The National Signing Day Thread

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Doesnt matter. Does Percy Harvins habe a degree? Pouncies.

He transferred. Whole Gator nation is glad he left, but he isnt a Gator.
I understand that you are making a lawyerly case. Maybe some readers are buying it. But it doesn't really wash. He attended UF. He competed to the best of his ability. He got horrible coaching. He obtained a UF degree. Beat up and harassed incessantly, he left and got one year of decent coaching. He's a Gator. I know it; you know it. Heck, we all know it. Our sorry coaching cost him a real NFL career. We should wish a fellow Gator all the best.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Piece of shyt Bulldawg.

But Im quite glad he left. Should have done it two or three years earlier, if he wasnt self aware enough to realize he needed to play some other position.

No coach can fix stupid.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Two peas in a pod. Perfect for each other. The fact that one sucked a lot doesnt mean theother one sucked any less. One coach who despised offense and a QB good for nothing but handing off (and turnovers). A guy who made Brantley look like Nfl Brady, and made Treon into All SEC (probably just by comparison or maybe just bc they felt sorry for us).

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Thanks for this. I appreciate the info you and Mariana post. Very helpful.
Thanks! I've been trying to get caught back up at my shop and haven't been on here as much but I'm fixing to kick it back in high gear the 2nd week of Jan. I do have a little nugget i was told today though. Looks like Mullen is fixing to surprise the sh*t out of some people by signing day. He's working some big time kids and also working on a couple flips :grin:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Thanks! I've been trying to get caught back up at my shop and haven't been on here as much but I'm fixing to kick it back in high gear the 2nd week of Jan. I do have a little nugget i was told today though. Looks like Mullen is fixing to surprise the sh*t out of some people by signing day. He's working some big time kids and also working on a couple flips :grin:

That would be awesome. Mullen really seems to be on it.

Yes, really enjoy the recruiting breakdowns. I don’t know if i’m too busy or too lazy but I don’t follow all the recruiting so really appreciative you guys keep us caught up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That would be awesome. Mullen really seems to be on it.

Yes, really enjoy the recruiting breakdowns. I don’t know if i’m too busy or too lazy but I don’t follow all the recruiting so really appreciative you guys keep us caught up.
Theres a pretty good chance that QB isnt the only recruits we will be upgrading.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
While I'm not sold on Mullen yet it's really nice to see some positive buzz around the program and he's growing on me. Hopefully the news you got goes in our favor come signing day. You thinking we could get a top 8 class if your news goes our way? Thanks for all the news you bring to the board

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
While I'm not sold on Mullen yet it's really nice to see some positive buzz around the program and he's growing on me. Hopefully the news you got goes in our favor come signing day. You thinking we could get a top 8 class if your news goes our way? Thanks for all the news you bring to the board
I would say anywhere from 7-12 right now which would be unbelievable for a transition class. If we finish in that range i will be stoked about the future!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I understand that you are making a lawyerly case. Maybe some readers are buying it. But it doesn't really wash. He attended UF. He competed to the best of his ability. He got horrible coaching. He obtained a UF degree. Beat up and harassed incessantly, he left and got one year of decent coaching. He's a Gator. I know it; you know it. Heck, we all know it. Our sorry coaching cost him a real NFL career. We should wish a fellow Gator all the best.
Here's a lawyerly case for you. Driskel doesn't claim UF. How can you call him a Gator when he won't call himself one. You're failing on this. The only thing you're doing is proving you're a Driskel nuthugger. Congrats

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015

I'm enjoying the recruiting season a lot more than I enjoyed the football season.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Marianna.

This new signing period saw around 70% of the usual haul from past Feb signing days (per a Luginbill article). That means there are only around 30% of the remaining D1 level players still available. That's going to create some stiff competition for the remaining players (and we only signed 13, not counting the two transfers....and we need another 10-13). Schools that had bad/low number early signing days (FSU, A&M, UCLA, Nebraska, etc) are going to be pushing these kids hard.

Here's a lawyerly case for you. Driskel doesn't claim UF. How can you call him a Gator when he won't call himself one. You're failing on this. The only thing you're doing is proving you're a Driskel nuthugger. Congrats

In the Gatorsports "Gators in the NFL" updates they don't list Driskel. Just sayin....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Something to keep an eye on: Michigan is practicing at Nic Petit-Frere's high school for their bowl prep. NPF took an OV to Michigan in September.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members