throw some deep balls to get LSU to back off, design more screens (preferably to Davis), slants, roll him out to cut the field in half..

This crap falls 100% on Mac & Nuss’ shoulders. You can say they haven’t been able to develop Franks (true) but who HAVE they developed? I’m not going to act like LDR would have definitely won us the game, I’ve seen enough of his play to know that is not a given by any stretch.

We could have easily won that game with better schemes and playcalls. Oh, and using Davis as our workhorse, not splitting carries with Perine. It’s obvious to anybody with a brain that 20 is head and shoulders above our other RBs.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
You're ****ing retarded if you think Frank's lost this game or that it's all his fault.
This staff is the problem. LDR, Applepants, Zaire.... None would.have won the game

Agree. Franks blew the last drive but MacTard blew the game, as usual. The team was not prepared for LSU and we were getting physically punked by high school kids on their line. If we had Cleveland, I think we win this game with some big plays in the pass game. Instead, we get Swain giving up a critical 4th qtr 1st down that he's already made. Coaching. We don't have much of it that's any good. The opponents seem to be one step ahead of us no matter what game. It's us who are always getting "surprised" by what they're doing and their D plays like it was in our huddle. Every game. We are lucky to have 3 wins right now cause we are 2 plays away from 1-4. Coaching.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Franks may not be the answer, but he's the only answer we have. Sure it's on MacNussy to coach him up. But in the same right the Dude has got to have it between the ears. Pretty sure that is a huge part of the problem.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

This staff is the problem. LDR, Applepants, Zaire....

None would.have won the game
Franks can't even check down. And I never said the Mac and Nuss didn't deserve blame, but if you don't think that LDR wins that game, you're wrong. But go ahead and tweet your support to Franks and tweet to Mac and Stricklin like a 14 y/o girl. Maybe you can snapbook them or instachat them too.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Franks can't even check down. And I never said the Mac and Nuss didn't deserve blame, but if you don't think that LDR wins that game, you're wrong. But go ahead and tweet your support to Franks and tweet to Mac and Stricklin like a 14 y/o girl. Maybe you can snapbook them or instachat them too.
Who really gives an eff if LDR had won this meaningless game? Are you saying we would be on some kind of championship run this season behind LDR? This is a rebuilding season, it's always been a rebuilding season, so the young guys need to play. Period. That's why I supported Franks playing over a stiff like LDR. At some point we have to find out if the young guys can play. Hell, I'm all for throwing Trask out there to see if he can play. Why the hell not?

We get so hung up on winning every game in a lost season like this that we don't think about the future. We should be thinking of next year from this point forward. Play every young guy possible. It's better to have a 3-8 season this year than five 7-win seasons in a row after this one.

However, that won't happen because Butters doesn't want to lose his job. We're all too hung up purely on wins and losses right now, when they don't matter much. We're a bad football team that should only be playing for future seasons at this point.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is pretty limited upstairs I think. I just hope they will play Corral as a true freshman next season if Franks doesn't progress much.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
LDR would have had a pick party. He isn't good. Don't blame Franks, blame Mac. Franks was thought to be a project coming out of high school and was committed to LSU. Mac targeted him and flipped him. So clearly he saw something in him, but should have known he was a project. Did he go after any other QB's in that class? I remember going after Eason late but other than that I don't think so (and no I don't count the high school back up who I hope is almost done with his degree because he is about to be "processed"). That's on Mac, he had plenty of time to go after other QB's but didn't. He should have been on Stidham as soon as he announced his transfer and basically waited till the last minute. He ran off Grier. He will never say it publicly but it is so clear that he thought he was going to win titles with LDR which is dummy ****. Only recruiting one QB (Franks) in 2016 is dummy ****. Not going after what looked to be a very accomplished passer in Stidham is dummy ****. Franks is what he is. A lot of physical gifts but not ready for this level. All the blame should be put squarely on Mac.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
well now you have a Franks led team. This is what it looks like. He's 20 times worse than Doug Johnson, but hey the fans wanted this, including over half this board.

