Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Give up 45 points to a bunch of 3 star suckasses who can't beat a single good team in their own suckass conference. Let vandy and Kentucky bend you over, and also let all of our rivals as well as LSU score 40+ and embarrass us. What a great season. Can't wait to see what this cracker jack staff has lined up for the (toilet) bowl game.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Im not happy, Im just an adult. We weren't a good team this year, yet you guys act like theres no way we should ever lose. Our biggest issue, even tonight, was ARs inconsistency in the passing game. It is what it is.
Our biggest issue is defense. You don’t win games when the other teams scores 5+ TDs. Not being able to complete a forward pass doesn’t help either.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Im not happy, Im just an adult. We weren't a good team this year, yet you guys act like theres no way we should ever lose. Our biggest issue, even tonight, was ARs inconsistency in the passing game. It is what it is.
So we were not a good team coming into the season. I’ll accept that. Tell me the one area among offense, defense or special teams where we got better? Not great, just improved at all?

You’re an adult, and we are all children, so please give us your actual wisdom beyond just telling us you’re possibly old.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
My reaction is the whole season. 6-6 is unacceptable. This reaction from everyone isn't from one bad game, dude. It's from a whole season of bad games. Leaving us with absolutely nothing to be excited about next year. Please tell me why we'll be better next year?
We were always going to struggle this year. Everyone thought AR was going to be the next thing, but he wasn't. He is THE main reason for the loss tonight. Yes, our D got shredded over and over by that fuchser Travis, but AR going 3 quarters without a completion sealed our fate. Its been that way all year. Better days are ahead. Our D will be better and we will eventually get a more consistent passer. This wasn't an end of the world loss, nor should it have been unexpected.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Not exactly, most of us expected to lose a lot this year. And AR's mental midgetness and inaccuracies are a big problem. But there was so much more mental incapacity emanating on a weekly basis from the head coach and staff that has a lot of us more upset than anything that the players did. the players BS is not always controllable, but mental incompetence is unacceptable from the coaching staff, at all levels (especially during the 60 minutes of game time)

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If you don't see the glaring shortcomings with this coaching staff then you should change your avatar to a picture of Stevie fkn Wonder. The offense is as basic, predictable and pathetic as any I've ever seen, and that's with a guy running the show who has more athleticism in his finger tips than the entire fsu roster combined. The defense, there's just no words.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We were always going to struggle this year. Everyone thought AR was going to be the next thing, but he wasn't. He is THE main reason for the loss tonight. Yes, our D got shredded over and over by that fuchser Travis, but AR going 3 quarters without a completion sealed our fate. Its been that way all year. Better days are ahead. Our D will be better and we will eventually get a more consistent passer. This wasn't an end of the world loss, nor should it have been unexpected.
Well you're right about 1 thing. No passing game and a bad defense will get you 6-6. The problem is they both performed below their capabilities. The coaching staff has to get more out of em.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Listen guys, I hate being the pumper because I'm usually not that guy and I have no idea if Billy will work out. But damn near everyone on this board agreed that the first year would be ugly, we wouldn't hold it against him just so long as recruiting was great. Then we lost to Kentucky and everyone threw that shyt out the door. And every loss the GB25s just got louder and louder.

I'm not happy with the season, but I'm not surprised. It should have been expected. But please, continue :ohnoez:

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
There's no sugar coating it. I hope we set the standard when we fired mullen after one bad year. If we suck again next year, there should not be a year 3 . Harsins didn't get one and no need to do it here. This is unacceptable. I personally think stricklin should be gone immediately

Yeah all of a sudden Mullen doesn't look so bad....never lost to UT, FSU, or Vandy....even beat UGA once

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Not exactly, most of us expected to lose a lot this year. And AR's mental midgetness and inaccuracies are a big problem. But there was so much more mental incapacity emanating on a weekly basis from the head coach and staff that has a lot of us more upset than anything that the players did. the players BS is not always controllable, but mental incompetence is unacceptable from the coaching staff, at all levels (especially during the 60 minutes of game time)
I don't disagree with that, Billy has to do better in that area for sure

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah all of a sudden Mullen doesn't look so bad....never lost to UT, FSU, or Vandy....even beat UGA once
Oh shcit, I'm still waiting on someone to come on here and blame mullen for this one. Or heck even Meyer for that matter. Let's "fumigate" the place so we can go back to beating teams dan mullen always beat. I can't stand mullen and hate that I have to defend him. You know he's laughing his ass off right now.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Listen guys, I hate being the pumper because I'm usually not that guy and I have no idea if Billy will work out. But damn near everyone on this board agreed that the first year would be ugly, we wouldn't hold it against him just so long as recruiting was great. Then we lost to Kentucky and everyone threw that shyt out the door. And every loss the GB25s just got louder and louder.

I'm not happy with the season, but I'm not surprised. It should have been expected. But please, continue :ohnoez:
No, people felt as long as we got a good class AND showed some improvement over the course of the season we would be supportive. What wasn't said bc it went without saying was that the new coaches themselves would need to actually look like they had a fkn clue.

No noticeable improvement anywhere, in some areas noticeable regression, and a staff that looks like they haven't a freaking clue half the time is what we got. Spare me the wait till next year routine.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
No, people felt as long as we got a good class AND showed some improvement over the course of the season we would be supportive. What wasn't said bc it went without saying was that the new coaches themselves would need to actually look like they had a fkn clue.

No noticeable improvement anywhere, in some areas noticeable regression, and a staff that looks like they haven't a freaking clue half the time is what we got. Spare me the wait till next year routine.
There was no regression, our D actually did improve, our O didn't regress other than ARs accuracy which is entirely a mental thing. I will agree that game management stuff is a big weak spot for Billy. He needs help there.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Dan Mullen’s entire approach wasn’t even remotely sustainable. We saw it last year with his long time “finally my guy” QB play. We’d have years where we win 10-11 games but we had no shot at winning anything of consequence and even the wins started to dry up when he lost(gasp) McElwain’s guys. Really let that sink in. He beat absolutely terrible fsu and vol teams.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I can’t recall the Gators going 0-4 against LSU, UT, UGA and FSU in a single season in my lifetime. He added to it with UK and Vandy losses.

We gave up 45 to LSU, 38 to UT, 42 to UGA, 45 to FSU. Won't win $hit until that gets fixed.

Also very nervous about next year. Seems to me that the real reason we have a great run game is All-American #54 Cybo.
He gone next year. We're going to lose two 1st round draft picks on OFFENSE.
Solution: Shuffle the deck. Hire OC and DC.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We’ve shown no improvement all year. I retract that… ETN & Shemar have shown improvement. That’s it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb