2018 over/under win total odds for every SEC team

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Look I know you millennials are very sensitive and think that someone who points out the sun rises in the east and set in the west is a hater and heliophobic, but alas facts are facts. So typing out facts is not bashing, it is looking at the facts.

Personally, if I were to look at the issue you raised, I would have not included the last two Meyer seasons. That would compare Mullen after two years to get his program established to the post Meyer era at UF. My quick calculation on that is that in the last 7 seasons Miss St was 55-35 and 26-30 in the SEC, while UF under Muschamp and McElwain were 52-26 and 33-23 in the SEC. Those are facts. You can offer opinions about the context, SEC West maybe being tougher during part of the time, but then again UF had two coaching change years.

BTW, for any star gazers out there the current Miss. St. roster is composed of players from classes ranked: 36, 18, 24, 28, and 27 while UF's roster is composed of players from classes ranked 9, 21, 12, 11 and 14. Now I am not a star gazer, but I am pretty sure that UF talent is at least as good and likely better than Miss St.

Am I saying UF will win there, no. Am I saying it is not beyond the realm of possibility that UF will win there this season, yes. Am I saying UF coaches are expected to beat Miss St, certainly.

If Miss St is ranked...forgettaboutit. For whatever reason, Dan seems to have a tough time beating ranked teams. It's some ungodly 4-31 or something insane. And no, those aren't all vs Bammer and LSU.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If Miss St is ranked...forgettaboutit. For whatever reason, Dan seems to have a tough time beating ranked teams. It's some ungodly 4-31 or something insane. And no, those aren't all vs Bammer and LSU.
I think 2 of the 4 wins were against Bama.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
It isn't. I don't care what the class rankings say, that Vols roster is garbage.
Well that garbage roster has been in every game against us the past 4 years and even beat us 2 years ago so what does that say about our team. And don't give me the bs that it was all Mac because UT had a terrible coach as well.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Well that garbage roster has been in every game against us the past 4 years and even beat us 2 years ago so what does that say about our team. And don't give me the bs that it was all Mac because UT had a terrible coach as well.

Come on man. I'm saying it is garbage now. Two years ago the Vols had a squad. Butch Jones effed that up and should have been fired for not winning the East with the clearly the best team in the division. The 2018 Vols would get killed the 2016 version. That team stinks like ass and ****

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Come on man. I'm saying it is garbage now. Two years ago the Vols had a squad. Butch Jones effed that up and should have been fired for not winning the East with the clearly the best team in the division. The 2018 Vols would get killed the 2016 version. That team stinks like ass and ****
Fair enough you're allowed to have your own opinion. I'm guessing you think not only it's it a W but it's not a close game then right?

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Fair enough you're allowed to have your own opinion. I'm guessing you think not only it's it a W but it's not a close game then right?

Well even with Feleipe we probably blow them out if Malik doesn't fumble that ball. So yeah I would say no matter who the QB is we win by 17+. John Kelly left early too? Mannnn that team is getting ran. I don't think we are any good but I know that team in Knoxville is pitiful.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Well even with Feleipe we probably blow them out if Malik doesn't fumble that ball. So yeah I would say no matter who the QB is we win by 17+. John Kelly left early too? Mannnn that team is getting ran. I don't think we are any good but I know that team in Knoxville is pitiful.
I hope you're right man but I don't see it going down that way. I could be wrong though but I see a closer game than that.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I just don't understand why everyone on this board just chalks up a W every year for TN. They beat us last year and should have beaten us the year before had Callaway had a normal curl route. Gotta be 95% of curl routes end in less than 15 yards but he took one 60 yards with a minute left. Because of Mac our rosters are very similar to teams like TN, SC, and even Miss St so I wouldn't put a W next to any of those teams in the off season. I'm not saying we lose to all or any but to me they are all toss up games because of Mac

Ok. One of their scores was on a reverse WR throwback to the QB who ran 58 yards. What are the percentages on that? Making key plays and stops down the stretch doesn't equal "should've lost" in my book.

And as someone mentioned, if not for a fluke hustle play by one of their DB's last year, Davis scores and we're up 17 en route to a potential blowout.

I'm not penciling in a win automatically, especially on the road. Like most contests this year, I expect a battle. But based on talent, coaching and mental advantage, we should win this game. Even with our limitations, a loss here would be a huge black eye for this staff.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
3 of the 4 wins came in 2014 when they beat #8 LSU, #6 A&M, and #2 Auburn. All 3 teams finished unranked and had a .500 or worse record in conference that year.

That was the year of the fake number one mid-season ranking. I don't think they count them when they were ranked but if they were ranked at the end of the year but I could be wrong. Either way, it's pathetic. I'm sure it is rationalized away somehow though... that he was handicapped by Miss St and he achieved miraculous things there. No one else could've done any better.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
That was the year of the fake number one mid-season ranking. I don't think they count them when they were ranked but if they were ranked at the end of the year but I could be wrong. Either way, it's pathetic. I'm sure it is rationalized away somehow though... that he was handicapped by Miss St and he achieved miraculous things there. No one else could've done any better.
He played each team in a row and it was within the 1st 5 weeks of the season. They also finished with 3 losses that year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.