Not open for further replies.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Its notnusuallyntje way it works on multiple fronts:

First Frost' next salary will depend on how many teams are vying for him and he seems to be in great demand.

Seocnd, the salary pool for the assistants generally seems to roughly add up to what you pay the HC coach.
That's right. It's going to be whatever the market will bear, as always. If he's interested in Florida, we will have to pay up.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Something to break up the monotony, the fans here in Knoxville think they are getting Gruden based souly on the fact that his in-laws on land in Jefferson County ( close to Kville) and that his wife went to school at EWt. :giggle:
Even an Abomb wouldn't blast Gruden away from the cushy job he has now. Money isn't everything, especially if you have plenty of it. Of course, kissing backsides of a bunch of HS prima donnas might sway him to go to college.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Joe_Vizz1: In Scott Frost's tenure as Oregon's offensive coordinator, the Ducks ranked #2, #3, and #5 in the nation in Total Offense.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
@Joe_Vizz1: In Scott Frost's tenure as Oregon's offensive coordinator, the Ducks ranked #2, #3, and #5 in the nation in Total Offense.

When was this (what years)? Under Chip?

How does that compare to Mac's Offense when OC at Alabama, or Nuss?

Sorry, after getting burned on the MacNuss braintrust, I'm not putting much merit in OC offense rankings under a strong HBC.

ProcrastiGATOR

2019 GatorChatter March Madness Bracket CHAMPION!
Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2015
Bring in Urban after he goes on this three game skid and Columbus flushes him out with tiki torches. We can just crack jokes about Shelly on here, again.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
When was this (what years)? Under Chip?

How does that compare to Mac's Offense when OC at Alabama, or Nuss?

Sorry, after getting burned on the MacNuss braintrust, I'm not putting much merit in OC offense rankings under a strong HBC.

He coached under Kelly and Helfrich. He was the WR's coach, then moved into the OC role.

Obviously no hire is a sure thing, even proven coaches fail when they take over other programs. What works at one school often does not work at another (look at all the Saban-tree failures).

Frost won a national championship in college as a starting QB. He played at Stanford and Nebraska. He played several years in the NFL, on defense. He's been a college OC, DC, and head coach....w/ success. He coaches at a university in the state of Florida (so recruiting won't be as difficult of a transition). He's winning w/ a 5'11 QB. I could go on and on. The only negative w/ Frost is: "he's ONLY been a head coach for 2 years..." Other than that, what's not to like?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just a reminder, Nebraska hired Oregon's ex AD (Moos) to make this hire for them.

Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just can't go with another unproven coach this time (Frost, Norvell, Campbell, etc.). I say, Kelly, Shaw, Gundy. A big established coach will at a minimum get us back into the national conversation again. I couldn't have told you who Frost, Norvell or Campbell were back in August. Just can't take a chance that the stage will be too big for them.
"Established" coaches who have a long history of mediocrity. People keep asking, "What has Frost done?" But what the hell have these coaches done? Gundy = 1 Big 12 championship in 12 years. Milquetoast. All these guys bring is their history of being good enough to keep their jobs. They aren't transformative, which is what UF needs in the worst way.

Frost brings as much, or more, in the way of offensive bonafides as Gundy in that he's done it in less that two years starting with an offense which was dead last. Not just bad, dead last. He took a moribund program, (sound familiar) and brought it to life by transforming the mindset and creating excitement among players, recruits and fans. I can't think of a program in the country that needs that more than Florida.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
"Established" coaches who have a long history of mediocrity. People keep asking, "What has Frost done?" But what the hell have these coaches done? Gundy = 1 Big 12 championship in 12 years. Milquetoast. All these guys bring is their history of being good enough to keep their jobs. They aren't transformative, which is what UF needs in the worst way.

Frost brings as much, or more, in the way of offensive bonafides as Gundy in that he's done it in less that two years starting with an offense which was dead last. Not just bad, dead last. He took a moribund program, (sound familiar) and brought it to life by transforming the mindset and creating excitement among players, recruits and fans. I can't think of a program in the country that needs that more than Florida.

^^^ Listen to this man!!

GatorintheKnox

Masshole
Sep 20, 2015
What happens if it’s not Frost? What if it comes out afterwards that we never even spoke to him and we end up hiring Mullen? I’ve seen coaches searches in the past where everyone has a candidate they love but the school goes another way. I hope Stricklin is hearing the voices of Gator Nation and not just making this decision on his own.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look everyone else is just as frantic about azzholes continually saying Cousin Eddy Mullins.

It wont be him. UAA and everyone in ADs office hates him.

Even if they were to hire him, you could just join me and most Gators in turning it off for three years.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

You are betting on Frost being an NC level coach. Really, what are those odds? There's not much to go on other than a year and a half at UCF, I''l repeat UCF, where he hasn't really been tested in anyway. Projecting what he will be is a crap shoot. who has better odds? A consistent 10 game winner form a 2nd tier P5 school or an unproven up and comer from a G5 school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator