2016 Class/Remaining Targets

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This sucks, I hate that FSUX gets his last visit. I hope he is solid to us.
He visits us this weekend, and his visit to FSU has been set up for a while. Apparently, the guy likes to go on OV's...it's probably the food

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I just ran across this info and it's interesting to say the least. Unbelievable!!!!

We had Victor in the bag if we really pushed for him. He tried to commit in December and we told him to wait until his visit to take his pledge, we did this because we were chasing after NCM #1 on our board. Chasing after NCM, a chase in which we were unable to complete. Missing on Vic and NCM forces Stove to be more of a priority than he should be. His parents want him to honor his commitment so admittedly it was an uphill battle from the start, but we should have never been in this position in the first place. Never should have slow played Vic if we weren't absolutely certain we could land a guy higher on our board. Now admittedly we still have a chance to nail one if we pull Cleveland. That's very possible but literally all our eggs are in one basket. We wanted to take two receivers to close out the class and now we are scrambling to get Nixon on campus (after slow playing him when we could have easily gotten a commit in December) to even give us a realistic shot at accomplishing that. I love Swain, I think he's going to be a stud but I just personally have Victor, NCM, Cleveland, Stove rated higher than him.

I think it could have been better managed by the staff!

Not sure how you can manage this any differently unless you always choose to take the safer option. If one recruit says yes and the more desirable player says we'll see and you take the commitment from the lower ranked player just to be sure you get at least one of them you'll most likely end up with a lesser choice.

One of my kids has two job options...one that is clearly the top choice and one less appealing. The lesser job wants an answer before the better job makes a decision. Do they take the sure thing and accept the lesser job or say no to that without knowing that they'll be selected for the more attractive job? I advised them to wait for the option that is really what they want.

Clearly the coaches have taken a risk and are hoping it works out to their advantage. I don't mind them taking that risk.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He visits us this weekend, and his visit to FSU has been set up for a while. Apparently, the guy likes to go on OV's...it's probably the food
Hell yeah...if i were a recruit i'd be lock solid commit to UF and make sure i take all 5 of my officials and really live it up

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure how you can manage this any differently unless you always choose to take the safer option. If one recruit says yes and the more desirable player says we'll see and you take the commitment from the lower ranked player just to be sure you get at least one of them you'll most likely end up with a lesser choice.

One of my kids has two job options...one that is clearly the top choice and one less appealing. The lesser job wants an answer before the better job makes a decision. Do they take the sure thing and accept the lesser job or say no to that without knowing that they'll be selected for the more attractive job? I advised them to wait for the option that is really what they want.

Clearly the coaches have taken a risk and are hoping it works out to their advantage. I don't mind them taking that risk.
With swain and hammonds in the bag they could afford to make the gamble.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is such comedy. We have posters who make comments like 'mac and gang are killing it on the trail' and 'we got this kid in the bag' and 'clearly this staff knows exactly what it's doing' then only a few posts later, the same posters make comments like 'man, what is going on?' and 'we better hang on to this one last guy bc it looks like all the others have spurned us' and 'what the heck was the staff thinking not putting the full court press on sooner?'

:lol2:

It's definitely recruiting season!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
This thread is such comedy. We have posters who make comments like 'mac and gang are killing it on the trail' and 'we got this kid in the bag' and 'clearly this staff knows exactly what it's doing' then only a few posts later, the same posters make comments like 'man, what is going on?' and 'we better hang on to this one last guy bc it looks like all the others have spurned us' and 'what the heck was the staff thinking not putting the full court press on sooner?'

You do realize that the only thing" in my post above"that was written by me we're the first two sentences and the rest was copied and pasted,don't u? If not it's definitely recruiting/RETARD season :lmao2:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You do realize that the only thing" in my post above"that was written by me we're the first two sentences and the rest was copied and pasted,don't u? If not it's definitely recruiting/RETARD season :lmao2:
You do realize there are others on this thread who I am describing don't you? I enjoy your breakdowns on recruiting by the way, but try and remember that you aren't the only one posting in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

... and none of us posters are 17-18 year old kids.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
UGA just offered UF OL commit Jaawon Taylor and he will take an official the 29th.

Kirby must be getting desperate because he's trying to raid our commit list. :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Zach and Andrew both don't believe Cleveland will end up in this class. I wonder what happened? We was trending up with him last week. Either way we have a solid class and have two 4star receivers already on campus. The state is gonna be loaded again next year with receivers so I don't blame them if they save a few spots for next year.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Zach and Andrew both don't believe Cleveland will end up in this class. I wonder what happened? We was trending up with him last week. Either way we have a solid class and have two 4star receivers already on campus. The state is gonna be loaded again next year with receivers so I don't blame them if they save a few spots for next year.
We have a couple of good WR's in Swain & Hammond but Mac sh*t the bed with this WR class,PERIOD!!!! There's no excuse for us not to land a top 100 WR especially when there was 8-10 right in our backyard. We couldn't land ONE,0!!! Inexcusable!!!

Last edited:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have a couple of good WR's in Swain & Hammond but Mac sh*t the bed with this WR class,PERIOD!!!! There's no excuse for us not to land a top 100 WR especially when there was 8-10 right in our backyard. We couldn't land ONE,0!!! Unexcusable!!!
Breath buddy. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb