Gator Baseball Gator Baseball: #1 overall seed

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think the consensus is that JU is a much better team than Columbia, and that Singer would be more beneficial to be the second day starter.

If UF loses today, he will be starting in an elimination game.

I think it's a good decision. It's the Gator BATS that have to perform better for us to make it to Omaha.

We’ve got Kowar still who is more than capable of handling Jville (if they win). I understand what he’s trying to do, just not a huge fan of looking ahead like that

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This opposing pitcher is ummmm...not good.

If we can’t score 6+ this game, we are in trouble

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
WHY IS REESE AND BELL SWINGING THE BAT WITH A GUY WHO IS NOT THROWING STRIKES!!!!!

Left the bases loaded.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Now I see why sully went with freshmen lol. These opposing pitchers are brutal

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Cardozo just said that in the last 7 games, the Gators have only led in 9 of those innings.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Dalton having a 4 RBI day. Glad to see these bats wake up, even if it is against abysmal pitching.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Is the pitching abysmal because they cant find the zone or just no heat and movement? I always hated batting against a pitcher who could find the plate.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Is the pitching abysmal because they cant find the zone or just no heat and movement? I always hated batting against a pitcher who could find the plate.

Both. Hardest pitch I saw was 89, most sitting mid 80s

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
A sparse crowd today to watch us pummel a terrible Columbia team. Columbia's starter had a weird delivery and threw a lot of junk, but we seemed to have figured him out when they yanked him. Still struggled to get guys home from 3rd base and less that 2 outs. I agree with starting Mace, but he was not good as his location was off. He did not walk a bunch of guys, but they hit him hard. Credit Columbia for not striking out much especially early. Butler was great and help settle things down. With a 6 run lead and 2 innings to play, Sully goes to Kirby MacMullen, which I agreed with b/c Butler threw a ton and I don;t think Sully wanted to use any of his other regulars. Kirby is not great, but he usually can throw strikes. Well as luck would have it, Kirby beaned the 1st two batters, and Sully immediately gave him the hook . so he had to go to Leftwich (who I know he did not want to use), but we tacked on enough runs in the bottom of the 8th so Leftwich only threw one inning.

Takeaways, Mace was no where near his last 3 outings, but Butler was great. Awesome to see Dalton get mulitiple hits, even tho Columbia pitching is terrible. Indy looked much better at plate. Nelly, Bell and Reese were not good at the plate when the game was close. A good start but must play better each game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator