‘Very Drunk’ University of Florida Student Body President Arrested on Spring Break

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
https://heatst.com/life/intoxicated-university-of-florida-class-president-arrested-on-spring-break/
The future student body president of the University of Florida, who won election on the tagline, “Character that counts,” did not bring that winning character to spring break in Key West, Florida.

William Smith Meyers, 22, was arrested and jailed after drunkenly tipping over two Harley Davidson motorcycles and scooters, according to the Miami Herald. The reasoning he told police was that nobody knew how to ride bikes in Key West. Other than that Meyers did not make a whole lot of sense and didn’t even know he was on vacation in Key West. He thought he was at home in Tampa.

The entire police body cam footage of the arrest was made public online.

The police were called to a scene after a resident reported loud noises from motorcycles and scooters being knocked over. Allegedly Meyers tried to ride the bikes, but got frustrated when they did not start and shoved them to the ground.
Meyers one-year term as student body president is set to begin in April. The student body president represents more than 52,000 students at the University of Florida and is the only student member on the university’s board of trustees.

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
https://heatst.com/life/intoxicated-university-of-florida-class-president-arrested-on-spring-break/
The future student body president of the University of Florida, who won election on the tagline, “Character that counts,” did not bring that winning character to spring break in Key West, Florida.

William Smith Meyers, 22, was arrested and jailed after drunkenly tipping over two Harley Davidson motorcycles and scooters, according to the Miami Herald. The reasoning he told police was that nobody knew how to ride bikes in Key West. Other than that Meyers did not make a whole lot of sense and didn’t even know he was on vacation in Key West. He thought he was at home in Tampa.

The entire police body cam footage of the arrest was made public online.

The police were called to a scene after a resident reported loud noises from motorcycles and scooters being knocked over. Allegedly Meyers tried to ride the bikes, but got frustrated when they did not start and shoved them to the ground.
Meyers one-year term as student body president is set to begin in April. The student body president represents more than 52,000 students at the University of Florida and is the only student member on the university’s board of trustees.

"There, but for the Grace of God, go I."

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I'm so glad these damn camera phones weren't everywhere when I was young.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Too bad the owners of the bikes werent the ones who caught him. Too many people need a serious ass whipping.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I'm so glad these damn camera phones weren't everywhere when I was young.
Wuz gonna type the exact same thing but really I think everybody over the age of 40 probably had the same thought.

On another note, spring break in the keys freaking rocked when I was at UF. A buddy and I took off down there with a hundred bucks each and that paid for gas, drinks and everything for the weekend. We took a bunch of charcoal, burgers, dogs, and ice from our frat house and ate that stuff as much as possible to save money. Eventually the little hibachi grill melted from overuse. We crashed on the floor of about 3 different hotel rooms, chaise lounges by the pool at the Tiki Bar in Islamorada, and inside a buddy's RV. What a blur.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wuz gonna type the exact same thing but really I think everybody over the age of 40 probably had the same thought.

On another note, spring break in the keys freaking rocked when I was at UF. A buddy and I took off down there with a hundred bucks each and that paid for gas, drinks and everything for the weekend. We took a bunch of charcoal, burgers, dogs, and ice from our frat house and ate that stuff as much as possible to save money. Eventually the little hibachi grill melted from overuse. We crashed on the floor of about 3 different hotel rooms, chaise lounges by the pool at the Tiki Bar in Islamorada, and inside a buddy's RV. What a blur.
I spent a late night or two at that Tiki Bar on spring break - can't even remember where we were staying at in Islamorada. When alcohol was involved, food was always an afterthought, and unnecessary expense that cut into my drinking funds. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.