NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No I didn't expect to lose to Vandy, I never expect to lose but understand its always a possibility, especially in a first year. I'm on the fence about Napier, I'm just not throwing him out yet like so many others here. He has to do alot better and I understand that. If next year plays out like this year I will lead the charge for him to hit the road, but that time isn't now. Lets see what he can do in recruiting. Lets see what he can do once the Mullenites have been flushed. Lets see if he has the ability to reflect on his own shortcomings and fix them. So many are CERTAIN that hes already failed I believe in large part because people like to think they are the smartest cat in the room and they knew way before any of the "pumpers" that it wasn't going to work, and some people just like to Bytch no matter what the situation.

I am no pumper and I see the failings like everyone else. However, I do see improvements as much as everyone wants to mock me for it. So be it. I believe getting better playmakers and continuing the culture build will reap dividends soon. I believe our defense will be much improved next year, maybe not shutdown/stellar, but far more competent giving us a better chance to win each game. I would like to say that we will get better QB play next year, but that is such a huge unknown....it is more hope than belief. If we do get a more consistent passer our O will be hard to stop. Special teams are special in a "retard" sort of way. They need to fix that ASAP. His play calling I think will seem improved with a more consistent passer, but hopefully he will step out of the OC role and focus on HC only and at leats get a passing coordinator. His run game is already stellar. He needs a game clock management monkey attached to his side to help him out because he is borderline retarded in that regard.

I get it. I see the failings too. But unless we want to be like Auburn or Tennessee always harming themselves in pursuit of the greener grass, we need to give him a bit of time to see if he can correct these things. Labeling him Sunbelt Billy from day one and freaking out over very little setback does nobody any good.
You see yourself as the only adult in the room and anyone else is being juvenile. There hasn’t been any improvements. None. Our Defense is worse than with TG. How, I don’t know. You can point to recruiting but now one has signed, it’s all smoking mirrors.
:
We hired another 3rd tier coach getting 4th tiered results.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
You see yourself as the only adult in the room and anyone else is being juvenile. There hasn’t been any improvements. None. Our Defense is worse than with TG. How, I don’t know. You can point to recruiting but now one has signed, it’s all smoking mirrors.
:
We hired another 3rd tier coach getting 4th tiered results.
OK you win. Fire Billy now.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OK you win. Fire Billy now.
Happy Thank U GIF by Shark Week

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Urban put a huge emphasis on rivalry games. Billy seems to weigh all games evenly, yeah they each count for a win or loss, but they mean a ton more. Billy also doesn't seem to have any killer instinct, I think that's why he was always in one score games at Louisiana even though he had more talent than the rest of his conference. He gets a 2 score lead and just gets real conservative I guess. Your right about winning rivalry games, he can't do 0-4 again and not be on a very hot seat going into '24.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.