2018 Recruits Updated

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am much more excited to have Corral. He's being "more Gator" than any Florida recruit QB we could get. When all is said & done, someone should make a wall poster showing the line of players that he's brought in. Corral's "presence" will stock our Gators with A-list players for consecutive years to come. His joining is our "out-of-the-blue" lucky charm. His decisiveness bids well for his QB-mindset vs Fields "Skip to Myloo" processing. It's a slap to say that 18 ear old no-pay Corall is putting together a better offense than our $million-dollar guruse here.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Not saying we didn't want him anyway. Just he wasn't best case scenario as i originally thought. Corral is rated higher by rivals but more importantly he's recruiting for this class like a machine. Meanwhile, fields is still holding 3 other schools hostage. I originally thought it was gonna be the complete opposite.

True, and I was really just poking a bit... I do wonder how many dominoes fall once Fields announces, but we certainly needed the momentum when we got it.

Happy to have Corral, but really thought a QB from our region would be better, especially with the rumors of several studs ready to follow. Just win, baby!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
True, and I was really just poking a bit... I do wonder how many dominoes fall once Fields announces, but we certainly needed the momentum when we got it.

Happy to have Corral, but really thought a QB from our region would be better, especially with the rumors of several studs ready to follow. Just win, baby!
some dominoes will fall, but probably not as many as could've

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So I'm dropping Nesta Silvera.....................4* DT 6'2" 300 (21/-57) Miami Commit
to the also ran list after his recent recommit to Miami

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Still think Silvera, Miller, Porter are our biggest targets at DT. STIlls, Lamar, Sandidge for SDE and Upshaw at WDE

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
We're due to have auburn on the schedule. You can bet it will happen wiyhin the next 4 years.We will definitely play against him. I don't really care though. We got our guy. It looks like we're better off.

Think we play Auburn at home in 2019. So we would see him his sophomore year after he has a year in their system. Fields is a great fit for the current Auburn offense, but their coach is on the hot seat and another average season could see a coaching change there.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Radley-Hiles wants to visit the Florida Gators

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/radley-hiles-wants-to-visit-the-florida-gators/

High school football started in the state of Florida last week, which meant many of the Florida Gators commits and targets, started playing.

One of those guys who started playing last week was Nebraska defensive back commit Brendan Radley-Hiles (5-10, 183, Bradenton, FL. IMG Academy) who played his first game for IMG on Friday.

“It was a good game, the team came out and did our job,” Radley-Hiles said of his game on Friday. “We had a few mental errors but all together we will get it together. Everything has really clicked after the second week.”

Radley-Hiles plays a lot of outside corner but he’s also trying to learn how to play everywhere in the defensive backfield.

“Learning how to play all three positions back there,” he said on things he wants to continue improving. “Learning how to play safety better, the more I know, the more I can impact my team.”

With the Nebraska learning how to play everywhere, he has had several teams stay in touch with him and Radley-Hiles says he wants to take some visits this fall.

“There’s six schools that I really want to visit,” Radley-Hiles said. “Florida, Nebraska, Texas, Oregon, Louisville, Notre Dame and Michigan.”
One of those schools that will surely get a visit is the Florida Gators and linebackers Tim Skipper is a big reason why that will happen.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
I just saw this... 247 composite has David Reese as a 4 star now and dropped Matt Corral to a 4 star. He went from the #23 player to #32. No other significant movement that I saw.

Team rankings improved as we jumped notre dame back into the 7th spot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just saw this... 247 composite has David Reese as a 4 star now and dropped Matt Corral to a 4 star. He went from the #23 player to #32. No other significant movement that I saw.

Team rankings improved as we jumped notre dame back into the 7th spot.
So, Reese improved? Clearly part of the conspiracy against us.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I don't like to post, but thought this was worth sharing. Mississippi State makes no secret that they are heavily pursuing our LB commit David Reese. I hadn't known that his brother, Stewart, plays for the bulldogs.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
I don't like to post, but thought this was worth sharing. Mississippi State makes no secret that they are heavily pursuing our LB commit David Reese. I hadn't known that his brother, Stewart, plays for the bulldogs.
But why would Reese leave the state of Florida for a lateral move to the Mud Dogs... amirite Cuz Eddie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.