:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please keep going. I'm enjoying this.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm enjoying getting the exact reactions I knew I would get out of you. I'm also enjoying WVU being 0-1.
My friend, I could not possibly care less if WVU went 0-12. I'm not a WVU fan, I just like Grier and enjoy watching him play. Nothing more, nothing less. He made a mistake here, but should have been given another chance like everyone else on the damn team who screws up. It sucks.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My friend, I could not possibly care less if WVU went 0-12. I'm not a WVU fan, I just like Grier and enjoy watching him play. Nothing more, nothing less. He made a mistake here, but should have been given another chance like everyone else on the damn team who screws up. It sucks.
He's the one who left. Maybe he shouldn't have gotten himself suspended for a year. And don't lie, you have a shrine with a Will Grier hair doll next to your bed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He's the one who left. Maybe he shouldn't have gotten himself suspended for a year. And don't lie, you have a shrine with a Will Grier hair doll next to your bed.
Right next to my Urban Meyer shrine?

Keep in mind that the primary reason I still admire Meyer and Grier is that they were GATORS once. That does matter to me, no matter how poor of a fan you think I am. You think I would give a crap about Grier if UWV had recruited him?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And if we're going to play the "if" game, if Tech's kicker doesn't choke on two chip shot field goals, Grier's UF QB numbers wouldn't have even had a chance to lose on a dropped pass. Etch that 13 point loss into "West Virginia football lore."

Oh, brother. :lol:

A couple things you probably need reminding of.

1) The QB doesn't play defense
2) The QB doesn't catch the ball
3) Even without the game-tying TD, Grier's performance still etches his name into West Virginia lore. I know. Oliver Luck called me after the game.

BTW, all these references to "UF QB numbers." Are you saying you'd just as soon have Franks/Zaire/Del Rio as Grier? You can go on record now if you want.

Also, Sas, do you remember the time seven years ago on SBL when you flamed out over my referring to Emmanuel Moody as a "waste of a running back"? You penned a several paragraph indignant response about how college athletes sacrificed their time and effort, how they were not worthy of being put down with such harsh rhetoric, blah, blah, blah. You were so pissed over it that you left the board for about two weeks. :lol:

So now we hear time and again from you that Grier is a cokehead. Is Emmanuel Moody deserving of more respect than Will Grier, and esp because he's black?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Right next to my Urban Meyer shrine?

Keep in mind that the primary reason I still admire Meyer and Grier is that they were GATORS once. That does matter to me, no matter how poor of a fan you think I am. You think I would give a crap about Grier if UWV had recruited him?
How do you feel about Driskel? Treon? Muschamp? Zook? All Gators once. And come on, man, it's WVU.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, brother. :lol:

A couple things you probably need reminding of.

1) The QB doesn't play defense
2) The QB doesn't catch the ball
3) Even without the game-tying TD, Grier's performance still etches his name into West Virginia lore. I know. Oliver Luck called me after the game.

BTW, all these references to "UF QB numbers." Are you saying you'd just as soon have Franks/Zaire/Del Rio as Grier? You can go on record now if you want.

Also, Sas, do you remember the time seven years ago on SBL when you flamed out over my referring to Emmanuel Moody as a "waste of a running back"? You penned a several paragraph indignant response about how college athletes sacrificed their time and effort, how they were not worthy of being put down with such harsh rhetoric, blah, blah, blah. You were so pissed over it that you left the board for about two weeks. :lol:

So now we hear time and again from you that Grier is a cokehead. Is Emmanuel Moody deserving of more respect than Will Grier, and esp because he's black?
24 points and a loss get you etched in lore? Low standards. I can hear the stories from grandfathers now. "Man, he only managed 24 points and we lost, but he had a GREAT grasp of the offense!"

And Moody was a Gator, Grier isn't. Moody didn't single handedly ruin a season (probably two if you count last year). Grier did. Moody wasn't an immature brat with a helicopter father, Grier is.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How do you feel about Driskel? Treon? Muschamp? Zook? All Gators once. And come on, man, it's WVU.
How do you feel about all the chicks who ditched you for other women?

Puhleeze.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
24 points and a loss get you etched in lore? Low standards.

And Moody was a Gator, Grier isn't. Moody didn't single handedly ruin a season (probably two if you count last year). Grier did. Moody wasn't an immature brat with a helicopter father, Grier is.

It's West Virginia. You mark my word. He'll be running as the GOP candidate for governor after his NFL Hall of Fame career is done.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How do you feel about all the chicks who ditched you for other women?

Puhleeze.
I'm just trying to determine which people who left us in the lurch we're allowed to hate and which ones we still fawn over like they were our own children.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just trying to determine which people who left us in the lurch we're allowed to hate and which ones we still fawn over like they were our own children.

Wait, wasn't the reason Mac was two hours late to the meeting with Grier because he was busy stealing that messiah, Franks, from LSU? What lurch?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
All I know is that Grier is talented to the point to where Mac should have kissed his ass (and his father's) if that's what it took to keep him on. He certainly doesn't mind giving Callaway one hell of a long rope.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Grier played well, but Sas is right. He got his yardage because he's in an offense that allows him to throw the damn ball. Our starting QB (Franks) got to throw the ball all of 9 times because our coaches suck and would rather run into a brick wall over and over and over again than dare trust a QB enough to give him half a chance to win the damn game.

Feleipe Franks, QB FLA 5 9 55.6 75 8.3 34 0 0 1 125.6

He wasn't terrible at all. Our coaches just suck!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Grier played well, but Sas is right. He got his yardage because he's in an offense that allows him to throw the damn ball. Our starting QB (Franks) got to throw the ball all of 9 times because our coaches suck and would rather run into a brick wall over and over and over again than dare trust a QB enough to give him half a chance to win the damn game.

Feleipe Franks, QB FLA 5 9 55.6 75 8.3 34 0 0 1 125.6

He wasn't terrible at all. Our coaches just suck!
I certainly don't dislike Franks. I think he's got great upside with all those physical skills, and I'm glad we've got him, esp now. But compared to Grier? Nada. Not on the same level. Just watch film of each player in the pocket and use film of Grier from 2015 if you have to. Much different reaction.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
24 points and a loss get you etched in lore? Low standards. I can hear the stories from grandfathers now. "Man, he only managed 24 points and we lost, but he had a GREAT grasp of the offense!"

Yeah, it was Grier that single handedly destroyed our program...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator