Gator Baseball Gator Baseball: UF vs. Georgia

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yes I know it is very early in the week and we have a midweek tilt against USF, but I am going to be out of town with very limited time and access. So I wanted to put it up and hopefully you guys will carry the torch this weekend. UF plays hosts to a ranked UGA team with a 15-9 SEC record, 3 games behind UF in the East at 18-6. I am very surprised at being 18-6 at this point given the league, but am equally surprised that UGA sits at 15-9. They have been horrendous for years and tho we thought they would be improved, they arguably are the biggest surprise in the SEC this year. UF comes off another series win by taking 2 of 3 at A&M. Starting pitching from Singer and Kowar was great and Leftwich threw strikes. UGA comes to town after sweeping Mizzou on the road. Mizzou is not great, but I saw them at the MAC and they do have very good starting pitching, so that was an impressive weekend for UGA. Hope the park is full for all 3 games and we can earn our 9th consecutive conference series win on the season. Go Gators!

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Never fear, I am making the trip down for the series from Winder, looking forward to it...

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I swear, 812 has an alarm that every time uga is mentioned it goes off so he can give a F uga.

That's A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!! I like it.

I say we hold form as we have the last few weeks and take 2 of 3, but we could easily sweep them as well at home.
Season's ending and I see no reason to let them back into the Conference race. Finish 'em off boys.

go :chomp: - whip the pups

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Great win. Georgia can swing the bats and all the little things went against us most of the game. But Bell & Horvath came up big in the 9th and then our main guys delivered. Super!!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Well, we are up 3-1 and Kowar struck out 6 in a row. But the team is really sloppy. Reese two errors. Kowar's go to pitch is a big curve.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Georgia left their talented freshman pitcher in there 1 inning too long. Reese has gotten shaky in the filed of late, but his grand slam today broke it open. JJ is seeing and hitting everything the last couple of weeks and Kowar gave an excellent 7 innings today.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Georgia left their talented freshman pitcher in there 1 inning too long. Reese has gotten shaky in the filed of late, but his grand slam today broke it open. JJ is seeing and hitting everything the last couple of weeks and Kowar gave an excellent 7 innings today.

That Salami by Reese was a moon shot!!

Nothing quite like winning a championship at the expense of your most hated rival.

F V C K Georgia!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Nice going guys. Thanx for carrying the torch. Was able to see much of game today b/c it was on real TV. Have 4 games and a meaningless SEC tourney (for us) to get pitching set up. WE need to tighten up the small things. Base running has been terrible these 2 games, tho did not hurt us. Reese's defense is dumbfounding and sadly we all know JJ is not a top line catcher but it really showed these 2 days. But JJ is swinging a beautiful bat right now, so I will take that trade. 9 of 9 in SEC series this year. That is NOT normal or easy.

BTW I thought I head a mention today about a small medical condition regarding Dyson's arm or shoulder? I know he has a mental issue right now, but can anyone confirm the physical issue?

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Nice going guys. Thanx for carrying the torch. Was able to see much of game today b/c it was on real TV. Have 4 games and a meaningless SEC tourney (for us) to get pitching set up. WE need to tighten up the small things. Base running has been terrible these 2 games, tho did not hurt us. Reese's defense is dumbfounding and sadly we all know JJ is not a top line catcher but it really showed these 2 days. But JJ is swinging a beautiful bat right now, so I will take that trade. 9 of 9 in SEC series this year. That is NOT normal or easy.

BTW I thought I head a mention today about a small medical condition regarding Dyson's arm or shoulder? I know he has a mental issue right now, but can anyone confirm the physical issue?

Gatorcountry reporting Dyson has a shoulder impingement and had a cortisone shot a few days. Say he could return in 7-10 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb