2 more days of early signing - any possibility of more?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So this period goes through Friday, correct? Should we hope for any more additions or are the extra days just for folks having trouble getting their fax machine working?

Also for the gurus, when are JUCO's allowed to officially sign?

Edit: Thought of another. If Jefferson counted as a recruit in this class, where would we rank?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So this period goes through Friday, correct? Should we hope for any more additions or are the extra days just for folks having trouble getting their fax machine working?

Also for the gurus, when are JUCO's allowed to officially sign?

We signed a JUCO today....so, I'm guessing....today?

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Edit: Thought of another. If Jefferson counted as a recruit in this class, where would we rank?

Jefferson was the 106th or so recruit in 2015 so I just added the 106th player from this year to our class and it puts us at 12th.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Jefferson was the 106th or so recruit in 2015 so I just added the 106th player from this year to our class and it puts us at 12th.
And reality is he has experience, maturity, and S&C since he was the 106th best HS player so he is probably significantly better than that, maybe 50-ish?

When should we find out if he gets his waiver?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I would think that with UF inking a pretty solid class already, UF might be able to put some pressure on Gouraige to jump aboard. Also with a QB signed perhaps UF could interest Copeland.

Jun 2, 2015
You managed to put together the two trashiest things in America in your name huh? Daytona cane? Just saying it makes me think of a 65 yr old lady in a thong bikini. Gross!

Well, Batman, you got one part correct in that I am an old lady (a few months shy of 80) but I can assure you I don't wear thong bikinis. When most people think of Daytona, they think of NASCAR or motorcycles and/or young girls in bikinis on spring break, but guess you are a bit different. Maybe you have lived in Gotham City too long and are somewhat out of touch. Plus, I simply can't imagine why you think my beloved 'Canes are trashy but perhaps you actually meant flashy.

Jun 2, 2015
Ray Finkle & t-gator, thank you for your kind comments. I really enjoy this board and appreciate that you guys let me post. I actually wanted to go the UF, however, in the 50's my parents thought there were too many males @ UF and they wanted me to go to FSU which was the last place I wanted to go to. Thus, ended up at Miami and my late husband was on a football scholarship with the 'Canes. So, I ended up a 'Cane.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We will be top 10 by February. FSU will be top 30

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Welcome gracious Cane Lady. Allow me to remind the whippersnappers that if it weren't for lovely mature ladies they wouldn't even be here.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Ray Finkle & t-gator, thank you for your kind comments. I really enjoy this board and appreciate that you guys let me post. I actually wanted to go the UF, however, in the 50's my parents thought there were too many males @ UF and they wanted me to go to FSU which was the last place I wanted to go to. Thus, ended up at Miami and my late husband was on a football scholarship with the 'Canes. So, I ended up a 'Cane.
I've been a fan of yours since I first arrived at this board. Great backstory - I wondered how you came to post here in first place. Now we know!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
You managed to put together the two trashiest things in America in your name huh? Daytona cane? Just saying it makes me think of a 65 yr old lady in a green thong bikini and an orange Walmart tank top. Gross!

FIFY

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I would think that with UF inking a pretty solid class already, UF might be able to put some pressure on Gouraige to jump aboard. Also with a QB signed perhaps UF could interest Copeland.

Agree and hoping that signing Jones reignites the momentum we had in the summer.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Has anyone seen any recruit reaction to Jones signing with us? I'm hoping it nets us some more skill players and helps lure some remaining elite talent on the defensive side of things. Anthony Swartz in the "Percy Position" anyone? :eek4:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator