Will Grier, the legend

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Geez, I thought it was bad when we did the ex-GF syndrome with Urban. This is fooking ridiculous. Would he have these numbers in the SEC?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Geez, I thought it was bad when we did the ex-GF syndrome with Urban. This is fooking ridiculous. Would he have these numbers in the SEC?
Maybe a better question would be would any of our current QBs be able to go to WVU and put up Grier's numbers?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe a better question would be would any of our current QBs be able to go to WVU and put up Grier's numbers?

I doubt it but Driskel had a 4,000 yard season at La Tech so you never know.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

OK maybe bit of a stretch. Nevertheless, look at our history with our sub-performing QBs after they transfer. Of course, part of it may be our shaky OLs. But mostly it's because the SEC is still a defense-dominant league and QBs here just can't thrive on being in "air-raid" offenses.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OK maybe bit of a stretch. Nevertheless, look at our history with our sub-performing QBs after they transfer. Of course, part of it may be our shaky OLs. But mostly it's because the SEC is still a defense-dominant league and QBs here just can't thrive on being in "air-raid" offenses.
The thing is that anybody can watch Grier and see how he actually throws the ball and realize that this isn't your average QB. Its obvious.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Grier and his father annoyed me for sure but I still wish was here and without a good quarterback you're not going anywhere.

I have seen enough QBs regress under this staff to not know that it is not only possible had Grier stayed here that he would not be the QB he is at UWVa but he might be a worse QB than he was when he left here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The thing is that anybody can watch Grier and see how he actually throws the ball and realize that this isn't your average QB. Its obvious.
Bingo. Gator Fever probably hasn't watched him take a snap at WVU. The guy has total command of the field and has an arrogance that his teammates eat up.

You should also keep in mind that this guy only has 12 starts to his name. He's going to get better, and will certainly be playing on Sundays.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Regardless if he was playing here under the crappy coaching or not he is head and shoulders above ANYTHING IN THE SEC right now except Hurtz. And we would be 6-0 right now. We would have also beat Arky and FSU last year after he would have returned which would of made us a top 6-7 team and vaulted our recruiting into a top 3 or 4 class....Some of you guys need to take into account the cumulative effect that a stud QB has on all aspects of a program....Would the 07-09 run have happened without Tebow.....NO.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Regardless if he was playing here under the crappy coaching or not he is head and shoulders above ANYTHING IN THE SEC right now except Hurtz. And we would be 6-0 right now. We would have also beat Arky and FSU last year after he would have returned which would of made us a top 6-7 team and vaulted our recruiting into a top 3 or 4 class....Some of you guys need to take into account the cumulative effect that a stud QB has on all aspects of a program....Would the 07-09 run have happened without Tebow.....NO.
As much as I like Grier as a QB, I wouldn't trust this coaching staff to use him properly. I doubt we'd be undefeated with him. Transferring was the best decision he ever made and it's a decision that's going to make him additional millions in his NFL career.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
As much as I like Grier as a QB, I wouldn't trust this coaching staff to use him properly. I doubt we'd be undefeated with him. Transferring was the best decision he ever made and it's a decision that's going to make him additional millions in his NFL career.
I beg to differ. We've had a half dozen plays in each game where Franks didn't see wide open TD's.....If he does we're 6-0 easily......Grier doesn't miss seeing wide open guys....WVU also doesn't utilize Griers running ability. The argument about SEC defenses is also moot. Remember 3 years ago when Mizzou had an NFL caliber pass rush and we had the worst offensive line in modern CFB history, Grier single handedly won that game by moving the sticks with his legs.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here you go, Grier leading the nation in touchdown passes by a comfortable margin. He'd have the passing yardage lead, too, if Holgorsen wasn't willing to spice it up on the ground.

Anyone who doubts Mac's buffoonery now is blind.

Screen%20Shot%202017-10-22%20at%208.11.52%20AM_zpso0qh9zoy.png

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014

Your thinking that he would be playing Bama like defenses every week...he wouldn't. I'm sorry but this staff is the reason our QB's have looked like shyt, not the "underperforming QB that can't cut it in the SEC" and isn't the same as the Meyer situation, IMO. As far as I am concerned the Grier situation needs to be brought up every week until this loser of a coach and his staff get shown the door and we get serious about our FB program again. As of now, I think the admin just see's it as another sport and that's BS.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There has never been a school in college football history that has so totally screwed the pooch at the QB position than the University of Florida has in the last 10 years. It's mind boggling how f-d up we've been and what stupid decisions have done to effect our football team year after year.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Grier is a great individual QB. There is something about him I do not like though. Is it a Percy Harvin attitude? I don't know.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I beg to differ. We've had a half dozen plays in each game where Franks didn't see wide open TD's.....If he does we're 6-0 easily......Grier doesn't miss seeing wide open guys....WVU also doesn't utilize Griers running ability. The argument about SEC defenses is also moot. Remember 3 years ago when Mizzou had an NFL caliber pass rush and we had the worst offensive line in modern CFB history, Grier single handedly won that game by moving the sticks with his legs.
Then it's better Grier isn't here. I don't want this staff here any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.