Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'll say it again: knock this crap off. No reason to turn on each other over this nightmare.

If you can't handle it, step away from the keyboard for a bit.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well, he beat the hell out of LSU & they damn near beat Bama with their 2nd string QB. So, I guess your right......

No. That's not me talking. That's the 33-39 SEC record talking. Good God, this guy is 1970's retro offense. Gator nation is going to break their jaws yawning at the stuff EVERYONE else can figure out.....

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Live look at the SEC Coaching Carousel:

Tennessee: Currently losing their ish because they’re not getting Mullen

MS State: Currently losing their ish because they’re losing Mullen.

Florida: Currently losing their ish because they’re getting Mullen.

Pretty funny tweet

ccsdk

True Gator
Nov 12, 2017
Agreed. Dan Mullen's Mississippi State teams were not as good as Alabama, LSU, and Auburn during the same time frame. BREAKING NEWS: Mississippi State is not as good as Alabama, LSU, and Auburn. How many games should he reasonable have been expected to win? Like I mentioned earlier, MSU had won only 37 games in the nine years before Mullen got there and he won 69. How did he do it? Luck?

I understand wanting Chip Kelly or Scott Frost but both of them chose other schools instead of Florida. Be pissed that the University of Florida gets passed over for UCLA. Be pissed that the University of Florida can't get the UCF coach to even interview. Don't make up arguments as to why Dan Mullen can't coach.
Yes you are right he did improve MState, but for 9 years he could not get over the hump. Good coaches can do that, great coaches do better and sooner, thats what we are looking for. Its clear that DM will be ok but will never break through. 7 million dollars buys us mediocrity.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Geez, dude, he's only trying to be logical about the whole thing. Excitement is one thing, results is another.
Results? Like Mullen losing nearly every game to a ranked team while at Miss State. No way anybody can say this is a good hire. This is worse than the muschamp or mcelwain hires because this guy has a well known track record of losing and the fan base hates him. It was the worst choice possible. Seriously Kiffen, Petrino, anybody with any baggage would've been a better choice. I'd take dozens of guys over Mullen.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Results? Like Mullen losing nearly every game to a ranked team while at Miss State. No way anybody can say this is a good hire. This is worse than the muschamp or mcelwain hires because this guy has a well known track record of losing and the fan base hates him. It was the worst choice possible. Seriously Kiffen, Petrino, anybody with any baggage would've been a better choice. I'd take dozens of guys over Mullen.

Dude, did it occur to you that the ranked opponents were mainly SEC West opponents and that there's no shame in that when you're recruiting for f*king MSU? Give the guy a chance recruiting this state as Florida's coach.

Big Wave

Nov 26, 2017
Long time lurker here. I wanted to run this up the flagpole.

I'm not a huge fan of the hire, but it's what I've expected from day one, so I've wrapped my head around it. Allow me to make the case.

1. Meyer's pre-UF success involved a partnership with Mullen. Impressive records, offenses, QBs.
2. He was UF's OC for four seasons. Offense improved every year.
2005-Early struggles, Leak is not an option QB, Mullen cobbles together some solutions, Outback Bowl, success.
2006-Mullen recruits/develops the GOAT option QB and weaves him expertly into a hybrid offense of his own design, natty.
2007-Mullen's QB in full control, record setting offense, Heisman.
2008-Offense is a runaway train, should've been another Heisman, natty.
3. The moment Mullen leaves UF the offense, even with TT at the helm, regresses.
4. Mullen has elevated MSU and probably reached that program's ceiling. I haven't researched this assertion, and I'm open to being proven wrong. It feels like he has made them a consistent top 25 team. I don't believe they ever were before. He has found and developed QBs that weren't can't miss 5 stars.

That's my argument. I could name five guys I would be more excited about, but I'm going to jump on the CDM train and hope it goes back to the promised land. Unfortunately, I don't think we're likely to know for two years. Oh well.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

The NFL part I agree with, but he may go back to his college offense that worked st Oregon.

Both are spread offenses that thrive on having a dual threat QB. I know there are differences, but “miles apart”... not at all

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No. That's not me talking. That's the 33-39 SEC record talking. Good God, this guy is 1970's retro offense. Gator nation is going to break their jaws yawning at the stuff EVERYONE else can figure out.....

Try to take a breath friend! We’ll survive... in all kinds of weather. Hey, I’m the guy people ridiculed for suggesting we beg SOS to step in for a year or so to calm the waters & provide the opportunity for us to select the right guy to be the next coach.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I'm not a huge fan of the hire, but it's what I've expected from day one, so I've wrapped my head around it. Allow me to make the case.

1. Meyer's pre-UF success involved a partnership with Mullen. Impressive records, offenses, QBs.
2005-Early struggles, Leak is not an option QB, Mullen cobbles together some solutions, Outback Bowl, success.
2006-Mullen recruits/develops the GOAT option QB and weaves him expertly into a hybrid offense of his own design, natty.
3. The moment Mullen leaves UF the offense, even with TT at the helm, regresses.
4. Mullen has elevated MSU and probably reached that program's ceiling. I haven't researched this assertion, and I'm open to being proven wrong. It feels like he has made them a consistent top 25 team. I don't believe they ever were before. He has found and developed QBs that weren't can't miss 5 stars.

That's my argument. I could name five guys I would be more excited about, but I'm going to jump on the CDM train and hope it goes back to the promised land. Unfortunately, I don't think we're likely to know for two years. Oh well.

Great post.. you should post more

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Now imagine filling the spread positions with Florida athletes? This could actually turn out better than we expect.

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017
Very well thought out and eloquent response. I’m guessing you don’tike the Mullen hire. Fans like you are useless and a burden on Gator Nation.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Dude, did it occur to you that the ranked opponents were mainly SEC West opponents and that there's no shame in that when you're recruiting for f*king MSU? Give the guy a chance recruiting this state as Florida's coach.
This isn't an excuse. If he wasn't a Loser he would have won SOME of those games. He's 1-26!! ONE WIN AND TWENTY SIX LOSSES vs top 25. Dude...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Fact: He recruited Prescott. Fact: You're always gonna be at a disadvantage competing in the SEC West as Mississippi State.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Is it really $7,000,000 per year!? For that coin, we should have asked Dan Quinn.

We could have gotten a BIG TIME name, not .500 in SEC and dig $hit against ranked teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.