2019 Football Scheduling: Extra Bye Week

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
This is a little twist entering next year. Teams get a second bye week. I was doing a little research, seeing how teams are using their extra bye week. One thing that jumped out at me is this: UGA will most likely play 6 teams coming off of a bye next year.

Tennessee
Florida
South Carolina
Mizzou
Auburn
Georgia Tech(Maybe?)

Wowzers. Don't remember the last time SEC scheduling shafted UGA, but they are overdue for it IMO. We used our extra bye week on FSU. I anticipate FSU will do the same. According to FBS schedules the ACC game dates have not been set yet. So we'll see.

LSU decided to use their extra bye week two weeks before the Florida game with a cupcake sandwiched in between. So it looks like LSU might gain a slight advantage there.

Those were my initial observations. Hopefully UGA loses another 1-2 games because of the new rule, and hopefully it doesn't help LSU too much when we play them next year.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah every 5 or 6 years, the calendar falls so there's an extra Saturday during football season, which gives everyone an extra bye week.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The players could sure use the rest and healing. I'd be ok with starting earlier, going later, and giving them a week off once a month.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The players could sure use the rest and healing. I'd be ok with starting earlier, going later, and giving them a week off once a month.

Could probably amass some data showing such scheduling lessened injuries, or at least "games missed" due to injuries ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb