You gotta love the grit and soul of this team

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Man, how can you not be amazed and proud of this grind-it-out effort? Back-to-back SEC wins on the road, wow. Mullen made the adjustments, the defense picked it up bigtime in the second half and we've got a pulse. The third quarter was pivotal. Franks isn't just a game manager; he can make the big-time throw from time to time.

Our D really brought the pressure late. Love it, love it.

I'm not sure we'll win another game, but I've already gotten my money's worth. This team is playing WAAAAAY above its head.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Man, how can you not be amazed and proud of this grind-it-out effort? Back-to-back SEC wins on the road, wow. Mullen made the adjustments, the defense picked it up bigtime in the second half and we've got a pulse. The third quarter was pivotal. Franks isn't just a game manager; he can make the big-time throw from time to time.

Our D really brought the pressure late. Love it, love it.

I'm not sure we'll win another game, but I've already gotten my money's worth. This team is playing WAAAAAY above its head.
We'll beat Idaho and if they keep improving we could easily beat Vandy, South Carolina & FSU. Georgia is the only sure loss I see on the schedule.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
We are getting there. If recruiting can pick up it will go faster. I don’t see us quitting this year. We’re still not winning the east but watching Ugly today and they have plenty of their own issues.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think most people thought we’d be 4-1 at this point before the season, with the loss probably coming tonight instead of 3 weeks ago. I have been impressed with the improvement of Franks to this point. He’s improved to an average QB, with flashes of above average QB play. I would have never thought that was possible coming into this year. I find myself cringing less every time he throws now and that’s a big credit to Mullen. Thought the kid was a lost cause. Don’t think we beat LSU or Uga, but every other game now looks winnable. Still a lot of football to be played. Hopefully we’ll keep improving. Go Gators!

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Grit is right. This win reminds me of our 2012 win over LSU. And I don't care if it was "only" MSU, we ground out a win on the road against a ranked SEC opponent. That's worth celebrating.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
We'll beat Idaho and if they keep improving we could easily beat Vandy, South Carolina & FSU. Georgia is the only sure loss I see on the schedule.
And given the history of that game, a win/loss by either team is never a given.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, lo and behold, we went into Jacksonville in 1980 as a 6-1 SEC upstart and with virtually no one giving us a chance to beat Herschel and #2 Georgia. This was the season after oh-10-1.

If not for at least two missed tackles on a simple over-the-middle route in the waning moments of the game, we leave the Gator Bowl with a 21-20 win and Georgia is looking back to Wally Butts in 1942 for its last title.

Anything can happen. Believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb