Best Posts in Thread: What's a good Android phone?

1. playzwtrux

playzwtrux Wait,... what?

Oxbucks:
    $525
    Ratings:
    +1,633 / -39
    while both of these statements are likely true, I'll put my $.02 in for a different point of view. my experience is whichever platform you learn on, or start out with, is the OS you will prefer. more times than not, I have seen iPhone users try Androids, and Android users try iPhones, and both typically do not like it. There are a few who switch and prefer it, but in my experience, this is the exception, and not the rule.

Both are great platforms, but i think with the iPhone you are more limited to what you can actually do. you may be able to better do what you can do with them (matter of opinion i guess), but they are more limited than android to me. I don't think either is a bad option though.

my last 3 or 4 have been Motorola devices, and i have been pleased. the only other android experience I've had for a phone was an HTC, and i liked it too.
    of the 7 phones that I'm responsible for financially, the only people that i hear complaints from are the iPhone users. they are always talk'n about problems, or what they wish it could do, yet fiercely loyal cause it's their iPhone. in fair disclosure though, both are female.

in 4 months I will have paid off my current phone (Droid Turbo) and plan to obtain the Moto Z Force.
    i think Samsung are great phones, but I don't think they are that much greater to learn the proprietary differences. maybe i'll change my mind in the next 4 months

• TheDouglas78

TheDouglas78 Well-Known Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $6,122
      Ratings:
      +10,306 / -301
      I have a Samsung s5 and a Iphone 6s... prefer the Android Phone over the iphone. Iphone the iphone is for your basic consumer... doesn't want to have to do much with their phone, and limited customization. The issues (including wifi) I have with my iphone I don't have with my Samsung. My Samsung is faster than my iphone while still be a generation older and having more aps running on it. The user interface for iphone is more friendly for people who like everything on the front screen and some of the common aps are more user friendly on iphone.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey That's the sound your mother made last night
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $64,123
        Ratings:
        +96,535 / -6,654
        Google Nexus is very nice. I really like the new Moto X also. (Maybe it's Moto Z, whatever their upper end phone is called these days.) They are a bargain. Hell, the S5s are still nice. I don't think the battery problem is with all the S7s, just the Note7. I could be wrong though.

If you don't demand the latest greatest bestest mostest, there are dozens, maybe hundreds, of good options actually. I'd just look at them and see what I liked.

What you want to do will also affect the decision. My wife doesn't care about anything other than phoning and texting. She also tends break them, or dunk them more accurately. She gets a lower end Moto (G4) and loves it. The S5 would work in that role also. I think I spend more money on her case. If you have certain interests, like a great camera, the calculus will change.

It doesn't really matter what phone but Apple does make it painful to switch. There will be work to be done with regards to getting date off your Iphone.

Maybe read a few of links like this:

http://www.cnet.com/topics/phones/best-phones/android/
        http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2483688,00.asp
        http://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-phones-568001/
        http://www.techradar.com/news/phone...st-android-phone-which-should-you-buy-1135314

#111 Swamp Donkey, Sep 11, 2016
        Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
        • URGatorBait

URGatorBait #TeamDubs
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $8,886
          Ratings:
          +20,836 / -520
          Nice save ;)

• Bernardo de la Paz

Bernardo de la Paz If you aren't a gator you are gator bait
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $1,776
            Ratings:
            +4,345 / -195
            I have the s7 and my wife has the iphone 6s. It used to be that there was a trade off in picking between iphone and Android. That's no longer the case. The s7 is superior in every way.

• chferg

chferg #CousinEddieTime

Oxbucks:
              $1,573
              Ratings:
              +3,393 / -222
              Wait a few months and go Nexus or newer Sammy product and never look back....

You won't regret it

The Box

Help

You don't have the necessary permissions to use the chat.

1. There are currently no users chatting.
                  • About Us

Our community sprung up when the Gatorsports message board was shut down in the summer of 2014. We pride ourselves on offering Gator-biased, yet critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is the best Gator message board you will find.
                  • Like us on Facebook

• Buy us a Zima!

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a non-alcoholic Zima? We'd really appreciate it! Just click the "Donate" tab at the top of the page.