I'm going to start saying LDR instead of Del Taco, because he wins that game yesterday. I know Mac sucks because he can't develop Franks, but SOS didn't exactly develop Sablehaus or Berlin who were top flight guys. Zaire was pursued because the coaches knew Franks sucked, but it was more of a hope and prayer because he sucks too.

I don't think that Franks will ever develop. He's lazy and has no real intangibles.

That's not to let Mac and Nuss off the hook. You know you have a one read sack of crap at QB, gameplay around it. If there's a play where we can pick up a great coach do it, but our best bet may be to keep Mac and hope this class gets built and stays together. I just don't see that homerun hire. Regardless changes have to be made in at least the assistant coach department. Maybe we should make a run at Brohm if he keeps this going at Purdue.

But again, Franks isn't the answer. He won't be. This is what the fans asked for, well you got it.
I cry now for him to be better coached-up. Take off the damn training wheels. He's gonna make mistakes, but he'll also make a few plays, too. He'll also learn from those mistakes. We're making him print when he's ready to start writing in cursive. He mirrors his teachers in many respects, I think.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who really gives an eff if LDR had won this meaningless game? Are you saying we would be on some kind of championship run this season behind LDR? This is a rebuilding season, it's always been a rebuilding season, so the young guys need to play. Period. That's why I supported Franks playing over a stiff like LDR. At some point we have to find out if the young guys can play. Hell, I'm all for throwing Trask out there to see if he can play. Why the hell not?

We get so hung up on winning every game in a lost season like this that we don't think about the future. We should be thinking of next year from this point forward. Play every young guy possible. It's better to have a 3-8 season this year than five 7-win seasons in a row after this one.

However, that won't happen because Butters doesn't want to lose his job.
We'll part of developing players is having someone make the right calls at the line and running the offense. Maybe the OL can gel better, maybe receivers can develop. Franks sucks and all we're finding out is that we have no future with him, but we will probably lose recruits over it. No LDR wasn't going to beat Bama, but maybe we beat FSU and their young QB and crappy offense. Maybe we beat LSU, A&M and find a way to beat UGA. I don't think Franks can do that.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I cry now for him to be better coached-up. Take off the damn training wheels. He's gonna make mistakes, but he'll also make a few plays, too. He'll also learn from those mistakes. We're making him print when he's ready to start writing in cursive. He mirrors his teachers in many respects, I think.
I get what you're saying. I just keep seeing him make his one read and throw it anyway.

You can mold clay, but Franks is a piece of granite in my opinion.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I get what you're saying. I just keep seeing him make his one read and throw it anyway.

You can mold clay, but Franks is a piece of granite in my opinion.
Personally I agree with you. I don't think Franks has it upstairs to ever amount to much.....certainly not with this coaching staff, anyway. However, I think we had to find out by throwing him out there.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's never been coached to do it. He needs experience in high competition to learn.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hell, I'm all for throwing Trask out there to see if he can play. Why the hell not?

This is a serious question. We heard Trask was one of our best passers and supposedly didnt have the leadership qualities needed. At this point, I doubt he could help us but what is our choices? Throw him in there and see what happens. Whats the worst thing? We might lose to LSU after they just lost to Troy?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, and another thing: Had we thrown him out there last year like we should have we probably could have learned a lot at that point and not wasted a bunch of time this year.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
And we are back to the decade long question..........is it the QB or the system or the play calling..........We saw QBs transfer and succeed or at least play much better in other systems. Others say it is developing (coaching) them up. I dont think we can lay the other QBs at Mac's feet. He had one that somehow broke a rule and is gone. Water under the bridge. But What we have now is transfers and a recruit. 2 real years of recruiting. The savior is out there right now playing his last HS games. I think getting a game changer in recruiting like him in the 3rd year is good recruiting. Along with the other kids committed. We gotta hang in here for this transition to the new cause the new looks like the real deal. Im on board all day with a new Off Coordinator. But Get this new kid here with his top 10 entourage and kick out all the dumazzzes here to scam debit cards...........WE have some great kids here playing hard as hell. Jimmies and Joes.........and lots of times they follow the kind like Golden Corral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb