2015 Masters

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Damn. Crenshaw on the 18th gave me some form of an allergic reaction or something.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n207207 said:
Likewise, if a couple of his longer par saves hadn't fallen, it could've been another 73.
You obviously didn't watch. Most of his par putts were tap ins, the long putts were for birdie. I'm not a huge Tiger phan, just a golf phan. Criticism of his play today is unjustified and biased.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Gatorphan;n207244 said:
You obviously didn't watch. Most of his par putts were tap ins, the long putts were for birdie. I'm not a huge Tiger phan, just a golf phan. Criticism of his play today is unjustified and biased.
I don't think anyone was suggesting he totally sucks, just that he is no threat to win this or any major anytime soon. At 12 shots off the lead I don't think he did much to change that opinion.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He's down less than two touchdowns.........anything can happen.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n207244 said:

Dude...step away from the Tiger crotch...

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n207252 said:
I don't think anyone was suggesting he totally sucks, just that he is no threat to win this or any major anytime soon. At 12 shots off the lead I don't think he did much to change that opinion.
I agree with this. I was just saying he played good today. If he'd shot two 69's, he'd be in contention at 6 under.....especially if Jordan S. hadn't gone postal for 36 holes. That being said, I like seeing Speith destroy the field. It's pretty cool.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n207123 said:
TW is the only player on the planet who is accused of ****ting the bed while in 13th place.

That's not why Edrick wet his bed. Remarkably, he was playing under par at the Masters but his thunder was stolen by 21 year old phenom, Gordon Spieth who went out and broke the all time Majors record for 36 holes, 14 under par. Woods is unaccustomed to playing well at the Masters and the Media virtually saying we don't give a ****.

What happened to Ox's main man, Dufner?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n207244 said:

I think every time Tiger has been criticized or even spoken badly of, you've defended it. Just my opinion.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fact of the day: Anyone leading by 5 strokes after 36 has won the Tournament. Will Jordan break this streak or keep it going?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n207303 said:
I think every time Tiger has been criticized or even spoken badly of, you've defended it. Just my opinion.
This is your opinion. I definitely don't hate Tiger. I haven't posted much on the subject. I think the Tiger haters are just as bad as the Tiger lovers. I'm neither, just like to battle haters.

I just didn't think he shat the bed, as it was stated in the early part of the thread. He played good today, that's what I was trying to say. Nothing more, nothing less.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n207244 said:
Originally posted by itsgr82bag8r View Post

Likewise, if a couple of his longer par saves hadn't fallen, it could've been another 73.

Actually, I did watch. If you think canning 10 footers to save par (one prime example was on #17) is representative of a "tap in", then you need to re-evaluate your own thinking. Puhleese.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n207433 said:
Actually, I did watch. If you think canning 10 footers to save par (one prime example was on #17) is representative of a "tap in", then you need to re-evaluate your own thinking. Puhleese.
You're right about 17, but there's 17 other holes my friend. I thought on Thursday he could of scored a few strokes worse if it weren't for the scramble pars, as he only hit 11/18 greens. But yesterday was the opposite, he could of been a couple strokes better. Bottom line he shot 69, that's not imploding. He might over the weekend, he almost did day one, but yesterday he was good.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n207446 said:

You're right about 17, but there's 17 other holes my friend. I thought on Thursday he could of scored a few strokes worse if it weren't for the scramble pars, as he only hit 11/18 greens. But yesterday was the opposite, he could of been a couple strokes better. Bottom line he shot 69, that's not imploding. He might over the weekend, he almost did day one, but yesterday he was good.

Not that facts really matter:

Woods played Friday's round exactly the way he needed to: taking advantage of good breaks and minimizing mistakes. He birdied the first, then bogeyed the sixth, but got back that stroke and one more with birdies on the next two holes. He had but a single birdie on the back nine but managed several long par saves, including a 14-footer on 17 that he used to make routinely and now cards only rarely, .

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-...here-s-nothing-wrong-with-that-214212599.html

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gordon Spieth. Who is this dude? So he's a 21 year old phenom from Texas and playing better than your boy Woods at the same age. The most astonishing story about Spieth's record breaking play in the first two rounds of the Masters is he's putting up these big bang numbers without being a power driving Maestro like Rory or Bubba. Now the whole world awaits how he finishes at Augusta.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n207490 said:

This is not a facts, just another opinion. He eluded to the 17th as you did. I believe this column is where you formed your opinion. Where were many other lengthy par saves? Key word many. Also, it doesn't mention just as many birdie misses and tap ins for par. He hit 14/18 greens, that's a fact. It was solid round, that's what's agreed here.

Here's a more thorough analysis
http://espn.go.com/golf/masters15/story/_/id/12664084/tiger-woods-makes-cut-3-second-round-masters

Quote - If anything, Woods let some opportunities slip on the greens. He had good chances for birdies at the third, fifth, 10th, 12th and 18th holes but also had excellent par-saving putts at the 14th and 17th holes.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n207518 said:

Not that facts really matter:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-d...214212599.html

This is not a facts, just another opinion. He eluded to the 17th as you did. I believe this column is where you formed your opinion. Where were many other lengthy par saves? Key word many. Also, it doesn't mention just as many birdie misses and tap ins for par. He hit 14/18 greens, that's a fact. It was solid round, that's what's agreed here.

Here's a more thorough analysis
http://espn.go.com/golf/masters15/st...-round-masters

Quote - If anything, Woods let some opportunities slip on the greens. He had good chances for birdies at the third, fifth, 10th, 12th and 18th holes but also had excellent par-saving putts at the 14th and 17th holes.

Last edited by Gatorphan; Today, 11:26 AM.

You believe wrong. But, I don't care.

Please, by all means, continue slathering.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n207579 said:

Two opinions, that is all. One just has less hate.

Go Gators!

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n207674 said:
Tiger on fire

Yep. Birdied four out of eight so far. He's really jumped up the leader board to a tie for 6th.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n207600 said:

Two opinions, that is all. One just has less hate.

Go Gators!

No, no hate at all. Just facts.

BTW, he's put together a fantastic round so far. Turned what looked like disaster off the tee on 13 into a birdie. He's making a great move. Too bad he lacks the self-control to not let an f-bomb go on national tv though.

However, unless Spieth collapses everyone's playing for second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.