2016 Class/Remaining Targets

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So were have a #11 class and we suck. Sure one or two here or there would have made it outstanding, but not bad for a 2nd year coach.
The problem is really a combination of things, not just the "#11" part. The difference between #11 and #8 isnt that great at least woth respect to the number of blue chippers. Of course neither is the difference between #11 and #19 or so. Against the teams that embarassed us last year, Nulls and Bammer and aganst LSU and the top Big 10 teams we would have to beat for a title, we fell much farther behind.

We knew we have a massive gap in talent, knew we needed to hire a strong coach who could get us out of the hole quickly, knew we needed to hire great recruiters, knew we needed players whp are ready to play in a hurry, knew we needed a great class like SOS and Meyer (and so many other good coaches) get in their second classes. This just isnt it.

For me the argumet that this is only Mac's second year holds no weight when a second year coach at Meatchicken and a new coach at Ugly dominated us. Hell, a new coach at scUM dominated us in state. There is no excuse.

I truly think Fooley just thinks hiring anyome and any staff to support him is good enough bc "We are Florida." We have been through six uears of "rebuilding" and we are looking at 3-6 more at least.

Last edited:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No. You are very wrong. I am not thrilled. I am pissed. I am pissed that you and your boyfriend don't have the balls to say you were wrong. You insulted me for weeks and now I am back to let you know about it. Mac isn't doing good enough. Say it. I don't want your money. I want you to have the nads to admit that this staff isn't quite up to the task so far.

You've made your point clear. You don't think this class is very good, in my humble opinion I don't think it's a elite class but a pretty good one that filled our needs and some. We also got some really good players from it. This class is nothing to be ashamed of especially considering the team we put on the field the last half of the season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some people want to sit and look at every negative aspect as much as possible. Others want to be positive about stuff, but can still admit they are disappointed with the result. I don't think anybody is thrilled with the results today. I think everybody would like to see a top 5 class, but improvement on the field will help with that and I think we have already seen Mac succeed at that.

WinterGarden Gator

Jan 15, 2015
Some people want to sit and look at every negative aspect as much as possible. Others want to be positive about stuff, but can still admit they are disappointed with the result. I don't think anybody is thrilled with the results today. I think everybody would like to see a top 5 class, but improvement on the field will help with that and I think we have already seen Mac succeed at that.
Best response yet. Well said ATX.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Anybody want to watch Mac's press conference?

Well, he talked a lot about the importance of the EE's. And then the relationships etc we're building with the 2017s and 2018s. Didn't really say much about today's signees, until the Q&A. That may or may not be significant. (Rorschach test on the viewer.)

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you guys are stuck in a complete denial. You're the same people who said give Chump another chance.

If you guys don't think for a moment that recruiting matters, then you're not paying attention. Or you guys aren't real fans and don't really care about the program. I think some of you like the Gators being a mediocre program.

Nobody is saying to fire Mac, but to be happy with this recruiting class and the direction of the program is completely unreasonable. And to say that people should bury their heads in the sand and smile is ridiculous.

Of course some of you will come back and say that you guys are the true fans because you will stay with the sinking ship until it crashes and kills everyone.

There's no doubt that there needs to be a change to either the recruiting strategy, recruiting tactics, or coaches. There needs to be a shake up.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Some of you guys are stuck in a complete denial. You're the same people who said give Chump another chance.

If you guys don't think for a moment that recruiting matters, then you're not paying attention. Or you guys aren't real fans and don't really care about the program. I think some of you like the Gators being a mediocre program.

Nobody is saying to fire Mac, but to be happy with this recruiting class and the direction of the program is completely unreasonable. And to say that people should bury their heads in the sand and smile is ridiculous.

Of course some of you will come back and say that you guys are the true fans because you will stay with the sinking ship until it crashes and kills everyone.

There's no doubt that there needs to be a change to either the recruiting strategy, recruiting tactics, or coaches. There needs to be a shake up.

Funny, I said the exact same things...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
:exactly:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What this year's class does for us is put all the pressure on 2017. If we miss on the next class, we're in deep trouble. In Mac I trust (love the DB coach hire!), but he's out of mulligans now.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

:ugh:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

There's nothing wrong with being positive but it's OK to be realistic as well. For some people to act like being realistic is the same as panicking is a bit ridiculous. Some people are just acting like this is a top tier class.

A perfect example of a reasonable optimist is Jay. He's ever the optimist but he's willing to concede that there needs to be a significant upgrade in the staff's ability to recruit.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's nothing wrong with being positive but it's OK to be realistic as well. For some people to act like being realistic is the same as panicking is a bit ridiculous. Some people are just acting like this is a top tier class.

A perfect example of a reasonable optimist is Jay. He's ever the optimist but he's willing to concede that there needs to be a significant upgrade in the staff's ability to recruit.

I don't see anyone doing that.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
What this year's class does for us is put all the pressure on 2017. If we miss on the next class, we're in deep trouble. In Mac I trust (love the DB coach hire!), but he's out of mulligans now.

the 2016 season could dictate the course of the rest of the decade. the players will have to play their asses off, the coaches will have to be aces, and in the post-season the staff has to bring in one of the best classes UF has seen in a while. this program needs to have a buzz around it so we can start making up the ground on the top tier. 2017 class has got to signal a turn toward real domination on our part. can't be any holes in that signing class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator