Your best guess on where the UF recruiting class will rank

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2018 ------- 12/15.......... Not terrible but not where we need to be....
2019 ----- 8/10....... getting there
2020 ------ 4/6 ,,,,,,,,,,, Please Gator Gods!!!!

I must be drunk! LOL

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Not sure that's even a number. So I assume you were referring to 78's post directly above you about the next Democratic nominee. She sounds like she'd take the NE and Cali, but may struggle in the rust belt.
It's not a number...yet

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
That’s a false statement. FSU is stomping us on the trail right now. And they went 7-6.

Meatchicken ranked 4th on Rivals after going 5-7.

You will make up anything.
It is not false. Neither of those schools you mentioned has those recruits locked in currently but they certainly had advantages on UF last season. FSU beat UF last season and has the most successful past few seasons and the most recent national championship (which really help recruiting). Michigan also beat UF last season so of course they are ahead of UF. Richt had no Mac like terrible seasons before Smart which helped Smart.

Michigan is not the norm. Harbaugh has been the most aggressive recruiter out their with his push the envelope rule changing strategies he has done the last few years. He has built a relationship with recruits pushing the envelope. Mullen is just walking in.

Last edited:

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
11th
I didn't expect Mullen to pull in a top 5 class. Nobody knows how the team will perform yet. If they look like they're better coached than the last few years, kids will start looking at us more. If Grantham's D looks good I bet we pull some kids and flip some that nobody was expecting.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It is not false. Neither of those schools you mentioned has those recruits locked in currently but they certainly had advantages on UF last season. FSU beat UF last season and has the most successful past few seasons and the most recent national championship (which really help recruiting). Michigan also beat UF last season so of course they are ahead of UF. Richt had no Mac like terrible seasons before Smart which helped Smart.

Michigan is not the norm. Harbaugh has been the most aggressive recruiter out their with his push the envelope rule changing strategies he has done the last few years. He has built a relationship with recruits pushing the envelope. Mullen is just walking in.

What the hell are you talking about? I’m talking about when Harbaugh took over. Like 3 years ago.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am hoping Mullen gets his act together in recruiting but its looking like we may get some joke class that is like #14 and not even top 5 in the SEC. Mac level joke recruiting 2nd class results. I hope he turns it around.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It’s virtually impossible to guess where we will end up with any sort of accuracy. It totally depends on the season and whether Mullen decides to bring on some elite recruiters.

Just based on our name (and nothing else) we will be top 20.

A 7 to 8 win season will put us around 15. A 10+ win season will put us around 10.

A revamping of his coaching staff or a revamping of the recruiting and QA structure at a university level (To put us on par or at least close to Bama, Georgia, FSU, Ohio State, meatchicken, Clemson, et.al) Should put us top 7.

I think our team will look better prepared and markedly better on the field under Mullen. But I just don’t think either he or the administration will take the steps necessary to be an elite program. And those steps require getting out of their comfort zone and bringing in elite recruiters and beefing up the football administrative side.

We need to be top 5 to 7 annually to compete for NCs.

# 15 would be a joke at the flagship school in Florida especially for a 2nd class.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I miss mac
This post cost tgator three dislikes when they actually should have been likes for his over-the-top sense of sarcasm. I appeal ro the dislikers to reconsider.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
This post cost tgator three dislikes when they actually should have been likes for his over-the-top sense of sarcasm. I appeal ro the dislikers to reconsider.
That's something you don't even joke about...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator