“What the hell’s going on out here?”

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How did things ever get so far? My friend, @NVGator was forced to leave this board because of this Solloxo business. Alright, now I have to make arrangements to bring him back here safely cleared of all these false “thin skinned/MSM” charges. But I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall him…if he should be booted from the chat box by a new mod…or if he should voluntarily ask for his account to be deleted…or if he goes into an alcohol-induced coma over a Jags loss, then I'm going to blame some of the people on this board. And that I do not forgive.
It’d be nice to see NV back as a regular, but the tone of his last post gives me pause. I don’t know of many looking for “Rainbows and Unicorns” unless those terms somehow lump those who are happy with recruiting and want to see the difference a year makes into some type of intellectually inferior, testosterone deprived group of fanboys. The alternate extreme might be those categorized as wanting Billy tarred and feathered before being run out of town on a rail for failing to make it to the SECCG and a 10 win season with a stacked roster of talented players.

Truth be told, most of us are somewhere just left or right of center, unless we get triggered (substitute “drunk” if need be) over a loss or something in the games that didn’t happen as we thought it should and then all hell breaks loose. Then comes the incessant over the top stuff, either wanting Billy gone or canonized that interferes with rational reviews of the game, at best, or erupts into insults or threats at worst. Some of each is to be expected, but it’s been regular since game 2 and hasn’t shown signs of taking a break.

This is why I asked “What the Hell’s going on out here?” and I’m understanding more through the posts. I’ve dialed back my competitive fire quite a bit (my wife got tired of the hollering and broken stuff) and get my joy beyond wins by dissecting the games (with everyone’s help) to better figure why we won or lost and just talking football. I’m at a place in life where I believe positive something beats negative anything, so long as you’re willing to take an unbiased look. That goes for wins and losses. I had 33 years of fussing, cussing, lying, threatening and fighting while in teaching, coaching and school administration. Too often lately, what has gone on here has felt like a bad day at school. Sure you’ve got to have some of that stuff, but not every day. It gets in the way of the enjoyment that should be the focus of being a fan. I appreciate you all.

Now, as for you Mr. SoFla Gator, what’s with this “Solloxo” reference? Are you implying that Ox is Sicilian? I know he can be that way sometimes, but NV is hardly “sleeping with the fishes” a la Luca Brasi. He can come back to Ox’s La Cosa Nostra anytime he wants.

(I think I got your reference correct!)

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
And yet problem 2 was around for both SOS and Urbs success. I get your point, but dont think youre making a good case.

I believe Foley took over for Bill Arnsbarger who quit immediately after he was forced to hire SOS by the higher powers. Fooley was in the room but he had nothing to do with hiring SOS. In fact he was antagonistic to SOS most of the Head Ball Coaches tenure.

Fooley was under orders to hire UM by Bernie Machen. Fooley had nothing to do with the decision. He probably wanted to hire another wannabe like Muschamp or Shark.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
How did things ever get so far? My friend, @NVGator was forced to leave this board because of this Solloxo business. Alright, now I have to make arrangements to bring him back here safely cleared of all these false “thin skinned/MSM” charges. But I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall him…if he should be booted from the chat box by a new mod…or if he should voluntarily ask for his account to be deleted…or if he goes into an alcohol-induced coma over a Jags loss, then I'm going to blame some of the people on this board. And that I do not forgive.
excellent Don sofla

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I hired a new moderator to clean all of this up. 2023 is going to be different in this regard.
jN8xAYXI5yU1.jpeg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Here’s the thing. I haven’t been posting recently because it’s not fun anymore. Most of you have made it very clear you only want to hear about rainbows and unicorns. It’s no different than the beginning of each of the last 3 hires except every new hire it gets more and more.

Ox likes to spin this as if I’m some kind of pillow biting triggered thin skins poster that doesn’t belong message boarding and you all have eaten it up and ran with it. Hell, MJM accusing me of being some MSM viewer is far enough.

Happy New Year to you all.
I guess I'm confused. The board is overwhelmingly negative right now, and you're trying to tell us you're not having fun because we're a Swamp Gas pumper board? Huh? Hell, most of the time I'm just trying to create a little balance, and more often than not I'm not saying anything anymore. For example, I've never even clicked on that "Sunbelt Billy" thread, because I have no interest in the vitriol and wallowing.

You say it's not fun anymore for you, trust me when I tell you it's not fun for a lot of us that have decided to be patient with this rebuild either.

However, my advice for ANYONE would be that if coming here isn't fun for them, find something else to do. There's no shame in it, I completely understand.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I guess I'm confused. The board is overwhelmingly negative right now, and you're trying to tell us you're not having fun because we're a Swamp Gas pumper board? Huh? Hell, most of the time I'm just trying to create a little balance, and more often than not I'm not saying anything anymore. For example, I've never even clicked on that "Sunbelt Billy" thread, because I have no interest in the vitriol and wallowing.

You say it's not fun anymore for you, trust me when I tell you it's not fun for a lot of us right now either that have decided to be patient with this rebuild.

However, my advice for ANYONE would be that if coming here isn't fun for them, find something else to do. There's no shame in it, I completely understand.

I stopped watching any games about three years ago- and I haven’t been happier. Wife is happy too. I was getting miserable to be around during a game.
Now…
I look at the final score and then check in here for @cover2 and truth takes analyses.
Not sure if that lowers my score but I still love my Gators and hanging out with all of you degenerates.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I stopped watching any games about three years ago- and I haven’t been happier. Wife is happy too. I was getting miserable to be around during a game.
Now…
I look at the final score and then check in here for @cover2 and truth takes analyses.
Not sure if that lowers my score but I still love my Gators and hanging out with all of you degenerates.
You haven't watched a game in 3 years?

Lucky bastard.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Great thread by Cover2. One thing I used to talk about a lot was how little fun so many seemed to have concerning UF sports. I coached for 30 years and can tell you I hate losing more than I like winning. But I lived for the moment. We were either loading the kids up for game day in Hogtown or throwing a massive party at the house or going to a standing room only watering hole. I had first graders who could have probably driven to Gainesville alone having made the trip so often.

We enjoyed every success and screamed bloody murder at the disappointments and always threw down massive amounts of ice cold beer in the process. But we built a lifetime of memories and still do. I can’t imagine our lives without Gator sports.

This board has a little of everything. Some guys who are just simply hilarious. Some who can provide detailed technical analysis and others who are on top of the recruiting game. Some are the ultimate pumpers and just love it regardless and some who couldn’t be any more negative if they tried.

Through it all….it’s still the best board out there.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
<quote>just what exactly do you, I, or the next idiot on this message board consider a throw-away season? Like is it the ending record?</quote>

Thanks for inviting me into the conversation. I’d appreciate, but not be completely satisfied, with beating the teams we’re supposed to beat and a to beat a team or two that we’re not supposed to beat, while being competitive in the other games. A more competent defense would be appreciated. A little less head scratching on offensive play calling would be a plus. Record wise, a winning record, even if only slightly, would be good. A bowl game AFTER Christmas seems like a reasonable ask for 2023 as well. 2024? I want to contend for the SEC East and beyond.
In the meantime, I’m old enough to quit seeking peace on earth and good will towards men, and set my sights on GC being a place for bar-type humor and robbing, but not verbal knife-fights and incessant whining (I can get that at home).

Is that too much to ask? It is my birthday after all (and Ox’s too, but mine is more important)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator