2015 Masters

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to see lefty in the final pairing tomorrow within three strokes of Spieth. Nothing against Jordan, it'd just be more fun.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just a quick note from the grammar police: There is no such phrase as "could of." Please people....either "could've," or "could have."

Thank you.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Great third round. Spieth, up by 7 strokes going into the last 2 holes, takes a double bogey on 17, then chokes his second shot on 18. It looked like total collapse and the best he could hope for was a bogey, but he gets it together enough to get up and down and save the round and break Tiger's record for lowest score through 54 holes.

Speaking of Woods, all he did was build on yesterday's round and shoot his best round in a major in years. Even with that he is no threat to compete on Sunday. Phil and Rose both look dangerous. How will Spieth handle the pressure? 17 has to be playing over and over in his head. What if he heads into 17 tomorrow with a one stroke lead on Phil? It should be great drama. I'm rooting for the kid.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I too am rooting for the kid. Tiger played very well. Lefty wore his lucky pink short me it paid off.

There will be intense pressure tomorrow.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
NVGator;n207305 said:
Fact of the day: Anyone leading by 5 strokes after 36 has won the Tournament. Will Jordan break this streak or keep it going?
But Nick Faldo came from 6 strokes down after 54 holes to beat Greg Norman in the '96 Masters.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here I go throwing a bone to all the little brown nose Puddy Tat fans. Your old fading balding hero had his first back-to-back sub-70 scores at the Masters since 2005, the last time he donned the green jacket.

Shall I say for all of you.
I'll go ahead and say it. :)

"Tiger's lurking".
Ooooh, that sounds scary.
kitten-scratching.jpg

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with all that is said here. Spieth had a chance to shut the door, but left it slightly open. He's still in control. However, he's never won on the tour after having a 54 hole lead. It could still get interesting tomorrow.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n207814 said:
I agree with all that is said here. Spieth had a chance to shut the door, but left it slightly open. He's still in control. However, he's never won on the tour after having a 54 hole lead. It could still get interesting tomorrow.

I don't like your attitude.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n207823 said:
Why? I want him to win. I just want him to be challenged.

:lol: It's sarcasim. Lighten up.

Man, what's happened to this board?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n207824 said:
:lol: It's sarcasim. Lighten up.

Man, what's happened to this board?

Whiskey is what happened, last night. Apparently all attempts at humor were lost on me.....so says my wife.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Today should be great. I wish they would move Father's Day to this Sunday and all would be perfect. Game of Thrones resuming is icing on the cake.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n207845 said:
Gordon Spieth is now on a record setting pace breaking the 54 hole record at the Masters. Will he have the right stuff to go all the way to break the total Masters record? Its going to be fun watching him going for it.

http://espn.go.com/golf/masters15/st...d-pace-masters

He will have a chance to break the record. As long as no one makes a strong early run at him he may be able to stay relaxed enough to shoot a 3 under or better.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pham was a much better poster on the other board. You know, the guy with the 2 dancing Rasta Guys for an avatar. Now, he's just so... stationary.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n207902 said:
Pham was a much better poster on the other board. You know, the guy with the 2 dancing Rasta Guys for an avatar. Now, he's just so... stationary.
That guy got caught In the spin cycle

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Wow, in Majors since 2001, when leading by 4 strokes or more heading into the final round, only 55% have been able to hold on and win. Rory last went into a final round with a 4 stroke lead only to finish 8th. Had Spieth taken a par on that 17 this thing would be over, instead it is nothing more than a coin flip.

Time to ice down some brew and fire up the Que. Good luck kid. At least he's paired with Rose and not Phil. Should be a little less intimidating.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n207915 said:
Wow, in Majors since 2001, when leading by 4 strokes or more heading into the final round, only 55% have been able to hold on and win. Rory last went into a final round with a 4 stroke lead only to finish 8th. Had Spieth taken a par on that 17 this thing would be over, instead it is nothing more than a coin flip.

Time to ice down some brew and fire up the Que. Good luck kid. At least he's paired with Rose and not Phil. Should be a little less intimidating.

I'd hardly call a 4 shot lead going into the final day at Augusta a "coin flip", but it's still a game for the last two pairings. Strange things can & often do happen on the closing 9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator