The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I'm watching this ucf- Austin peay game... lots of throws to the flat... nothing over the middle

:eek3:

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't know he went to Mt. Union. I was born and grew up in Alliance, OH. There is not much (if any) lower football than Division III, but there's never been, nor ever will be, a more winning program than Mt. Union. If he learned ANYTHING there and brought it with him, he just moved up my wish list...

And I can't say it enough, the guy played at Mount Union. If there's any college football program at ANY level that knows the process to winning, it's them. He's even said that he pulled a lot of the same things they did at Mount into his coaching strategy at Toledo and ISU.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I'm watching this ucf- Austin peay game... lots of throws to the flat... nothing over the middle

I don't know for sure, but I want our offense to use the talents of the players and the defects of the defense. If that means few if any throws over the middle, then so be it. I seem to remember some blunders that cost us potentially a game because someone threw over the middle, got an int. Not to mention throwing some out routes could have gotten us a FG and another win.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah.... welll... spread horizontal offense isnt my cup of tea but everyone on "the list" runs it.

Watch the ucf/memphis game and you get to see "candidates" on both sides.

Edit: well, except Gundy. Still a spread, still some option, but his is much more vertical (ala Clemson/Rodriguez/ Holgerson).

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think this is the best crop of young HCs that we have seen in a while. This is a really good time to have a coaching change.

That being said, if you can get Kelly, that’s what you do.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah.... welll... soread horizontal offense isnt my cup of tea but everyone on "the list" runs it.

Watch the ucf/memphis game and you get to see "candidates" on both sides.
I don’t mind stretching the field horizontally if we have guys who would actually block and if is what the defense was giving us. I’d take 5yds a pop all day, but when it’s done just for the sake of doing it, it seems gimmicky

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Only thing bad I’ve seen anyone say about Campbell is that he’s got a weird personality that might not always mesh with his superiors

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Frost makes a base of 2 mil a year. Give him 3 mil and take the other 1.5 mil (Mac's difference) add it to the asst salary pool / recruiting budget and lets roll. I would take Chip Kelly but, Im more interested in having a young hungry coach to build our program.

Go Gators!!!

emr25

Nov 18, 2015
Is it just me, or does anyone else think the following is an absolutely realistic scenario?

1. Hire Chip Kelley as soon as possible.
2. Let him go after Justin Fields.
3. Put Justin Fields into the Mariota offense.
4. Win a National Championship within 3 years.

Did I miss anything? Yes I know Corral is a stud and has been the best thing about the 2018 class, but Fields in Chip’s offense has video game stats written all over it.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Is it just me, or does anyone else think the following is an absolutely realistic scenario?

1. Hire Chip Kelley as soon as possible.
2. Let him go after Justin Fields.
3. Put Justin Fields into the Mariota offense.
4. Win a National Championship within 3 years.

Did I miss anything? Yes I know Corral is a stud and has been the best thing about the 2018 class, but Fields in Chip’s offense has video game stats written all over it.

I would be disappointed if we did this, lost Corral and the great class and then didn't get Fields.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We ought to pay UCF’s AD, Daniel White, Mike White’s Brother, $100,000 for his list of potential coaches. He seems to know who
to choose.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Frost makes a base of 2 mil a year. Give him 3 mil and take the other 1.5 mil (Mac's difference) add it to the asst salary pool / recruiting budget and lets roll. I would take Chip Kelly but, Im more interested in having a young hungry coach to build our program.

Go Gators!!!

UCF would match that in a heart beat and raise you. We better open the old check book and do it ASAP. You know some school will.
We really need to be smart and act fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb