The National Signing Day Thread

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There’s a thing called the World Wide Web where all the information you could ever want are a few clicks away T

But, to answer your question, no. And he’s probdbly our #1 target as of now

;)
Wasnt it a battle with us and auburn? Gotta be a good sign if auburns going all in with barnes right?

Also, when i googled french football player, abunch of soccer players is what i get.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have two OL that weren’t on our radar. If we keep Gouraige, we just need one more. Davis was a pretty good recruiter, so that may be throwing some guys off. Plus we dropped Dunlap pretty hard, which may affect the other targets we had

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Excellent post, Euro, particularly with regard to the part I've emphasized. I've never understood how grown men who couldn't even sniff the playing field will heap, ad nauseum, extreme vitriol upon a young man who is actually on the field trying to win. Add to that the fact that these grown men are Gator alumni and (supposed) Gator fans who are blasting a young man just a couple of years out of high school who is playing for the Gators. What the hell is wrong with the guys who do this? I'm talking about vitriol, not mere criticism. Driskel is only the target named in this thread, but there are many more. If a Gator alumnus and/or fan wants to tear into a college football player, do it to one on a rival team. Rapeis deserved it. Peyton Manning deserved it. I think Driskel did his best under terrible coaching. Nobody likes the results, but, as a good Gator, he ought to be spared the repeated disemboweling he's been getting for years, now.

Let dislikes begin! :lmao2:

Literally the best post I have ever read on this board.

My wife and I sat directly behind the Driskels during the Missouri game. Everyone knew who they were. The abuse that was heaped upon Jeff during that game had his Mom in tears. It was the most embarrassment I have ever felt as a Gator. This was on the alumni side. I was literally ready to throw hands. Grown men who Jeff would break in half if they said it to his face. I was never even a major Driskell fan....I’ve known Jacoby Brissett since he was 10 years old and thought Muschamp screwed him over. But these so-called Gators fans behavior was unacceptable. I was very disappointed in myself for not taking a more hands-on approach that night. Carried that with me for weeks.

Hate grown men name calling and hate attacking kids....Gator kids no less. My daddy taught me a few things...call a man by his name, never shake a mans hand while sitting down and never stand idly by while someone is being abused. I failed miserably that night. Should have took a few out.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The two commits yet to sign
4* OL Richard Gouraige
3* WR Corey Gammage
That puts us at 15 and leaves us 10 spots plus or minus.

So names being thrown around:
4* WR Anthony Schwartz (Don't understand why this isn't a done deal)
4* OT William Barnes (Apopka)
3* OG Ed Montilius (Apopka)
5* OT Nick Petit Frere (Tampa)
4* WR Tommy Bush
4* WR Trevon Grimes (transfer)
JUCO DT Noah Jefferson 6'6 330

Two names I forgot about
5* CB Patrick Surtain Jr.
4* CB Brendan Radley-Hiles

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I heard a 247 guy on the radio yesterday saying auburn was making a strong push for him. Didn't even mention Florida as a player for him.

To my understanding it has always been between us and UNC, correct?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The two commits yet to sign
4* OL Richard Gouraige
3* WR Corey Gammage
That puts us at 15 and leaves us 10 spots plus or minus.

So names being thrown around:
4* WR Anthony Schwartz (Don't understand why this isn't a done deal)
4* OT William Barnes (Apopka)
3* OG Ed Montilius (Apopka)
5* OT Nick Petit Frere (Tampa)
4* WR Tommy Bush
4* WR Trevon Grimes (transfer)
JUCO DT Noah Jefferson 6'6 330

Two names I forgot about
5* CB Patrick Surtain Jr.
4* CB Brendan Radley-Hiles

I think Schwartz goes to Auburn. I know that he has speed to burn but can he catch? I don’t know.

I’ve seen a lot of noise about Bookie leaning toward FSU. That sucks if true.

Not sure where you got 4 stars but both Grimes and Bookie are 5 stars. That would be huge.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I feel like you stole that line from a Few Good Men.
Look, Donk - you need to lighten up with the vitriol on these kids. Not valid criticism, but vitriol. My post and Marine's post are about Driskel, but Trask comes to mind, too. There's no good reason to call a young man on a Gator football scholarship "trash", especially one who has stayed out of trouble.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Schwartz goes to Auburn. I know that he has speed to burn but can he catch? I don’t know.

I’ve seen a lot of noise about Bookie leaning toward FSU. That sucks if true.

Not sure where you got 4 stars but both Grimes and Bookie are 5 stars. That would be huge.
For some odd reason, I feel like Houston could be the landing spot for Schwartz with Carl Lewis. Just a feeling.

Not sure about Bookie. It wouldn't surprise me if he landed at Ole Miss with his buddy Corral or at UCLA. No one in that FSU pic looked happy to be there except Taggart

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's what I always heard but he's apparently auburns top target now.

It's easy to have a "top target" in the later signing period (when you land most of your class in the early period). Auburn signed a very good group, so focusing on Barnes now is easy for them (they don't have to keep worrying about hanging onto their commits).

If you go through this thread (in the early part of the thread), I've stated several times that Barnes should be OUR top target and missing on him will be inexcusable. I know Mullen and his staff are late to the game, but this kid was all ours from the get-go....plus Montilus. It will be a shame if we don't get him (he's right down the road, plus the Ivey connection).

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Look, Donk - you need to lighten up with the vitriol on these kids. Not valid criticism, but vitriol. My post and Marine's post are about Driskel, but Trask comes to mind, too. There's no good reason to call a young man on a Gator football scholarship "trash", especially one who has stayed out of trouble.
I love reading all of your post, but I totally agree. Disagreeing is one thing but you shouldn't write anything you wouldn't say to someone's face. That is just cowardly hiding behind a computer screen. If you would talk like that to someone's face, I'm afraid some of these kids would do some adjustments on your face. Otherwise...I love Gatorchatter!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

My wife and I sat directly behind the Driskels during the Missouri game. Everyone knew who they were. The abuse that was heaped upon Jeff during that game had his Mom in tears. It was the most embarrassment I have ever felt as a Gator. This was on the alumni side. I was literally ready to throw hands. Grown men who Jeff would break in half if they said it to his face. I was never even a major Driskell fan....I’ve known Jacoby Brissett since he was 10 years old and thought Muschamp screwed him over. But these so-called Gators fans behavior was unacceptable. I was very disappointed in myself for not taking a more hands-on approach that night. Carried that with me for weeks.

Hate grown men name calling and hate attacking kids....Gator kids no less. My daddy taught me a few things...call a man by his name, never shake a mans hand while sitting down and never stand idly by while someone is being abused. I failed miserably that night. Should have took a few out.

This goes on everywhere. I'm not condoning it but it happens. I try not to single out a kid unless it is deserving. Del Rio comes to mind. You throw down with the fans...you will probably get return fire. Calling out a unit is ok. Coaches make millions so they are fair game in my book. But the kids. I try not to trash them unless necessary(like getting in trouble). I'm not perfect but I do try to stick by those basic rules.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Two great posts!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Guys, thanks for the interest in my soul and all.... but Im.going to be me.
Have you and the rest of the your third grade classmates come up with any cute derogatory nicknames for our new signees? It's been over 36 hours since the last signee, Wth are you waiting on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator