10 skills every man should have

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think they meant being able to hold a conversation. Not the shoe.
1) Score a baseball game - Coached Little League so I hope so.
2) Build a fire - Was a boy scout and a fledgling pyromaniac so check.
3) Tie a tie - Several ways. including the ways that require a safe word
4) Hold your own in any sport - other than the aforementioned round ball
5) Car maintenance - my father was a mechanic, could rebuild an engine before I lost my virginity (unfortunately)
6) Wingman - Bros before hoes
7) Converse - Once you learn to fake sincerity it's all downhill
8) Basic first aid - I know how to use my gunshot wound kit, Does that count?
9) Fix things - there is not anything I can't fix, I have every tool you can imagine and know how to properly use them even though I can never find what I need when I need it. But if it's on a house or a car I've got it covered.
10) Cook - Once you learn to properly cook a steak and make a sauce from scratch the rest is easy.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I had a pair of Converse when I was 13
I went through three pair a year easily. Dad said at one time he bought me new shoes once a month from the wear and tear.
Why is cunnilingus not on the list?
I thought that was a reflex like breathing or blinking your eyes.

My list would include
1. Know the 378322 uses for zip ties
2. change oil and filter
3. get charcoal into hot coals quickly
4. HAVE THE ONE friend that can DO the things you cannot.
5. have access to a pressure washer and all the fun it is.
6. How to comfort a baby to stop crying (expert here and no child is harmed in the process)
7. How to converse with other like minded men on hunten fishen sports womens cars cane grinding and other manly things............

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
rCIRM4e0gpsltA-UC6E-XTwJOvYI3z1bSs2uXbBmjPE.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Grass fed might be "healthier".... but it sure as shiit does not taste better. Need them heifers to carb load.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
I will never pan fry a steak but my Son in Law runs a restaurant in Ocala and can fry the hell out of a steak. I prefer charcoal.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I prefer charcoal.

I used to as well until my son cooked a bone-in Ribeye in a cast iron pan.
And - he used garlic, thyme and butter that he melted in the pan and drizzled it between turns.
I get a mouth waterin’ just thinking about it.
Lawdy that’s good eatin’

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know that flash cooking a piece of steak in a pan can produce a great meal, But it makes me think of my mom frying round steak so hard it tasted like an old boot. One of the best steaks I've ever had was at Ruth's Chris in Atlanta and they cook their steaks under an 1800 degree broiler. But there's no way you can infuse the flavor of good woodsmoke in a pan. To me pork has 10 times the flavor of beef and lately I've been grilling cuts like pork backbone on indirect heat over a mix of charcoal and pecan or oak and finish the last 10 minutes directly over the coals. That cut is highly marbled and the tips generally have a fat cap that crisps up like a gooshy sweet piece of fatback that explodes when you bite it.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Top ten thing a guy needs to know as far as I'm concerned is "measure twice, cut once." Took me a while to understand and use this to my advantage or for self preservation. Not just talking about building projects. For example, if the significant female in your life makes a ridiculous request at the most inopportune time, a second "measurement" might have you reply with "let's talk about it" or the always safe "yes dear" as opposed to an instinctive "look b!tch..." Your matrimonial life-long construction project will progress a lot smoother and with less wasted lumber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator