2018 Prediction Thread

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
USC and Mizzou as wins but Vandy as a toss-up? Based on home/away or are you seriously wasted? Or (likely) both?

Two reasons for my logic:

(1) Historically, UF has not played well in Nashville, and that game comes after a physical home matchup with LSU.

(2) I believe we will get better as the year progresses, as well as Duncechump being exposed as the fraud he is when the Cocks tank this year, means we'll have a three game win streak heading into Tallacrappy.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Two reasons for my logic:

(1) Historically, UF has not played well in Nashville, and that game comes after a physical home matchup with LSU.

(2) I believe we will get better as the year progresses, as well as Duncechump being exposed as the fraud he is when the Cocks tank this year, means we'll have a three game win streak heading into Tallacrappy.
Yeah...........not buying it. Vandy blows and we have a somewhat competent coaching staff now. They don't. The talent gap is HUUUUUGE. And their tiny, empty stadium will certainly not fan the flames. We'll win that one easily.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is my quandary..... I read almost every post here and the dumpers are more willing, almost joyful, to say that players don't get bigger, stronger, more experienced and just better........ That affects me in a negative way... because I do think most players get better with time, coaching and game experience.

Yes, the wheels may fall off but I think we are in line for marked improvement, even at the QB position. I think hitting the 8 win figure should be the bottom of my expectations with 9 or 10 being possible. If we get there, I will crow about my prediction and if we bomb out "6 or 7 wins", I'll eat crow!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Its all about how we show development throughout the season. We need a better product on the field and hopefully this coaching staff can make a difference. We have been down for so long and it IS time we RISE. 8 wins is not enough for Gator Nation but with this roster its certainly possible. We have to win 10 games or more every year like in the SOS era. Can Mullen do it? Idk, only time will tell. Go Gators!!

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
5-7

Mostly due to the OL/QB play wearing down our defense causing injuries and lack of depth. It's also an entirely new system on both sides of the ball..

CSU- 55-7 hype train starts W
UK- W 34-10
Colo St-L we get caught looking to UT
UT- W We come out focused after an embarrassing loss 24-13
MSU-L their defense is legit 24-10
LSU-L We should've got burrow 27-13
VU- W Turnovers let it be close 17-13
UGA- L. not a chance in hell 34-10
Miz- L Lock exposes our weak secondary due lack of depth 35-27
SCAR-L nail biting loss 17-20
ID-W
FSU- L .Taggart shows why we should've hired him 28-3

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
5-7

Mostly due to the OL/QB play wearing down our defense causing injuries and lack of depth. It's also an entirely new system on both sides of the ball..

UK- W 34-10
ID-W

I thought I was down on this season some. :lol:

You really think Colorado State can pull off a win in that afternoon humidity in the Swamp? Those teams usually fall apart in those circumstances coming from out West. That would take Franks putting on a show that rivaled his performance in the FSU game last season.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
5-7

UK- W 34-10
ID-W
53384886.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sometimes I wonder if Omar is just that stupid or is he just effing with us

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We’re in trouble if a 6 million dollar coach can’t double our win total from last season....
Any coach should average 8 wins, even Chimp and McElstain did.

Hopefully a guy who is getting paid like a top 10 coach puts a top 10 product on field.

But not this year, of course.

Last edited:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Sometimes I wonder if Omar is just that stupid or is he just effing with us
You can't make chicken salad with chicken ****. This team still has depth and talent issues and Mullen and Co are average coaches. For instance:

In nine years at Mississippi State, Dan Mullen finished 59-18 (76%) against teams equally as talented or teams he was more talented as.

In the nine years in Starkville, Dan Mullen finished 11-29 (28%) against teams he was less talented than on a four year recruiting composite average. His best year was 2014 where he went 3-1 AMT (against more talent), and you can chalk that up to quarterback play from Dak Prescott.
Can Dan Mullen win a National Championship at Florida? Let the numbers guide you | ESPN The Zone 105.9

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Charleston So. W
UK W
Colo. St W
@ UT W
@ Miss. St L
LSU W
@ Vandy W
UGA L
Mizzou W
USCe W
Idaho W
@ FSU L

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Y’all give Mullen zero credit but have MSU as a loss on 90% of these w subpar talent cause he can’t recruit and a new coach...interesting

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
I have the MSU game in the probable loss category because of where it is on the schedule, the psychological/emotional factor that they’re going up against the coach that left them, and most of all the fact that we have historically played poorly in the state of Mississippi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb