NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
Say Done Deal one more time!

hqdefault.jpg

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
If they can somehow get Frost to agree on a deal, I want it announced as soon as possible. Got to salvage as much of this recruiting class that we can.
Agree. Hopefully Stricklin learns how this goes. UCLA fired Mora and hired Chip 5 days later. That's how you get what you want. IMO, we either hire Frost by Tuesday or he isn't coming. No more of this vetting crap. Find out during the first meeting if the guy would come if both sides agree to terms. Then you begin negotiations.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm starting to get a sick feeling that Scott Strickland is the head clown in the UAA amateur hour. Whenever I Google individual coaches to gauge media trends the only coaches I see linked to the UF search are Frost, Taggart, Strong, and now Sumlin. Seriously. There is Frost and a trioka of losers. Strong got SERIOUSLY lucky and stumbled into Louisville with Bridgewater and Flowers at USF. Other than that he's done NOTHING of note as a head coach. Then there is Taggart at Oregon [who obviously thinks putting up 69 points on a 1-10 team MEANS something. The only thing it means is a lack of class.], then there is Sumlin who is about to get lit up with a pink slip. Seriously, this is what Strickland is "targeting?" I did read on "Only Gators" that Dana Holgorsen and Justin Fuente are possible targets. Fuente has an impossible buy out while Holgorsen had the former Gator Will Grier. Other than Frost none of these candidates seem reasonable or even good fits for UF. How Norvell isn't on this list with Chad Morris or even Matt Campbell is beyond me. But yeah, its starting to look like amateur hour here and we are going to wind up with a desperate pick from a candidate pool of "never will be's"and watch a laughable presser where Strickland tries to convince Gator Nation he has the pick of the century. Meanwhile champagne corks will be heard popping in Athens, Tallahassee, Knoxville, and Tuscaloosa because the Swamp will = sure road trip victories.

I'm going to be sick.

brittanygator

Nov 25, 2017
I'm starting to get a sick feeling that Scott Strickland is the head clown in the UAA amateur hour. Whenever I Google individual coaches to gauge media trends the only coaches I see linked to the UF search are Frost, Taggart, Strong, and now Sumlin. Seriously. There is Frost and a trioka of losers. Strong got SERIOUSLY lucky and stumbled into Louisville with Bridgewater and Flowers at USF. Other than that he's done NOTHING of note as a head coach. Then there is Taggart at Oregon [who obviously thinks putting up 69 points on a 1-10 team MEANS something. The only thing it means is a lack of class.], then there is Sumlin who is about to get lit up with a pink slip. Seriously, this is what Strickland is "targeting?" I did read on "Only Gators" that Dana Holgorsen and Justin Fuente are possible targets. Fuente has an impossible buy out while Holgorsen had the former Gator Will Grier. Other than Frost none of these candidates seem reasonable or even good fits for UF. How Norvell isn't on this list with Chad Morris or even Matt Campbell is beyond me. But yeah, its starting to look like amateur hour here and we are going to wind up with a desperate pick from a candidate pool of "never will be's"and watch a laughable presser where Strickland tries to convince Gator Nation he has the pick of the century. Meanwhile champagne corks will be heard popping in Athens, Tallahassee, Knoxville, and Tuscaloosa because the Swamp will = sure road trip victories.

I'm going to be sick.

Yeah, I'm getting a really negative feeling about this whole thing now. I really believe frost will head back to his Alma Mater, and who can really blame him? He played there. Sounds like Norvell isn't going to happen either. I think Strong or Taggert would be huge mistakes. UF may not even be repairable if those guys are handed the keys. I don't even know where we turn from here. It just seems sort of like a lost situation to me.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, I'm getting a really negative feeling about this whole thing now. I really believe frost will head back to his Alma Mater, and who can really blame him? He played there. Sounds like Norvell isn't going to happen either. I think Strong or Taggert would be huge mistakes. UF may not even be repairable if those guys are handed the keys. I don't even know where we turn from here. It just seems sort of like a lost situation to me.

Absolutely. Strong coming here would be like when he left Louisville. We're the new Texas and it would be a disaster.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator