2019 Gatorchatter Expansion - Need input

Would you tell a Gator fan you just met about Gatorchatter?

• Probably yes

Votes: 50 94.3%
  • Probably no

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So, my good buddy Carib shoots me a PM yesterday with some terrific ideas toward expansion of this board. With the Gator brand on the rebound, 2019 is the year to take another big step forward in growing Gatorchatter. Here's part of what Carib wrote to me:

"So I am reading your 2018 2019 forum thread, and it occurred to me, when I am out and about, I see somebody with gator gear, car tag, etc, if I have a chance I talk a little gator talk with them then mention to them to check out this site."

Carib is on to something here. How many of us chat with other Gator fans all the time? He had a suggestion of providing business cards to members who requested them, in which they could hand them out to Gators they run into. He also mentioned something about a code that could be placed on the cards that would give them a free month as a supporting member, and some other ways that could track how the new members found us. Then, when I get some registrations that I know came from a certain person handing out cards, they could be rewarded with swag, etc.

I'm wide open to suggestions here. If they are good ones, I will just pretend that I came up with them myself. And a special thanks to Carib, who actually spends his own time coming up with ways to expand the community. He completes me.

No matter what, I need to get some cards made up. Can someone give me a suggestion as to what website they have used to design and order business cards?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
talk to friends all the time especially out of state about GC. How about in addition to the cards some type of e-card with a link and information on it? We can easily send to fellow Gator Fans.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
talk to friends all the time especially out of state about GC. How about in addition to the cards some type of e-card with a link and information on it? We can easily send to fellow Gator Fans.
Yes, another great idea. Something that can be emailed to people.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
My first response to needing ideas for improvement is to use the internet. A brief search indicates a lot of stuff on how to use a forum to drive your business, not so much on how to grow one.

I did find something that might be useful (or not) is here Tampa Marketing Consultants

OX you might try other searches.

I wonder if the official web site would be open to cooperation, they don't as far as I know have a board.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You could advertise on the sides of buses and planes.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
The site is subject to the spinning beach ball of death. Anything that can be done to speed things up?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
When I used to buy and sell houses for a living, I had cups, pens, notepads, shirts and hats, street corner signs, signs on my vehicles, I paid a couple people to put my signs on their vehicles and I did a few 30 second TV commercials. I also sponsored a local little league team which had my company name on the uniforms and hung my advertisement on the fences at the games. I had a couple of 4x8 signs made and had them permitted to place at the two main entrances to town. I also advertised at a local Christmas light display.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As much as it pains me to say it, The Sun is probably still the go to spot for many Gator fans since it’s the home town rag. Maybe some ads on their site?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The site is subject to the spinning beach ball of death. Anything that can be done to speed things up?
Become a member and it’s ad free. That’s the ticket, brother!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Shouldn't really happen much even with ads.....haven't heard any other complaints about speed. PM me with some specifics on what you're seeing.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Hmmm... what are you reading it on? This site’s blazing fast on both my computer and my iPhone. I navigate 99% of the time on my iPhone

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In all honesty 90% of your user base is 40+ in age. I’d find all Gator clubs and email them and then I’d let them build banners specific to their club to have under their name.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In all honesty 90% of your user base is 40+ in age. I’d find all Gator clubs and email them and then I’d let them build banners specific to their club to have under their name.
Okay, if anyone is a member of a Gator Club and could help me out, please shoot me a PM.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've always been partial to Sky Writing or Planes towing banners over athletic events....

The temporary membership code is a solid idea.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
My wife manages a successful dentist office and the dentist (woman) is a gator grad. She may be willing to place some cards or hang a tasteful banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator