The National Signing Day Thread

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, the whole 3* U thing is a bit over played at this point considering who we have committed for 2018 and 2019. Unless we start losing commits left and right, I think we can drop that crap now.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm not sure I understand the point of your sarcasm. We're starting to bring in better talent (if they stick). "3*U" jokes aren't quite as relevant as they were (hopefully). If the credit card crap gets as bad as some are predicting, then belay my last, LCDR!

Master Chief, stand at parade rest while you're counting those chickens that haven't hatched!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Master Chief, stand at parade rest while you're counting those chickens that haven't hatched!

Sir! I acknowledged they have to stick. My point is we're gaining the attention of bigger studs. Still have to close the deal, though.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sir! I acknowledged they have to stick. My point is we're gaining the attention of bigger studs. Still have to close the deal, though.

Well, my sarcastic response was basically what we literally read here for the first 2+ years, "Oh, look! One of our 3-stars played well! See, stars don't matter! Our coaches are such great evaluaters!!" But I like when a MC calls me sir!! (we have a newly advanced MC in my office, we just reported in....he's at Petaluma right now for leadership school).

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Well, my sarcastic response was basically what we literally read here for the first 2+ years, "Oh, look! One of our 3-stars played well! See, stars don't matter! Our coaches are such great evaluaters!!" But I like when a MC calls me sir!! (we have a newly advanced MC in my office, we just reported in....he's at Petaluma right now for leadership school).

You gave me quite the enthusiastic MC-worthy birthday greeting last month, so I figured I owed you one.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's what FSU gives out.
image.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
do you know what a small degree means?
2006 had great talent everywhere, a great defense, great STs, and a fvkked OC who had no idea what to do with a passing QB and WRs. I cant think of ANYthing similiar, other than the color of the uniforms (sort of), and that both teams have a fvkked up OC.

There is probably no team in the SEC other than Mizzu who reminds me less of our 06 Gators.

So tell me what SMALL degree you see.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2006 had great talent everywhere, a great defense, great STs, and a fvkked OC who had no idea what to do with a passing QB and WRs. I cant think of ANYthing similiar, other than the color of the uniforms (sort of), and that both teams have a fvkked up OC.

There is probably no team in the SEC other than Mizzu who reminds me less of our 06 Gators.

So tell me what SMALL degree you see.
Well you started the list right there. Other than that I see a team pulling together rather than rip apart. Talented and deep DE's (not on the same level as '06), but week DT (Thomas ended up gone mid-season). Outside of the gimme games, most games were played very tight. I can see this team winning more games than you, but they will be tight games as well. This is the primary thing that reminds me of 2006, a group of guys gutting out games for each other.

By no means do I compare this team to the 2006 team, but to a small degree I think there are similarities. I think we can win the East, but not expecting it. If we do win the East, I expect a better showing than the last two years, but nothing very competitive.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the pissing contest, boys!

Here's an article from our favorite rapper, Zach A:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-zachs-mail-stack-091917

Zach’s Mail Stack: Should Florida be worried about WR commit Jacob Copeland?

Should Gator fans be worried about your boy Jacob Copeland

— Sonny Crockett (@GatorCrockettWR) September 19, 2017

Abolverdi: Gator fans — and, more importantly, Florida coaches — always had to worry about Jacob Copeland. His visit to Alabama on Saturday — while concerning — comes as no surprise to the staff or SEC Country.

Heading into the summer, Copeland intended take all five official visits this fall and choose a school at the Under Armour All-America Game. However, his trip to Florida for Friday Night Lights really won him over, and he decided to commit earlier than initially planned.

However, before shooting his commitment video exclusively with SEC Country, Copeland checked with the coaches to make sure he could still visit other schools as a Florida commit. Understandably, they obliged in order to secure his pledge.

You don’t turn down a top-50 overall recruit when he wants to join your class, especially if he’s going to take trips no matter what. The Florida staff has invested more than three years into Copeland’s recruitment, so they’re committed to him at this point — regardless of where he’s at with his process.

Until Copeland is signed, sealed and delivered, his commitment will be cause for concern with Nick Saban on his trail. That being said, I expect Copeland to stick with the Gators because of his relationship with the staff and attachment to the football program. Alabama recruiting reporter Chris Kirschner of SEC Country concurs (read more).

How many of the American heritage players do we have a real chance at?

— Ricardo Bowen (@rickybow001) September 19, 2017

Abolverdi: The Gators signed a trio of American Heritage players in the Class of 2017, and the defending Class 5A state champions have another crop of seniors with interest in Florida.

The Patriots boast a pair of 5-star cornerbacks in Tyson Campbell and Patrick Surtain Jr., who is the nation’s No. 1-ranked player at his position and visited Florida last Saturday.

The Gators made a move for Surtain and pulled even with LSU, but they still have ground to make up with Campbell. Florida is hoping to get Campbell and Surtain for the LSU game, but it would be somewhat of a recruiting upset for either of those corners to end up in Gainesville.

I expect the Gators land to 4-star defensive end Andrew Chatfield and 4-star wide receiver Anthony Schwartz, who has been favoring Florida since the spring and now plans to make commit after his senior season (read more). Chatfield doesn’t want to rush into another decision after de-committing from Ohio State, but the Gators are considered the team to beat at this time.

A fifth player from the school, 4-star defensive tackle Nesta Silvera, is also a UF target. He’s committed to Miami and claims to be solid with the Hurricanes, but the Florida coaches are still recruiting him and trying to secure an official visit.

IF the 9 suspended players are eventually kicked off the team, how does that impact the 2017 recruiting strategy, numbers we can sign, etc.

— Hans Hurst (@Hurstie1) September 19, 2017

Abolverdi: The Gators now have 82 recruited players on scholarship and have 12 seniors this year. Florida will likely sign 23-24 players in the 2018 class, but that number would increase of any suspended players are dismissed.

The coaches had already been recruiting with the expectation that Antonio Callaway and Jordan Scarlett would turn pro as juniors, so they will sign a pair of running backs and 5-6 wide receivers as planned.

The other players are linemen and linebackers. If any of those five guys become casualties, the Gators will need to replace those numbers through recruiting. Florida’s O-line targets, Oregon DE commit Malcolm Lamar and 4-star linebacker Channing Tindall are now even bigger targets with the uncertainty surrounding the suspensions.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
4-star LB Richard Jibunor: ‘Florida is where my heart is’

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-richard-jibunor

Gators in play for LB Richard Jibunor
Short of committing or naming Florida his leader, Richard Jibunor’s visit Saturday couldn’t have went better for the Gators.

The 4-star linebacker/athlete from Athens, Ga., visited UF for the first time last weekend, witnessing Florida’s miraculous 26-20 win over Tennessee.

“It was a good game to really see how well they can play,” Jibunor said. “I was really impressed with the way they were playing. The environment was awesome. I’ve really heard a lot about Florida, but today I got to see how pretty the place is.

“The atmosphere was crazy. The coach told me that most of their fans weren’t here because of the hurricane. But despite that fact, it was very, very awesome. I definitely will be back soon.”

DSC_0569_y5ldeh.jpg

Richard Jibunor is ranked the nation’s No. 14 athlete and No. 288 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite. (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)
Not only did the Gators secure a return trip, but they’re now one of Jibunor’s top teams.

“Florida is definitely one of the schools I’m really considering,” said Jibunor, who is also high on Auburn and Tennessee. “Florida is definitely in my top 3 schools. Florida is where my heart is. Florida is definitely top 3.”

Jibunor received an offer from the Gators on May 25 and linebackers coach Tim Skipper is his primary recruiter. The 6-foot-3, 206-pound athlete enjoyed spending time with Skipper last Saturday and watching his young position group in action.

“They played well,” Jibunor said. “It showed they really have a good coaching instructor and they really play with their heart. Those are the kind of players I love. … There’s an opportunity for anybody who’s ready to walk in and play.

“The coaches been trying to get me down for a long time now. They were just excited, trying to get me to commit and everything. But it’s part of the game and I can’t wait to do that. I like it.”

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
247 got a corral quote on the offense anybody want to take the bullet and give us some quotes?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I love that hairstyle on Jibunor...........I think dumper comments should be banned in recruiting threads..............specially ones about good kids pumping Fla

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gators commit Matt Coral: ‘High chance’ Florida lands 5-star WR Jalen Hall

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-corral-jalen-hall

5-star WR Jalen Hall considering Florida
Long Beach Poly High School is known for producing some of the top high school players in the state of California, and the Jackrabbits have a dynamic duo on offense this year.

Florida quarterback commit Matt Corral and 5-star wide receiver Jalen Hall lead the passing attack for Long Beach Poly, and that connection could continue in college.

Corral and Hall were presented with their U.S. Army All-American jerseys this week. Following the ceremony, Corral told USA Today Sports an interesting tidbit about he and Hall.

“I think there’s a high chance we’ll be going to college together,” Corral said. To read the full article, click here.

Congratulations to @corral_matt and @FutureOfFig on making it into the US Army All American Bowl ✌✌ pic.twitter.com/2eXuWluWSM

— L.B. Poly Athletics (@LBPolyAthletics) September 20, 2017

SEC Country has yet to speak with Corral and Hall about the likelihood of them attending Florida, but it’s been in the works for a couple months.

Hall began strongly considering the Gators after Corral’s commitment at Friday Night Lights, and the two of them plan to visit Florida some time this fall.

UF will need to knock Hall’s trip out of the park in order to catch Southern Cal, but the opportunity to play with Corral has gotten the Gators a seat — and a hat — at the table.

“To have a great quarterback like Matt, who’s a great person on and off the field, it adds something special,” Hall told USA Today Sports.

The top-50 overall recruits both transferred to Long Beach Poly prior to their senior year and have quickly hit it off, according to Corral.

“It’s ridiculous to have a player and guy like that,” he said of Hall. “I’ve been cool with Jalen, just saying ‘what’s up’ to each other at camps. But I’ve gotten to know him more, and the kid’s like my brother now.”

Hall is ranked the nation’s No. 5 wide receiver and No. 24 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite. Corral is the No. 3 pro-style quarterback and No. 32 recruit nationally.

Florida has four commits at the receiver position, along with 3-star athlete Jalynn Williams. The Gators currently lead for 4-star WR Anthony Schwartz (read more).

UF commit Ja’Marr Chase solid with Gators

Corral is Florida’s highest-rated commit and indicated Wednesday his pledge remains firm.

As is the case with 4-star wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase, one of the top commits in the Gators’ No.7-ranked class. Like Corral, Chase also had his All-American ceremony this week.

After receiving his Under Armour jersey, the top-100 WR told a group of reporters he’s still solid with the Gators.

“I’m staying with Florida until my mind changes, but I don’t think my mind is going to change,” Chase said, according to a story from The Advocate.

That being said, Chase still has LSU and TCU official visits planned — in addition to Florida — and won’t exercise the new early signing period so he can take those trips.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Dominoes fall when you get real talent to commit. But I guess its time now for the obligatory "what hs kid would want to come to this shT storm program?" you know what..........leave that sh#t in the hater threads.............yeah, Im talking to
367b2e86-f2d0-4147-895b-c4dc7abc595c.jpeg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dominoes fall when you get real talent to commit. But I guess its time now for the obligatory "what hs kid would want to come to this shT storm program?" you know what..........leave that sh#t in the hater threads.............yeah, Im talking to
367b2e86-f2d0-4147-895b-c4dc7abc595c.jpeg

Dude, WTF are you talking about? Are there negative comments in much of this thread? This is the 2nd post suggesting as much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb