t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dan Mullen’s entire approach wasn’t even remotely sustainable. We saw it last year with his long time “finally my guy” QB play. We’d have years where we win 10-11 games but we had no shot at winning anything of consequence and even the wins started to dry up when he lost(gasp) McElwain’s guys. Really let that sink in. He beat absolutely terrible fsu and vol teams.
I'd rather have 10-11 win years with a 6 or 7 win year sprinkled in with no championships than be on an endless string of hiring coaches and starting over every 3 years. And you know in your gut that that's the case here.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

He thinks the fact that it was close at the end means we are really coming around? They are a sht team full of 3 stars with a win record compiled entirely of other sht teams. The fact that he's being positive instead of apologetic tells me about all I need to know. There are guys that like to win and there are guys that absolutely HATE losing. Y'all all know which one we ended up with. It's the wrong one.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We should have kept mullen till we knew we were upgrading is all I'm saying. I know we wasn't gonna win a championship with him

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He thinks the fact that it was close at the end means we are really coming around? They are a sht team full of 3 stars with a win record compiled entirely of other sht teams. The fact that he's being positive instead of apologetic tells me about all I need to know. There are guys that like to win and there are guys that absolutely HATE losing. Y'all all know which one we ended up with. It's the wrong one.
Well said

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Could have hired Kelly or Lincoln but settled for the unproven guy. Here’s to hoping he figures it out in one offseason

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'd rather have 10-11 win years with a 6 or 7 win year sprinkled in with no championships than be on an endless string of hiring coaches and starting over every 3 years. And you know in your gut that that's the case here.

But no was ok with that at the time, and the guy had full blown sabotaged things. Look at the pic of him meeting Stoops at midfield after the loss last year. Law has it as his av for a while because of how bad a look it was. And it was directly leading to uga winning it all. I defended Mullen until he started giving the fan base the finger virtually every week. He had to go. I joined you in support of taking a flyer on Johnson because I wanted someone that could be here for a while and we could build around. May be doing the whole reset again in a few years, but at least there’s evidence of effort to build. I’ll take that over DM, because he forced the move with his laziness.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Listen guys, I hate being the pumper because I'm usually not that guy and I have no idea if Billy will work out. But damn near everyone on this board agreed that the first year would be ugly, we wouldn't hold it against him just so long as recruiting was great. Then we lost to Kentucky and everyone threw that shyt out the door. And every loss the GB25s just got louder and louder.

I'm not happy with the season, but I'm not surprised. It should have been expected. But please, continue :ohnoez:
Couldn't agree more with you. We beat a top 10 team to start the season, lost to a good UK team by 10, lost by 5 to a team that was #1 in the country 3 weeks ago, lost to the defending national champs but was only down 8 in the 4th, hung with the #5 team in the country for 4 quarters. The Vandy loss is unacceptable but we just had a chance in the with under a minute against a top 16 team in a game we were down 3/4 top Wrs. Add in the fact our offense has been severely handcuffs because we have a Qb that is so inconsistent and makes horrible decisions. Imo when you look at the season as a whole we played a very tough schedule and was in every game.

A lot needs to change but I'm encouraged by recruiting, I think our offense was very limited because of AR. I think whether he goes pro or stays in college he needs to move on. I just don't think he's a good decision maker and he's very inaccurate.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Couldn't agree more with you. We beat a top 10 team to start the season, lost to a good UK team by 10, lost by 5 to a team that was #1 in the country 3 weeks ago, lost to the defending national champs but was only down 8 in the 4th, hung with the #5 team in the country for 4 quarters. The Vandy loss is unacceptable but we just had a chance in the with under a minute against a top 16 team in a game we were down 3/4 top Wrs. Add in the fact our offense has been severely handcuffs because we have a Qb that is so inconsistent and makes horrible decisions. Imo when you look at the season as a whole we played a very tough schedule and was in every game.

A lot needs to change but I'm encouraged by recruiting, I think our offense was very limited because of AR. I think whether he goes pro or stays in college he needs to move on. I just don't think he's a good decision maker and he's very inaccurate.
That's a moral victory cornucopia if I ever saw one.
Bravo.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Oh shcit, I'm still waiting on someone to come on here and blame mullen for this one. Or heck even Meyer for that matter. Let's "fumigate" the place so we can go back to beating teams dan mullen always beat. I can't stand mullen and hate that I have to defend him. You know he's laughing his ass off right now.

Yep....his main problem was he let his arrogance and loyalty get in the way by keeping Grantham on....he would still be our coach if he had gotten himself a better DC

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I say there is a 50-50 chance he's gone if we are floating at .500 and lose badly to UGA again next year, which seems like a near certainty, unless he lands a super class and wins the transfer portal and fires Toney and the ST guy and himself at OC. That's a lot of things that have to go right. Otherwise it is the same ingredient list that made up this roadkill casserole of a season and all you thinking something is going to be different are just snorting hopium.

Yeah I know people will tell me I'm crazy but I just witnessed the worst UF offense and defense I've ever watched and I've seen every game since 1990. Offense is less imaginative than anything Roper or Pease or Nussmeier or Mullen or hell, even Zaunbrecher or Fedora did. This defense makes Grantham's look like the 85 Chicago Bears.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Awaiting results of December signing class...
I stress too much so I purposely did not watch last night, I hope the sun still comes up this morning...

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Awaiting results of December signing class...
I stress too much so I purposely did not watch last night, I hope the sun still comes up this morning...
Well the sun is up and Slingblade is still the coach of the Gators. And Stricklin is still AD.

If next year is as bad as this year I hope Sasse fires them all.

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Reading Napier's post game comments are beyond depressing.

This is your final regular season game of the year against your biggest rival and your has regressed from the Utah game and you're celebrating that you beat the spread? WTF.

Not exactly what I'd call strong leadership.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Reading Napier's post game comments are beyond depressing.

This is your final regular season game of the year against your biggest rival and your has regressed from the Utah game and you're celebrating that you beat the spread? WTF.

Not exactly what I'd call strong leadership.
I’ve seen enough . The guy is the exact opposite of what is needed at this level .

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
What about that clown show was good? If you’re not pissed about losing to Vandy and the nulls to end the season, then you’re either a happy drunk or a moron.
Happy drunk and moron aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

Last edited:

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
There was no regression, our D actually did improve, our O didn't regress other than ARs accuracy which is entirely a mental thing. I will agree that game management stuff is a big weak spot for Billy. He needs help there.
Our D had 6 good quarters all season and gave up 45 in its final game. How is that improvement?

Anyone who saw anything encouraging on the field at all this year is :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.