Recruiting 2019 Early Signing Day Thread 12/19

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
440 is also the number of people ofdered Tinerc's HC position.

Offer doesnt mean offer anymore, really with teams sending out 200-400 of them. It is more like a kid sending valentines in grade school.

Also, the reason UF & UT (among other schools) has so many offers is that it includes the previous staff's offers plus the new staff's offers. Very likely that number would be cut 20-30% if it was just one staff.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
440 is also the number of people ofdered Tinerc's HC position.

Offer doesnt mean offer anymore, really with teams sending out 200-400 of them. It is more like a kid sending valentines in grade school.
I think they send out offers just to confuse the opposition. I bet they really focus on less than 50.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think they send out offers just to confuse the opposition. I bet they really focus on less than 50.
IMO if you cant commit to it and take a seat in the class, it isnt really an offer at all. It should just be called "an Interest" or something.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Interesting numbers...
Chip Kelly’s UCLA appears to have 2 big recruiting problems

DutNCO4XQAAOwSh.jpg

Wonder how this compared to when Meyer was here and we were recruiting much better. I'm guessing we had less offers then, compared to now, cause of all the Plan B's we offer? Chip is stingy as hell with his offers. LOL

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
It’s these threads that make me long for the days when the average fan had zero insight into the background of the incoming freshmen until AFTER the national signing day was over. We watched and waited to see what the coaching staff could do with the talent they brought in. Back then a coach was asked to assess talent using his methods and in how he felt it fit his system. Back then a coach didn’t have to deal with prima donna egos from 16-18 year olds that are stroked from the time they are freshmen and sophomores with blue check fame verified accounts and 10s of thousands of crazy fans from all over the U.S. Back then we focused more on what the coach did with the talent they had on campus or that they brought in prior to the season, based solely on the game day observations. We didn’t know a 1-star from a 17-star. We would have thought 3-star Dak Prescott was a 17-Star and that 5-star Jeff Driskell was a 1-star. Stop with the madness and let’s just wait to see what Dan and staff do with what they have. The sign of good leadership (and coaching) is to bring out more from within than what anyone expected - including those being led.

Dude, you’re literally longing for a time when we were just more ignorant.

I’d add to the list, remember how great it was when we didn’t know that seatbelts saved lives, cigarettes were thought to be healthy, racism was pretty acceptable, Flint didn’t know there was lead in the water, black and white tv’s didn’t cause TV personalities to wear so much makeup, horses were family friends and helped pull our wagon into town, we ordered encyclopedias and spent 3 hours to try to find a single historical fact, . . .

This could be a fun game of remember when we were uninformed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There were recruiting magazines and rankings back then too, but they just weren't well known. Beano Cook had one, and basically made every ND recruit a blue chip.

Mac Brown, Bob Davie, and Ray Goof were famous for their February Championships.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

I’d add to the list, remember how great it was when we didn’t know that seatbelts saved lives, cigarettes were thought to be healthy, racism was pretty acceptable, Flint didn’t know there was lead in the water, black and white tv’s didn’t cause TV personalities to wear so much makeup, horses were family friends and helped pull our wagon into town, we ordered encyclopedias and spent 3 hours to try to find a single historical fact, . . .

This could be a fun game of remember when we were uninformed.

Wow. You really just decided to take a point made on a fan bases lack of knowledge and how it wasn’t so bad back then to another level by comparing a time of being uninformed to that of racism, health issues, and other things.

My point is that people get too wrapped up into the stupid $hit, like college football recruiting stars and rankings, and for the most part you just helped validate that through your own ignorant comparisons.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
There were recruiting magazines and rankings back then too, but they just weren't well known. Beano Cook had one, and basically made every ND recruit a blue chip.

Mac Brown, Bob Davie, and Ray Goof were famous for their February Championships.
Beano freakin Cook. Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in forever

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
So apparently USC released an article saying we got Steele...which if true is pretty ****ty for them to do

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So apparently USC released an article saying we got Steele...which if true is pretty ****ty for them to do
There was no chance it wasnt going to leak if it really happened anyway.

Hell it is probably a public record. You could FOIA them. Id think he would have to be reported to the NCAA also.
Just weird.

I would think he would just enroll in Jan and forget the ESD.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Very rarely does a guy sign with a program he decommitted from. I can't think of a guy in regards to Florida. Did Matt Elam decommit and then sign with us?

I think he did and then Meyer had a heart to heart talk with him and he signed with us. Only to have Urban quit on him a year later.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Wow. You really just decided to take a point made on a fan bases lack of knowledge and how it wasn’t so bad back then to another level by comparing a time of being uninformed to that of racism, health issues, and other things.

My point is that people get too wrapped up into the stupid $hit, like college football recruiting stars and rankings, and for the most part you just helped validate that through your own ignorant comparisons.

Wow is right. The evidence that recruiting stars and rankings is highly important and not “stupid sh&t” is pretty irrefutable, but every once in a while we still get posts like yours. My analogies were to things that are now obvious, despite historically not being so (not comparing import). You helped solidify my point by still arguing against something now obvious and very well established.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
There was no chance it wasnt going to leak if it really happened anyway.

Hell it is probably a.public record. You could FOIA them. Id think he would have to be reported to the NCAA also.
Just weird.

I would think he would just enroll in Jan and forget the ESD.

I just feel bad for him regardless it was his moment and he really seems to be one of the kids I like in regards to not being a childish diva

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator