Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I want Mullinz to succeed. I admit he is really growing in me. We MUST give him the help he needs, namely a staff that can recruit.

giphy.gif

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

First part of my statement may be a straw man (I apologize) but the second part clearly was not. Mullen did better at MSU 7 of 9 years than morehead is doing in his second class, the bump class you guys keep hitting Mullen on. Yet you call it amazing? Fail to see it.

And don’t think Champs second class is a fair comparison. Florida’s star was still burning bright at that point from the Meyer years but Mullen is dealing with the aftermath of two straight dumpster fire coaches.

We are absolutely going to load out on three stars and we are already doing. Im guessing 80%. Hell, our big news of the last six months is getting a pledge from a walkon.

You guys REALLY dont see a problem here? REALLY?

We need about 35 in this class. I just dont see it happening.

And some argue there isnt a problem with our recruiters? :lmao2: yeah...ok.

Guess I’m more hopeful at this point? And read what I’ve written, repeatedly. I don’t think recruiting is where it needs to be but I’m in wait in see mode - not in circle jerk of negativity mode before ESD mode. I even said I’d bray with you if this class sucks (FTR, if we load out on 3 stars, that will suck).

I don’t think we can sign more than 25 any more, even counting back. Could be wrong but I thought they passed a rule on that.

Again, don’t disagree. English needs to be gone ASAP. Probably a couple others but I doubt that happens.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017

Your reasoning here is fallacious because Mississippi and Florida have roughly the same amount of talent in state this year. Next year will be a better indication of Moorehead’s recruiting abilities relative to Mullen when the in state talent in Mississippi regresses back to the mean.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So ESD is only a few days away and lesbi honest, thats when most of the kids are going to sign. All weve gotten in the last few weeks is a prefered walk-on. Last year it was Mullen is gonna bring excitement back and save the class. Class was decent but nothing to flip over, and wasnt full. After that it was, we are saving spots for next year when we sign a monster class and 2019 is much better talent pool. Not much movement up to fall season, talking point was we have to start winning, then theyll come. Now weve won 8 games, are ranked 11 in the playoff poll and still not much at all. So whats gonna be the new excuse if ESD, and worse, if NSD comes and goes and the class is about what it looks like it will be, mediocre and good enough for middle of the pack or worse in just our own conference?

Listen, so far mullen has provided a lot of improvement with the team on and off the field. Not taking that away, but recruiting is another aspect and regardless of how anyone feels about the season, so far recruiting is not good. Its not as bad as butters, but its still no where near what is should be. Not even close. They either fix this mess or the ceiling is 9-10 wins and a lot of late season what ifs from the fan base.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think we can sign more than 25 any more, even counting back. Could be wrong but I thought they passed a rule on that..
Wrong. The new rule is "initial counters" (so transfers are counted too) but count back rules still apply.

The 85 total also still applies of course.

There is also an SEC rule but it too has count backs.

The SID mouthpieces assured us they were saving those empty seats last year for all the blue chippers we would inevitably be lining up this year instead of reaching for 3 stars. We actually could sign close to FORTY because we only signed 17 last year but 7 of those counted back to 2017 so only 10 counted for last class. We could take up to 15 early entrants or transfers who count back if they are on campus here in January. We won't of course. (85 still applies but we should be at least have room for 30, and that is without encouraging all the Butters Specials to return to the little leagues.)

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I didn’t catch the sarcasm. Makes more sense now. And I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone say that it was hard to recruit at MSU at the level Mullen did. He built a program capable of winning that was consistently better than years past but that’s program wide - not specific to recruiting. Seems like a straw man. What I have seen repeatedly stated is that it’s hard to recruit at MSU because Starkville sucks.

Not disputing anything in the second paragraph. Not ready to call it a **** show but it definitely needs to improve quickly.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I'm the same way.
Not that I care when others do it, I just prefer referring to people by their name. I'm also not wasting energy on coming up with clever nicknames for our rivals.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

I'm the same way.
Not that I care when others do it, I just prefer referring to people by their name. I'm also not wasting energy on coming up with clever nicknames for our rivals.

No excuse.
You can call Chump a million things but never Champ, not on this board, not on my watch.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I just looked at the recruiting rankings and our commits. 24th, 8- 4 stars, 7- three stars. A month before early signing day. It looks like a bust. Mullen is a better coach than the prior two, but it looks like he and his staff suck at recruiting.
Think someone said that when he was hired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator