Galaxy Note 7 Recall: Banned from flights

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Unlike you Apple fan boys, I actually respect what Apple is doing. It's smart and they are making boat loads of money doing it.

I see you didn't answer either one of my questions though :grin:

I have a Samsung.

(I'm lying)

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Unlike you Apple fan boys, I actually respect what Apple is doing. It's smart and they are making boat loads of money doing it.

I see you didn't answer either one of my questions though :grin:
We get it. You can't afford anything but the BOGO phones.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We get it. You can't afford anything but the BOGO phones.
As I respond to you from my Note 5
:trump:

We get it, you like to pay extra for something that has technology that has already been out for at least 2 years ;)

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
apple_01.jpg

apple_02.jpg

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I bought my daughter a galaxy s7 for Christmas - she likes it better than the iphone 6 she had. I took over her Iphone 6, and it has worked well for me. The little bit I fool around on her phone or my son's lower end android it just drives me nuts, because it is laid out so differently. The iphone seems so much simpler. It is all about preference and what you are used to.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I bought my daughter a galaxy s7 for Christmas - she likes it better than the iphone 6 she had. I took over her Iphone 6, and it has worked well for me. The little bit I fool around on her phone or my son's lower end android it just drives me nuts, because it is laid out so differently. The iphone seems so much simpler. It is all about preference and what you are used to.
It is about preference, but they really aren't that different once you understand a couple of small differences between the two systems.

My wife had the S7 edge, until she decided to drop it, now she has the S7, doesn't like it as much as the edge.

Lower end androids are pieces of ****, but often has more to do with their hardware not being able to handle the full use of the newer android OS.

Lboy, next time you're near a best buy. Stop in and play with the Google Pixel. It's the purest version of Android and doesn't have all the carrier or other manufacturer bloatware on it. Very fast.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is about preference, but they really aren't that different once you understand a couple of small differences between the two systems.

My wife had the S7 edge, until she decided to drop it, now she has the S7, doesn't like it as much as the edge.

Lower end androids are pieces of ****, but often has more to do with their hardware not being able to handle the full use of the newer android OS.

Lboy, next time you're near a best buy. Stop in and play with the Google Pixel. It's the purest version of Android and doesn't have all the carrier or other manufacturer bloatware on it. Very fast.

I love my pixel, I have had Samsungs, Motorola's, Iphones (won't touch the lower end Andriod products). I carry the newest Iphone for work and I have a Pixel. Google will really have to mess up the next Pixel for me not to go Pixel again.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love my pixel, I have had Samsungs, Motorola's, Iphones (won't touch the lower end Andriod products). I carry the newest Iphone for work and I have a Pixel. Google will really have to mess up the next Pixel for me not to go Pixel again.
I don't think they will. I think they'll start to match the specs of the highest end phones across the board, and possibly take over as the top phone on the market, that said, it'll also be the most expensive :lol:

The Pixel fell short on some of the specs this go round, but it's still a really good phone.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think they will. I think they'll start to match the specs of the highest end phones across the board, and possibly take over as the top phone on the market, that said, it'll also be the most expensive :lol:

The Pixel fell short on some of the specs this go round, but it's still a really good phone.

it's lacking in areas like video play back, the camera is better than the video by far. And a few other areas, but it does have the fastest processor currently out there (which will be overtaken soon). It's a great first entry.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
it's lacking in areas like video play back, the camera is better than the video by far. And a few other areas, but it does have the fastest processor currently out there (which will be overtaken soon). It's a great first entry.
Actually it doesn't. It has the Snapdragon 821 chip, same as the S7 and S7 edge, though I believe I read the Exynos (samsungs processor) is faster in some respects. Also, the Snapdragon 835 will be rolling out soon in the S8, would have already been in the LG G6 had Samsung not taken all the manufacturing capacity of Qualcomm building that chip :lol:

The difference you notice in actual use is likely because of the lack of bloatware.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually it doesn't. It has the Snapdragon 821 chip, same as the S7 and S7 edge, though I believe I read the Exynos (samsungs processor) is faster in some respects. Also, the Snapdragon 835 will be rolling out soon in the S8, would have already been in the LG G6 had Samsung not taken all the manufacturing capacity of Qualcomm building that chip :lol:

The chipset, but not bogged down by Samsung bloatware. Didn't mean it was the only one with chipset, just that it has the fastest with Samsung and a Motorolia phone which carries the same one. The s8 will have the fastest set when it is released, and will be bounds faster if Samsung would reduce it's bloat where.

I loved my samsung phone, so I'm not knocking samsung.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The chipset, but not bogged down by Samsung bloatware. Didn't mean it was the only one with chipset, just that it has the fastest with Samsung and a Motorolia phone which carries the same one. The s8 will have the fastest set when it is released, and will be bounds faster if Samsung would reduce it's bloat where.

I loved my samsung phone, so I'm not knocking samsung.
Well one of the points I was making is that in some respects, in the benchmark testing, I thought the Exynos chipset was faster, though I think they traded off here and there.
Apparently the next Exynos chipset will be even faster than the Snapdragon 835.
Though I think Samsung only puts the Snapdragon chip in the phones in our market.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Well one of the points I was making is that in some respects, in the benchmark testing, I thought the Exynos chipset was faster, though I think they traded off here and there.
Apparently the next Exynos chipset will be even faster than the Snapdragon 835.
Though I think Samsung only puts the Snapdragon chip in the phones in our market.
I'm about to accuse both of you of fitting the category that would eat "pizza" with artichoke hearts on it! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb